RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Grass Track Racing Yesterday

I know its a case of each to their own but how hard was it to watch yesterdays racing and outcomes. 3 out of 12 favs won with large blowouts a feature of the days racing. 

Averos Spitfire finally won a race at start 60 and what did you make of the drive on Last of the Mohicans??

It looked relatively green for North Otago for time of year,I did notice the adjacent landowners hadn't mowed or sprayed the thistles,often that's about all the paddocks have growing in them,that new years rain set the place up for a good summer,often just a dust bowl.

36 minutes ago, eljay said:

Who wants favourites to win every race?        People complained when All Stars won every race at $1.50 now  complaints because the favourites didn't win.         

Nothing wrong with favs winning. I like it that way as,a rule.

The point I was making was grass track racing always produces rough results.

@mike

There's a reason we have Thistles, the sheep graze  on them when there was no grass & bees love em, besides they remind us of Scotland's contribution to New Zealand & the role of The Accclimatisation Society in NZ...all part of the wider Ecological pyramid & why we have plants & animals of all types in the world.

Whilst some consider thistles to be a "Pest Plant" they do have a very valuable role..

Next time you see some on a sunny day, look for the Bees & think about that next slice of toast & honey 🍯 before you sit down to watch the races & imagine the sheep grazing on the Racecourse before Machinery took over... 

13 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

@JJ Flash nothing like a challenge in life to keep the young brain active & activate parts of it one didn't know existed.

At least  no one has told you to take up knitting recently 👍

Stop & think of golden days of Race tracks in these rural areas & how they came about & who gifted them to the people.

They all have an interesting story..

Now that's an area NZ Tourism & Our Racing industry could create jobs in and share stories about our history as people need jobs to "Bild Back Better" as the Guvmint tell us all.  Not that we have had a Tsunami sweep across all of New Zealand & we need to Rebuild the  core buildings & housing...

Have a great day!!

58 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Nothing worng with the favourites not winning at all.

Thats why it's called "Gambling" i suggest

5 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

what did you make of the drive on Last of the Mohicans

I'm a big fan of Ricky who has produced many brilliant drives over the years but that wasn't one of them..... a bit of a shocker

1 hour ago, meomy said:

@JJ Flash nothing like a challenge in life to keep the young brain active & activate parts of it one didn't know existed.

Stop & think of golden days of Race tracks in these rural areas & how they came about & who gifted them to the people.

Now that's an area NZ Tourism & Our Racing industry could create jobs in and share stories about our history as people need jobs to "Bild Back Better" as the Guvmint tell us all.  Not that we have had a Tsunami sweep across all of New Zealand & we need to Rebuild the  core buildings & housing...

Have a great day!!

I was brought up on grass track racing and appreciate where you are coming from. To many its a brilliant day out as witnessed by summer crowds at Mot and Methven. Nowadays i cant enthuse over the form reversals that have occurred on a regular basis at grass track meetings so steer well clear of them. Others will see it differently and good on them for doing so as each to their own.. Im sure many doing the form look exclusively at course and track  stats etc but they would have got a blooded nose yesterday from what i saw. 

2 hours ago, lamour said:

I'm a big fan of Ricky who has produced many brilliant drives over the years but that wasn't one of them..... a bit of a shocker

Slow beginning from the ace draw probably never helped to be fair 

3 hours ago, meomy said:

Have a great day!!

Meomy

Miss your photos of the potholes in the entrance to Alex Park Members carpark......any progress on all blocks being opened and living in ?

I heard the area with potholes is up for sale !

Will they get more for it if they fill in the potholes ?

On 3/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, lamour said:

And he got away Scott free. As a gallops man said to me yesterday , he would have been up on charges for not giving it every chance if it was their code.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:08 PM, tasman man said:

Meomy

Miss your photos of the potholes in the entrance to Alex Park Members carpark......any progress on all blocks being opened and living in ?

I heard the area with potholes is up for sale !

Will they get more for it if they fill in the potholes ?

Geez actually they have just filled in the grand swimming pool that they left to neglect at Greenlane Hospital.

Would you believe turned it into a Paid Carpark?

And they chopped down heritage trees that were great to shelter in when it got to hot or was raining.

One would think in these important times of Public Health awareness they would be encouraging ADHB STAFF to look after there ASSETS, restore them to glory and take up swimming and get fit and healthy on the premises, but NOPE.

So much for Public Health personal leading by example and looking after the Well Being of staff first and foremost and one would have thought the GREENS would be onto them for the harm to the Environment, but NOPE

Of course we all must be mindful of the era and what was going on in life before such Buildings etc are demolished e.g swimming pools tended to be built in eras of The Depression when life was very difficult.

Interestingly, we keep getting told how certain races are more likely to commit crime and end up in jail - those same people would be better off put into training and working on Restoration projects rather than be over represented in Demolition Crews..goes hand in hand..destructive behaviour tends to crime, positive restoration tends towards a better attitude and appreciation of those before and currently in life..