RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Fuel Prices

Have you noticed the price of fuel has slowly but steadily risen (and looks like it not stopped yet) over the past 2 to 3 weeks.      In my area 91 by 13 c.p.l. and a little down the road 17 c.p.l. (passing the 2.20.9 mark)      It seems to be happening in a domino effect - first one company then another then another etc.     Is there any valid reason or is it because with the lockdown over the holiday period these vultures are trying to "rectify" the loss of income due to the consequent drop of income?

7 minutes ago, eljay said:

Have you noticed the price of fuel has slowly but steadily risen (and looks like it not stopped yet) over the past 2 to 3 weeks.      In my area 91 by 13 c.p.l. and a little down the road 17 c.p.l. (passing the 2.20.9 mark)      It seems to be happening in a domino effect - first one company then another then another etc.     Is there any valid reason or is it because with the lockdown over the holiday period these vultures are trying to "rectify" the loss of income due to the consequent drop of income?

And at a time Eljay when our dollar is particularly strong. However there is a massive "gouge" going on right across the economy, be it rates, hospitality (food and accommodation), tradies, supermarkets etc

1 minute ago, eljay said:

Obviously if they 'stick together' they can easily increase prices.....and with wages going up along with the extra holidays and government handouts etc the consumer is the one who has to pay.

And folk aren't using cars less...in fact the opposite.Cars are increasing by the week and car prices have gone up ...small and medium ....$4000 since July 2020.

Plus the Fuel companies need to pay for their Discounts/Loyalty offers they make.....most people get 6c/litre discount ,Senior citizens another 2 cents or up to 12cents off overall on some days.Now often more often than once a week...Briscoes style.

Plus they advertise the price with the discount already off to lure us in !

They play us like a fiddle !

You might have to ditch your bike soon Gary.      No doubt you saw the news flash this week that the Coathanger cannot take any further strengthening.      So that could mean no bike lanes added.      Great way for Phil the Nil to save a lot of funds.     They have of course started a few projects installing bike lanes to connect to the bridge but I suppose they could become the "Lanes to Nowhere"

6 hours ago, tasman man said:

Obviously if they 'stick together' they can easily increase prices.....and with wages going up along with the extra holidays and government handouts etc the consumer is the one who has to pay.

And folk aren't using cars less...in fact the opposite.Cars are increasing by the week and car prices have gone up ...small and medium ....$4000 since July 2020.

Plus the Fuel companies need to pay for their Discounts/Loyalty offers they make.....most people get 6c/litre discount ,Senior citizens another 2 cents or up to 12cents off overall on some days.Now often more often than once a week...Briscoes style.

Plus they advertise the price with the discount already off to lure us in !

They play us like a fiddle !

Senior Citzens get an extra discount? How?

3 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Senior Citzens get an extra discount? How?

The  tiny Caltex I go to on Long Drive , St Heliers gives 2c/ltre for Seniors ,so I assumed every Caltex did....this on top of usual 6 cents discount .....10c on Wednesday plus the odd other day .

I bought petrol today as heading up North.

RRP was $2.069 for 91 petrol......so got 6c for Airpoints card and 2 c cos I look old.

Drove thru Greenlane Ellerslie , BP price was RRP of $2.229 , advertised on board as $2.169 pumped.

I  only ever go to bigger brands.......but I try and support my 'little' local guy who is Caltex.

His prices always among the best yet I hear locals say he is expensive.....but I notice he never beaten by bigger brands...maybe Gull and the smaller ones do.Maybe a historical thing with these attitudes !

Of course I went up North  today so out of Auckland taxes the prices under $2.

3 hours ago, tasman man said:

The  tiny Caltex I go to on Long Drive , St Heliers gives 2c/ltre for Seniors ,so I assumed every Caltex did....this on top of usual 6 cents discount .....10c on Wednesday plus the odd other day .

I bought petrol today as heading up North.

RRP was $2.069 for 91 petrol......so got 6c for Airpoints card and 2 c cos I look old.

Drove thru Greenlane Ellerslie , BP price was RRP of $2.229 , advertised on board as $2.169 pumped.

I  only ever go to bigger brands.......but I try and support my 'little' local guy who is Caltex.

His prices always among the best yet I hear locals say he is expensive.....but I notice he never beaten by bigger brands...maybe Gull and the smaller ones do.Maybe a historical thing with these attitudes !

Of course I went up North  today so out of Auckland taxes the prices under $2.

How far North Tassie? The Wellsford opposite the Tavern is cheap as Chips, i drive past that Station on a regular basis 😳... if you want to support your local buy something in the Shop surely ?

17 hours ago, Gruff said:

How far North Tassie? The Wellsford opposite the Tavern is cheap as Chips, i drive past that Station on a regular basis 😳... if you want to support your local buy something in the Shop surely ?

I escaped to Russell !

Obviously Northland exempt from the Auckland - only extra taxes .[I assume]

I notice small towns I passed eg Kaiwaka have prices clearly under the $2 mark for 91.

3 hours ago, tasman man said:

I escaped to Russell !

Obviously Northland exempt from the Auckland - only extra taxes .[I assume]

I notice small towns I passed eg Kaiwaka have prices clearly under the $2 mark for 91.

I hope you stopped at the Cheese joint next to the weird looking masonry joint west  of the Manga turnoff,they have the wolf whistle door ‘chime’ 😆