RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mike28

fixed quinella,trifecta,exactas

what would be the best way to go about it tote or fixed. If you like 2 or 3 horses in the race and you thing they will be backed would it be better to fix early on would that on average pay more?

would it be better to go tote if you like a couple that you think will probably drift in the market thoughts?

1 hour ago, mike28 said:

what would be the best way to go about it tote or fixed. If you like 2 or 3 horses in the race and you thing they will be backed would it be better to fix early on would that on average pay more?

would it be better to go tote if you like a couple that you think will probably drift in the market thoughts?

Bookies percentages are bad for punters but get closer to tote prices at start time,take notes for free on the fixed price and tote equivalents and get the best price for the most bets .having done this myself for win bets tote prices are better on a 70/ 30 ratio.

i just wanted to make sure im not undercutting myself. maybe the fixed price combinations they open the favoured runners might be unders and ends up paying more on the tote in the most part. maybe takeout rate might be higher as well i like to be well informed even if it means asking stupid questions. does anyone know the takeout rates for the fixed multiples eg exacta,quinella,trifecta  compared to tote cheers

2 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

But I thought you didn't bet, why would you be interested

said who? If you cant add anything to the discussions why do you even comment i really dont get it why would you make a comment like that

1 minute ago, TurnyTom said:

Just stating what you have said on other threads, you restrict yourself and do not bet I just don't get what you are on about with your posts, they are most odd

im odd you must have got me confused with someone else i dont recall saying any of those things. ive never said i dont bet maybe ive said i didnt bet on a certain day or race but ive never said i dont bet as in dont bet at all. 

i have had a look at my old posts i can only get it to back to january 2nd this year. there was nothing there that said i dont bet or am restricting myself or anything of that nature i can screenshot it if you like there is another mike on here that comments on here quite a lot it is probably him.  What is odd about trying to find out more information about something. your comment was odd cause it had nothing to do with the discussion and was false anyway it sounded like you were fishing next time put the bait on properly you gonna have to do a bit better than that.

59 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

But I thought you didn't bet, why would you be interested

Might be mixed up with me.just to add to that I do bet but just at present laying low but I do have my prize bet from comp last week to test me out,trying to sort something in next few days.

Just now, mikenz said:

Might be mixed up with me

i dont get why he has to put comments like that on anyway its stupid. ask a question about a bet type i thought you dont bet why would you be intrested its childish as i said he was trying to go fishing he is not very good at it fishing techniques have changed over the years

2 minutes ago, mike28 said:

i dont get why he has to put comments like that on anyway its stupid. ask a question about a bet type i thought you dont bet why would you be intrested its childish as i said he was trying to go fishing he is not very good at it fishing techniques have changed over the years

Sometimes my comments rile a few up,I got a bit of abuse remember regarding one of the jockeys i posted about,on reflection it was a bit out of order but that's life,let's focus on the now and the future.

33 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Just stating what you have said on other threads, you restrict yourself and do not bet I just don't get what you are on about with your posts, they are most odd

33 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Sometimes my comments rile a few up,I got a bit of abuse remember regarding one of the jockeys i posted about,on reflection it was a bit out of order but that's life,let's focus on the now and the future.

your right buddy at least i make them think twice now before casting out the rode

I think this is a step in the right direction but still, unlike most Aussie bookmakers, there is no percentage option. I have had some success on 365 with 50% exactas which often pay quite well. 

But at least you can do exactas as well as quinella which suits me for exotics. 

Derby exacta if a roughie pops up could be worthwhile.....

46 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

I think this is a step in the right direction but still, unlike most Aussie bookmakers, there is no percentage option. I have had some success on 365 with 50% exactas which often pay quite well. 

But at least you can do exactas as well as quinella which suits me for exotics. 

Derby exacta if a roughie pops up could be worthwhile.....

In reality just another way to spend ya money,guess though everyone has different likes and dislikes

57 minutes ago, mikenz said:

In reality just another way to spend ya money,guess though everyone has different likes and dislikes

Exactly right.

Only exotic I can snare regularly is a quinella....exacta like a turbo form of that. 

I say regularly but if I got two per Saturday I would be doing well...;)

Its a fair question. When you look at the fixed odds early you have to decide if you will accept the price otherwise wait. Often horses will drift on the day close to race time. The horse, jockey,stable and publicity will all have an impact, its up to you. Just don't be disappointed if it pays better on the day and experience will teach you what to look for. That is unless someone like the Boys Get Paid gets a "special" on a specific race.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:26 PM, mikenz said:

Might be mixed up with me.just to add to that I do bet but just at present laying low but I do have my prize bet from comp last week to test me out,trying to sort something in next few days.

Gee the lovely folk at the TAB gave me my monthly 10 buck bonus ,first bet was on over 2.5 goals Swansea v Stoke at 2.35.thought it was gunna bum out but Swansea score a penalty after 95 mins so that won,talk about cutting it fine,so after a few more soccer bets and three bets at Winton I find I make a 200% profit,if only one could do that with 10 grand  but it just ain't that easy.

I wonder how long before it's gone.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:02 PM, TurnyTom said:

Are you sure you are not referring to Mikenz who has said he does not bet but obviously does based on post above😃

15 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Are you sure you are not referring to Mikenz who has said he does not bet but obviously does based on post above😃

On this occasion the TAB did give me a free bet so one uses it before one loses it.

On another note they are talking waves possibly 3metres that's 10 feet,in the tsunami up north,that's a fair bit of water.