RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Code Of Conduct- Go Gary

I thought my ears were deceiving me on Box Seat when G Woodham said that harness needs to introduce a Code of Conduct which all licensees must abide by. How remarkable that no-one had not thought of this before.

Having a COC is one thing but it must have the muscle and resources to investigate possible breaches and  dish out stiff penalties to any offenders .After all it is those peeps which jeopardize the integrity of the sport

48 minutes ago, Flawed Genius said:

Code of Conduct is simply formalising a process to "Silence your Critics"!

Why am i  not surprised by your response.

A Southerner probably  living in the past  but not  wondering why the game is Donald Ducked. I see elsewhere your useless starters  actions in the last at Winton resulted in another punter leaving the game, there's a surprise. 😉

Yes that start was a shocker - straight out of the P Lamb handbook!

As for a Code of Conduct, they invariably are written to keep any issues in house and prevent anyone from airing industry problems in public - exactly what HRNZ have been trying to do for .... pretty much forever. This will simply give them more power to do so.

The exact opposite is what's required - to bring everything out into the open and make those that need to be held accountable, held accountable.

A Code of Conduct is largely a mechanism written by the hierarchy, for the hierarchy, to insulate the hierarchy .... in other words, to silence the critics.

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

I thought my ears were deceiving me on Box Seat when G Woodham said that harness needs to introduce a Code of Conduct which all licensees must abide by. How remarkable that no-one had not thought of this before.

Having a COC is one thing but it must have the muscle and resources to investigate possible breaches and  dish out stiff penalties to any offenders .After all it is those peeps which jeopardize the integrity of the sport

I thought it was in place....but not formalised as G o C document.

Thought it was stated that License Holders had to follow the rules etc and behave well etc ,then when Integrity became a focus and the RIU setup with considerable funding there were several  more incentives not to risk bad behaviour or flagrantly break rules !

So there was a Code of Conduct ...just not formalised .

Talk of some of those behaving badly of late ,before courts etc , being offered support by Industry leaders  to get back on the horse [ excuse pun ] will have the cynics talking !

Lawyers have a code of conduct and ethics, accountants, car dealers, real estate agents etc have a similar written code to abide by. 

But although the majority stick to the rules there are bad eggs in every game. 

Another poster on here suggests a lifetime ban, I tend to agree. 

If that power is available or possible to use it surely would be a hell of a deterrent for those thinking of offending. 

Worth a shot maybe? 

This is form you have to submit when obtaining licence

APPLICATION FOR TRAINER’S LICENCE AND/OR DRIVER’S LICENCE Title (Mrs, Ms, Miss etc) ------------------------ Name in Full ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type of licence required----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- State if licensed before --------------------------------------------------------------- If so when ----------------------------------------------- Date of birth ------------------------------------------- Name & address of present employer------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Have you ever been disqualified? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have you ever been declared bankrupt? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has your name ever appeared on the Unpaid Forfeit List? --------------------------------------------------------------------- Have you ever appeared before the Law Courts and been convicted of any offence? ------------------------------------ If so, give place, date and details------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Are you suffering from any physical disability, including eye deficiency? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do you have an up to date copy of the NZ Rules of Harness Racing or access to the Rules and Regulations via the internet? ----------------------------------------------------------- Are you currently enrolled in or graduated from a cadet scheme? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ TRAINERS Stable locality for race book details--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Owner & address of training establishment----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Registration numbers & make of sulkies--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Registered name of horses in training at time of application ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please supply your bank account details for direct crediting ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ Bank/Branch Account Number Suffix If you are GST registered, please supply your number ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ DRIVERS Please supply your bank account details for direct crediting ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ Bank/Branch Account Number Suffix Please supply your IRD Number ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ If you are GST registered, please supply your number ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ By signing this form – (1) I hereby declare all particulars are true to the best of my knowledge and belief; and agree to be bound by the Rules of Harness Racing in force in New Zealand and the Driver Safety Policy as per the reverse side of this form. (2) I declare that I have read and understand the Health & Safety Notice dated June 2019 which was sent to me with my licence application forms and which is in the Forms Section on the HRNZ website. Privacy – Your personal information is collected in order to process your application for a licence, for HRNZ’s purposes and functions, and to enforce any of the Rules & Regulations of HRNZ. Names and contact details of licence holders are published in the directory and are available on HRNZ’s website (www.hrnz.co.nz) as well as on “My HRNZ”. HRNZ also shares published information with third party agencies who are involved in the Harness Racing Industry and approved by us to receive such data. Please advise HRNZ (admin@hrnz.co.nz) if you have any concerns about this publication and sharing of information. Your information is held at HRNZ Inc, 17 Birmingham Drive, Christchurch and is available to all Board Members, office holders and employees of HRNZ. You have the right to request access and to request correction of any of your personal details. Driver Licence Holders (1) I hereby give written consent to a sample of my blood, breath, urine, saliva or sweat being obtained from me pursuant to Rule 313(5). (2) Declare that I am using an approved safety helmet and an approved safety vest as per the Safety Gear Regulations. (3) Declare that any approved sponsorship I receive does not include payment directly or indirectly for information relating to the past or future prospects of any horse. SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Residential address ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Postal address ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Phone: Home ------------------------------------------------------- Business ------------------------------------------------------ Mobile ------------------------------------------------------ Fax ------------------------------------------------------- Email ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Emergency Contact ( Full Name) ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DOB -------------------------- Ph Number ------------------------------------------------- Emergency Contact (Address) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Form continues with fees etc.

In the latest version of the CHCH Star is about 4 pages summarising harness woes with interviews with prominent racing identities. Most of it self explanatory summaries but i did note that the current HRNZ board has been given some coaching about directors duties and obligations. How to be impartial was one i picked up on. Probably aimed at Spicer who is now an ex Chair and rightly so IMHO after his open support for NM 

In same paper news that Blair Oranges appeal was upheld by JCA on grounds of severity. This saw his suspension reduced to 6 weeks and alterations to his original fine. 

20 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

In the latest version of the CHCH Star is about 4 pages summarising harness woes with interviews with prominent racing identities. Most of it self explanatory summaries but i did note that the current HRNZ board has been given some coaching about directors duties and obligations. How to be impartial was one i picked up on. Probably aimed at Spicer who is now an ex Chair and rightly so IMHO after his open support for NM 

In same paper news that Blair Oranges appeal was upheld by JCA on grounds of severity. This saw his suspension reduced to 6 weeks and alterations to his original fine. 

First I have heard about Blair's appeal being upheld - still way to long IMHO, but at least the powers that be have realized that they erred 

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

First I have heard about Blair's appeal being upheld - still way to long IMHO, but at least the powers that be have realized that they erred 

His QC brought up similar TB cases re  penalties.

Would not want to reoffend anytime soon though. 

21 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

His QC brought up similar TB cases re  penalties.

Would not want to reoffend anytime soon though. 

Mind you I see Mango only got 1 week for whip offence - didn't he get two weeks for the same offence about a month ago. Thought he would would have got more