RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

Drivers and covid

I see both D&P Ferguson and D Butcher down to drive at both northern meetings this week - can't see that happening. Sure to be others list at both meetings - just had a quick glance.

Mattie White and Todd Mitchell another couple

Edited by Spikecity
Added to story

All the drivers (and some trainers) down at both meetings got government exemptions to travel across the border. It appears now that HRNZ have decided that they don’t want the Aucklanders travelling to the Cambridge meeting despite their exemption resulting in mass scratching the day before the races & they have stopped the likes of Mark Purdon attending Auckland’s meeting.

I guess we will have to wait and see whether or not they still allow the Waikato drivers to attend Auckland’s premier night... I would have thought it would be ok if the government grants an exemption the risk must be fairly low. But guess we’ll find out 

8 hours ago, tasman man said:

Yes , highly unlikely any drivers can cross the border....they will have to stay at home .

Watch this space.

Some have exemptions which the Govt should never have allowed.

As I've said for the third time Harness Racing is not exempt from Covid19 and nor is it expendable.

Racing NZ has done a great job making sure racing can continue in Level 3, but will take a few selfish people to ruin it

Level 2 and 3 should not mix, horses can be transported between levels and handled and driven by people already in that level, just takes management.

Harness racing people please follow the rules like everyone else and stay in your own level for the sake of the whole country.

Meanwhile pockets of the USA have opened up and life is back to normal, as are places like Croatia.

In New Zealand we don't have a very dense population of people, well maybe some are but you know what we mean, so the likelihood of getting or testing positive for Covid is questionable.

Besides ALL those school kids who just got tested, didn't they all come back negative?

Just saying

Do remember Rule of Law, Ardern did back last year say that what we were told were "GUIDELINES".

One exercises common sense and stays home or gets sunshine and eats healthy or sees one's own GP if one is feeling unwell.

All things In Proportion, It's part of the whole body of Public Health to attend work, school and / or socialize.

The economy needs people working to pay back the ginumgous financial debts we have now found ourselves in.

There may not be any Superannuation scheme the rate this Government are going

We still have Rule of Law.

1 hour ago, 45yearsofharness said:

See still 1 Auckland driver down to drive at Cambridge, 1 drive,  whats the point stay away!!

Six level 2 drivers still on the list for Auckland, MAD!

Stay home!!

Sorted, no Auckland Drivers at CAMBRIDGE Congratulations to all those that finally used common sense.

Auckland horses scratched at Cambridge - are they "ordinary" scratchings or "late" scratchings.               They same will possibly happen at Auckland tomorrow too - Auckland should get this sorted quickly.    Believe it or not punters do want to know - as the stipes reports say "looking after the punters".     

4 minutes ago, eljay said:

Auckland horses scratched at Cambridge - are they "ordinary" scratchings or "late" scratchings.               They same will possibly happen at Auckland tomorrow too - Auckland should get this sorted quickly.    Believe it or not punters do want to know - as the stipes reports say "looking after the punters".     

Looks like they all scratched within the allocated time, so should not be late scratching?

Driver change was rather late this morning though.

25 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Sorted, no Auckland Drivers at CAMBRIDGE Congratulations to all those that finally used common sense.

Who used "Common sense" - it was allowed to happen by both the government (issuing permits) and HRNZ for allowing punters and participants to believe it was all kosha by publishing this info.    Then HRNZ did a flip flop at the eleventh hour causing wholesale chaos with the fields.     Now nothing said about Auckland tomorrow.      The fans (punters) surely deserve better or there will be more getting fed up with harness and drifting away. 

Just now, eljay said:

Who used "Common sense" - it was allowed to happen by both the government (issuing permits) and HRNZ for allowing punters and participants to believe it was all kosha by publishing this info.    Then HRNZ did a flip flop at the eleventh hour causing wholesale chaos with the fields.     Now nothing said about Auckland tomorrow.      The fans (punters) surely deserve better or there will be more getting fed up with harness and drifting away. 

I would say they will be waiting to see if Auckland go to Level 2 tonight, then decision will be made.

Yes HRNZ should have been onto it, in there directions for racing at both levels they did not mention anything about level movements but all said and done, we have had this scenario before and no one has been able to move from one level to another, that's where Common Sense from all involved should have been adhered to.

5 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Driver changes at Auckland, looks like no Level 2 drivers anymore.

Yes - the whole episode has been an utter shambles.   A lot of unnecessary toing & froing     

3 minutes ago, eljay said:

Yes - the whole episode has been an utter shambles.   A lot of unnecessary toing & froing     

But like I said, past meetings under same levels was always no travel between them, who thought it was going to different, so many people in the wrong on this one.

I not sure - but I think someone did.     While on this subject - I see Yrdgren is Chairman of Stipes at Auckland.    Surely after they said they didnt want Inter Island travel they wont send him up?            

45 minutes ago, eljay said:

I not sure - but I think someone did.     While on this subject - I see Yrdgren is Chairman of Stipes at Auckland.    Surely after they said they didnt want Inter Island travel they wont send him up?            

Get down to the Park Lloyd and suss the place out .......book into Lone star or the Chinese restaurant and get the binoculars ready !

Are the hospitals overflowing with Covid19 patients?
Isn't there a White Cross, Southern cross, Doctors rooms and private and public hospitals in most main suburbs in Auckland and the main cities in New Zealand?

It's not like people are falling over and dying in the streets like we were lead to believe by this Government around 12 months ago, are we?
And don't feed us the Boosheet that they have saved our lives as they have cost people their mental wellness.

Now how many youth, and others, have committed suicide over the last year from the distress of all this nonsense 'Science'?

Where is MP David Clark?