RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

Aotearoa Rugby 2021

Rugby season kicks off today

Still the middle of summer, so  bit surprising it starting this early, given there are only 5 teams.

However, I'm sure they have their reasons and you never know, in these uncertain times, just how much rugby will get played this season - so I'll be watching.

1 hour ago, Uriah Heap said:

Rugby season kicks off today

Still the middle of summer, so  bit surprising it starting this early, given there are only 5 teams.

However, I'm sure they have their reasons and you never know, in these uncertain times, just how much rugby will get played this season - so I'll be watching.

According to ODT Rugby writer Steve Hepburn, it is a month later this year than last year..

Cheers......

Yes Memphis all the guns did play - but the player who continues on as the absolute unsung hero, for both Crusaders and All Blacks is Sam Whitelock. Follow him in a game and see the amount of work he gets through. Add in his leadership and experience and Whitelock's the complete package for any team he plays for.

Yes he is. Total 80 minute footballer. Professional . Used to follow him during a game when he first started and he was like a loose forward as wel as going tight duties. Very calm leader. Inspirational. 

If the team with the most Beasts who would run thru a brick wall was the criteria for winning the comp it would be the Canes. Laumape Ardie Big Julie Jensen and Aumua and Kirifi. Lacking a bit of discipline though. 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:22 AM, Memphis3 said:

If the team with the most Beasts who would run thru a brick wall was the criteria for winning the comp it would be the Canes. Laumape Ardie Big Julie Jensen and Aumua and Kirifi. Lacking a bit of discipline though. 

"Lacking a bit of discipline" sums up the Hurricanes since Day One of Super Rugby in 1996.

Early days I know, but I have to say I've found it all a bit "Ho Hum" so far.

It's started too early, crowds are down a couple of teams seem very weak and it already seems clear who the two finalists are. 

Fortunately, local pre-season club games are kicking off. They're the way to go these days.