RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
arjay

Superb ride

55 minutes ago, arjay said:

Gary Grylls very well done, last at 600, sure things opened up, but a no panic effort.😃

Yeh great ride. Tried it again in the last but didn’t work this time. 

Mai Tais  run was another forget run

51 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Well done the winner.

Iffie Shows - better than a $150 shot especially with the wet....

Had a decent punt on Iffie Shows each way and in tris and first 4s.

I will confess I don't rate jockeys at the best of times - but I look back at that ride and wonder what may have been...

55 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Well done the winner.

Iffie Shows - better than a $150 shot especially with the wet....

Have to agree, big run by the iffrag horse, especially being caught wide, and working to front, but yeah winner to strong and no excuses for the others. 

I thought the mid race move was ok.

But I don't get the rails hugging into the straight?

When all winners came down the middle of the track, exactly where Grylls headed off the bend....Stuck on well enough on the inside but clearly that middle lane 3/4 meters out was faster. 

Yes, I am talking with my pocket ( to a $10 degree so...). 

Anyway. Winner was very good. 

Just watched the Derby - a curious race to my eyes. The pace varied as two or three wanted to be up the front so they led and immediately dropped anchor and the whole field was stacked up on the home turn.

2:35.21 isn't a bad time given the conditions which were obviously slower than might have been expected and you needed a horse who got he trip. I thought IL AFFARE got an interesting ride - Parkes got the ground off the home turn but the rail clearly wasn't the place to be though to be fair I don't think IL AFFARE got home.

The favourite and top rated prevailed which you always like to see. ROCKET SPADE's dam did her best running on a slow surface and was proven at 2000m so he had all the credentials on breeding to go 2400m on a Slow 8. MILFORD got closer to the winner than in the Avondale Guineas but not by enough and I just wonder whether on a faster surface you might get a different result.

Maybe the one to take out of the race is the third, FRONTMAN. Obviously, he was fancied to out run his rating but this was a considerable step forward

I thought Frontman was Value Bet of the Day at Ellerslie,..couldnt believe the price ..ticked all the boxes for me -  except for racing experience/ miles under the belt ...phenomenal effort for close 3rd given the fact that he missed a lead-up race (Matamata abandonment).

Could do a 'Jon Snow' and be a true revelation in Sydney.   And so could Milford.