RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

A slow learner or over competitive?

Brent Mangos just back from a few weeks on the sideline for whip use -

NEED YOU NOW - raced three wide in the early and middle stages before improving to lead near the 1000 metres. Driver B Mangos was issued with a warning for using his whip with more than a wrist flicking motion.

SHOW ME HEAVEN - an inquiry was opened and adjourned into the manner in which driver B Mangos used his whip over the latter stages of the run home.

DANCE TILL DAWN - driver B Mangos was warned for being out of position at the candy pole. The all clear was delayed until Stewards could speak with the connections of 5th placed ARTISAN regarding interference entering the first bend. After speaking with S Phelan and B Purdon dividends were cleared accordingly. Stewards adjourned an inquiry into the manner in which Mr Mangos drove at this time.

Unbelievable by the stipes to only warn him after the first infringement. Weren't Blair and Bob given 8 weeks for their 2nd infringement.

But the one that pisses me off is the blatant interference caused by him on Dance TD, because the stipes need to talk to Scott and Barry first - WTF would Barry know about what happened? And this is the classic mates helping mates (and we will pay you back later - as Tony did to Zac in the last for pushing him out earlier in the night) and fook the betting public.

Not talking through my pockets as only had one bet for the night - multi Morrie with Tim in D Challenge

Stipes are a joke up north to much shit just gets brushed under the table. The aussie system is better if you break the rules your out tough shit no need to ask other drivers if it affected them. They rule stats for a protest to be upheld you have to prove you could’ve beaten the horse that affected you home. Dance till dawn was less than a length infront of artisan at the finish yet the stipes report says artisan lost 6 lenghts in the incident so clearly without losing that ground would’ve surely beaten dance till dawn home. Mangos horse should’ve been put back behind at least artisan base solely off their own report 

55 minutes ago, hsvman said:

Stipes are a joke up north to much shit just gets brushed under the table. The aussie system is better if you break the rules your out tough shit no need to ask other drivers if it affected them. They rule stats for a protest to be upheld you have to prove you could’ve beaten the horse that affected you home. Dance till dawn was less than a length infront of artisan at the finish yet the stipes report says artisan lost 6 lenghts in the incident so clearly without losing that ground would’ve surely beaten dance till dawn home. Mangos horse should’ve been put back behind at least artisan base solely off their own report 

That's not the same Mango of old is it ... Cleaning up Artisan was atrocious, You're rght , what can Barry offer and Scott was there ? Surely this could have been settled on the night ?

The availability of so many video angles these days I believe tends to make the stipes wary of making spot decisions, a bit like the video does with rugby (& league & other sports)     And of course different video angles can make the incident look different anyway.     I suppose it's a thankless job, especially where a driver (or jockey) can be puniished for something the horse does which is out of their control but they get the blame.    You will notice that in the majority of enquiries for interference etc. it is always the horseman's fault which gives the impression that the horses are perfect!     Just glad I am neither a horseman or a stipe.       

5 hours ago, Spikecity said:

But the one that pisses me off is the blatant interference caused by him on Dance TD, because the stipes need to talk to Scott and Barry first - WTF would Barry know about what happened? And this is the classic mates helping mates (and we will pay you back later - as Tony did to Zac in the last for pushing him out earlier in the night) and fook the betting public.

Agreed.

He had a shocking night and cost at least 2 of his drives a higher finish.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up having another holiday.

On 3/6/2021 at 12:47 PM, eljay said:

The availability of so many video angles these days I believe tends to make the stipes wary of making spot decisions, a bit like the video does with rugby (& league & other sports)     And of course different video angles can make the incident look different anyway.     I suppose it's a thankless job, especially where a driver (or jockey) can be puniished for something the horse does which is out of their control but they get the blame.    You will notice that in the majority of enquiries for interference etc. it is always the horseman's fault which gives the impression that the horses are perfect!     Just glad I am neither a horseman or a stipe.       

Yep, stipes need to forget about asking questions and make decision on the video evidence at hand.

4 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Yep, stipes need to forget about asking questions and make decision on the video evidence at hand.

100% True, Video evidence is there for all to see. Stipes have to consider anything that comes out of the Drivers mouths whether be truth or fabricated.

They Can't just ignore them, as the 'pleas of innocence' are part of the evidence gathering process. the pleas muddy the waters.

Horses are error prone too , hanging and allsorts , especially 'Learning 2 year olds' learning to race. All sorts can happen , as the 2 yearold fillies showed on Fri in the Group 2 at Alex park.

18 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

100% True, Video evidence is there for all to see. Stipes have to consider anything that comes out of the Drivers mouths whether be truth or fabricated.

They Can't just ignore them, as the 'pleas of innocence' are part of the evidence gathering process. the pleas muddy the waters.

Horses are error prone too , hanging and allsorts , especially 'Learning 2 year olds' learning to race. All sorts can happen , as the 2 yearold fillies showed on Fri in the Group 2 at Alex park.

The part I find amusing (pathetic actually) was the stipes talking to Barry Purdon - where was he watching the race from that he could see any more than joe blogs?