RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

NZTR Appointments

43 minutes ago, Trump said:

I doubt that having “experience as a Stipe” is of any serious use being a Board Member. There are far better (more useful) credentials needed at this time. A top class “Leader” is the first need. But I get your point Eljay. 
There’s a lot of underpaid people involved in the racing industry and the only way they can be adequately looked after is increased income and returns. Love can only go so far. The TAB income and distribution is paramount to having a successful Racing Industry. That’s why Australian Racing is growing as an Industry. The deals done by embracing the more innovative Betting Companies is returning big dividends. Plus, State Govts are starting to play ball and realise a thriving racing Industry is an essential part of their respective economies. A bit off subject I know but it’s all part of the equation. 

Very true Trumpy. You have the economy of scale in your favour of course, and multiple States that may have quite different views and perceptions of the Racing Industry than the Government does.We don’t have that luxury unfortunately, and I doubt any recent Government here has fully understood the value of the NZ Industry, or if they have, only paid lip service to it without making any meaningful long term contribution to its continued success. You could argue the recent Winston/Messara combo has at least made a step in the right direction.....whether that improves things in the future we’ll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Very true Trumpy. You have the economy of scale in your favour of course, and multiple States that may have quite different views and perceptions of the Racing Industry than the Government does.We don’t have that luxury unfortunately, and I doubt any recent Government here has fully understood the value of the NZ Industry, or if they have, only paid lip service to it without making any meaningful long term contribution to its continued success. You could argue the recent Winston/Messara combo has at least made a step in the right direction.....whether that improves things in the future we’ll have to wait and see.

Being a small country that NZ is, I think a mixture of comparison could be made using Victoria (small landscape but large population) and Qld (large landscape with similar population to NZ - mainly concentrated in the SE corner). Comparing NZ with any other jurisdiction is pointless. 
So it’s important for NZTR to look very closely at Qld and Vic. Also, IMHO, there has to be a complete analysis of the betting Industry in NZ. It’s the only source of funds. I’m not aware of the govt takeouts but if there is any, perhaps that needs to be looked at?

Can’t see any govt bunging you $75m then agreeing to lower the takeout. Tho governments can come up with some doozies. 

What we need is some local opposition to the TAB . All those ads telling me I should be betting local isn’t cutting it with me. They need to make it attractive. Charging you to put money in your account would be a start. And a racing radio show even if it was Saturday and Wednesday. Some of the promos don’t seem too bad so all is not lost. 

The final straw is the white baiter telling me I should be betting local. F off. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Being a small country that NZ is, I think a mixture of comparison could be made using Victoria (small landscape but large population) and Qld (large landscape with similar population to NZ - mainly concentrated in the SE corner). Comparing NZ with any other jurisdiction is pointless. 
So it’s important for NZTR to look very closely at Qld and Vic. Also, IMHO, there has to be a complete analysis of the betting Industry in NZ. It’s the only source of funds. I’m not aware of the govt takeouts but if there is any, perhaps that needs to be looked at?

Dave Ellis is feeling positive anyway......😉

Te Akau is in the last throes of syndicating 45 yearlings and Ellis is buoyed by the appetite for horses and positivity around racing, while also recognising recent success such as a fifth-successive win in the Karaka Million and Probabeel's dominant G1 Futurity Stakes (1400m) victory are driving new interest.

"It is going absolutely enormous and we never dreamed that we would almost have sold everything this quickly," he said. 

"It is quite incredible the volume of new owners coming on board and the interest. We have only got a few shares left in three or four horses, which is just amazing.

"I think that people realise that there are going to be some stake increases in the next 12 months, with the TAB reducing costs by $25 million per year, the elimination in duty gives the industry another $12 million a year and another $15-$20 million (derived) from racefields legislation.

"It is all heading in the right direction."

59 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Dave Ellis is feeling positive anyway......😉

Te Akau is in the last throes of syndicating 45 yearlings and Ellis is buoyed by the appetite for horses and positivity around racing, while also recognising recent success such as a fifth-successive win in the Karaka Million and Probabeel's dominant G1 Futurity Stakes (1400m) victory are driving new interest.

"It is going absolutely enormous and we never dreamed that we would almost have sold everything this quickly," he said. 

"It is quite incredible the volume of new owners coming on board and the interest. We have only got a few shares left in three or four horses, which is just amazing.

"I think that people realise that there are going to be some stake increases in the next 12 months, with the TAB reducing costs by $25 million per year, the elimination in duty gives the industry another $12 million a year and another $15-$20 million (derived) from racefields legislation.

"It is all heading in the right direction."

DE is the consummate salesman. He syndicates. So what would you expect him to say? He’s never going to say don’t invest but to give him credit, he has in the past offered constructive criticism/comments when asked. When you’re planning to sell your house, a Real Estate salesman will tell you,  “It’s a great time to SELL!”. When you’re in the market to buy a house, the same Salesman will tell you, “It’s a great time to BUY!”. Which statement is correct? 
DE is doing his job (which he’s good at) and it’s the top performers in the Stable (eg, Probabeel, Melody Belle, etc), that keep the dream alive. He’s not on his Pat Malone there. 

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

DE is the consummate salesman. He syndicates. So what would you expect him to say? He’s never going to say don’t invest but to give him credit, he has in the past offered constructive criticism/comments when asked. When you’re planning to sell your house, a Real Estate salesman will tell you,  “It’s a great time to SELL!”. When you’re in the market to buy a house, the same Salesman will tell you, “It’s a great time to BUY!”. Which statement is correct? 
DE is doing his job (which he’s good at) and it’s the top performers in the Stable (eg, Probabeel, Melody Belle, etc), that keep the dream alive. He’s not on his Pat Malone there. 

The important part was the last two paras....but syndicating 45 horses so quickly shows people want to be involved. The record certainly helps.