RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Racing this week

I totally agree with the statement below about HRNZ Preference that should be no travel between districts, "Common Scene"

As I have said before Harness racing is not exempt from covid19 but Harness Racing is expendable.

Regional travel and handling of horses
Some Licence Holders have applied for and been given exemptions to travel across the border to Waikato BOP and Auckland TC meetings. We understand that this is your livelihood but specifically ask that you consider -

• Wearing masks
  • Social distancing
  • Minimal contact with others
  • Wiping down gear after each race
  • Constant hand washing and/or the use of gloves
  • Using the Covid-19 Tracing App at each venue
  • In the Waikato - avoid all contact with public (note no public allowed at Auckland TC)

However, HRNZ's preference is that there is no travel between the different Alert level regions and that if possible, you consider using other licence holders to handle your horses outside of your region

Come on Harness people, do your bit for the country, your family, friends and colleges "Stay Home"

3 hours ago, eljay said:

I understand, but cannot swear to it, that drivers have obtained permits to travel and likewise Johnny Dunn & Tim Williams from Christchurch.

Could they fly into Hamilton instead of Auckland? Just wondering. 

another,but related pos problem,is the number at a single function being 100.... Racecourses are allowing under level 2 100 people to attend. however racecourses inc. addington are inviting owners with horses racing to attend plus all those necessary, eg commentators stipes vets crash crew,starters etc and then trainers and now owners which with over 100 horses racing on friday could add up to around 400  . maybe there are exceptions and I dont want owners not to attend but hope it is legit..