RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kingshill

Lunar Fox - Stallion potential?

After his Australian Guinneas victory yesterday at odds of $139 in a race that has had past winners that go on to be top stallions ( Pins, Flying spur, Shamus award and Zabeel to name a few) it got me thinking....... Will he now be hot property and be chased hard by studs to secure him, or will the $139 odds and the fact that he's not a son of say Fastnet rock/Snitzel/Redoubts choice calm them down a bit? 🤔🏇

While I understand your point about the win at high odds and some people would see the win as a fluke because of it, I do not think serious people looking at him as a stallion prospect would or should think that way.

Lunar Fox won the VRC Sires Produce (Grp 2) as a two year old. Like Hinchinbrook , Foxwedge is by Fastnet Rock. Lunar Fox is from a USA female family --is that a plus or a negative, I do not know. But looking at the race on Saturday it would not surprise to win more black type races and over more distance

At this stage I would not think he is in the "hot property" category just yet, but it would not surprise me to see him get to that level.

Wouldn't hesitate to use him for a second, but given his Sire has been moved into the Bread and Butter category , I'm picking he will be a harder sell than the likes of Ole Kirk,King's Legacy (not sure whats going on with him) etc.

6 hours ago, Huey said:

Wouldn't hesitate to use him for a second, but given his Sire has been moved into the Bread and Butter category , I'm picking he will be a harder sell than the likes of Ole Kirk,King's Legacy (not sure whats going on with him) etc.

None of that group will make it as a stallion, except possible Ole Kirk and I am only giving him the benefit of the doubt simply because of his breeding and his Caulfield Guineas win. 

Having said that he is probably the best of a bloody ordinary lot given what's gone on since.

Maybe another colt [or gelding] will prove all dominate in the weeks ahead.

My prediction is that he will have the prefix of [NZ] after his name.

Liz 

51 minutes ago, Insider said:

None of that group will make it as a stallion, except possible Ole Kirk and I am only giving him the benefit of the doubt simply because of his breeding and his Caulfield Guineas win. 

Having said that he is probably the best of a bloody ordinary lot given what's gone on since.

Maybe another colt [or gelding] will prove all dominate in the weeks ahead.

My prediction is that he will have the prefix of [NZ] after his name.

Liz 

I'd be surprised if Ole Kirk didn't make it , something about him and the pedigree.