RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

SW+P races

I notice that Race 6 at Matamata on Sat is a SW+P race. I notice also that Concert Hall has 58Kg and its last four starts has seen it win a G3, a G2, a G1 and finish 2nd in another G1. So how does a Benchmark 70 winner, Melarita, carry the same weight of 58Kg? Does this mean that Australian Benchmark 70 races are the equal of NZ Group 1 races?? If not, surely, Concert Hall should be carrying a penalty to increase its weight? Doesn’t seem fair for Melarita. 

Non black type SW+P races are done differently to black type ones. Looks like they start on 54 and get 1kg per win up to 4. It's not a very often used one for older horses, I think WFA would have been simpler and just as (if not more) likely to see the race get an upgrade to listed, which I'd guess is the clubs goal - but that's another topic anyhow.

So yeah it doesn't do Melarita any favours but there's winners and losers under literally any weight scale. The connections had the option to have her in the Rating 74 (carrying only 0.5kg more) over the same distance earlier on the card 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, soliloquy said:

Non black type SW+P races are done differently to black type ones. Looks like they start on 54 and get 1kg per win up to 4. It's not a very often used one for older horses, I think WFA would have been simpler and just as (if not more) likely to see the race get an upgrade to listed, which I'd guess is the clubs goal - but that's another topic anyhow.

So yeah it doesn't do Melarita any favours but there's winners and losers under literally any weight scale. The connections had the option to have her in the Rating 74 (carrying only 0.5kg more) over the same distance earlier on the card 🤷‍♂️

Thank you for this summary. Be interesting to see what the weight diff would be if it was a Hcp. 5kg?