RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Everton

Why bother Whale

32 minutes ago, Palliser said:

Thought I would see if anything has changed .. Value Bet Moody River favourite at 3.7, other 2 Sioux Princess at 1.8 and American Sniper at 2.1. Good luck to those that have backed. But really the average punter wouldn't even bother .. there is absolutely no interest in something we can all see.

Moody River no good for starters. Horrible fields with a  horrible day to boot.

Just checked his hot tips tonight, Zealous Spur $1.90 ... Smiffies Terror $1.90 and Kowhai Sundown $5 ( That's a real roughie ) for him lols. When Matt Cross said he couldn't be betting on Zealous Spur at that money, Thompson then started trying justify a that $20 pick not winning is no good to anyone. Craig neither is $1.90 shot not winning. Plus you don't get it !! .. your average Trackside punter is not interested in odds on hotties tips especially when they consistently run down the track.

I have to disagree with the negative feed on the Whale. As many will know over the years I have been highly critical of all those that offer their assistance on Trackside. Most of the experts consistently fail to even get their money back on the $100 Strategy every Saturday.

Day after day the recommended Quaddie's go belly up with outlays consistently in the $60- $100 range., and thats at least twice a day each meeting...... over a month/year this is serious coin.

Tipsters should be certified like those in the regulated stockmarket and be able to prove that they are capable of returning a profit after all the money the tipsters suggest is comparable to those investing in " Sharsies" and the like .

The other rather cynical point is that the TAB hardly has any interest in you making money as that is totally opposed to their own objectives.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:19 PM, Palliser said:

Every week the same, 3 tips tonight .. credit that he threw a $5 shot out, down the track however. $2.4 shot down the track, but managed to get the third one up at a massive $1.7 price. Why do Trackside promote this guy as an ace tipster ???? 

Ace tipster for TAB = getting people to back losing horses at short quotes. No thanks!

On 8/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, MisterEd said:

Ace tipster for TAB = getting people to back losing horses at short quotes. No thanks!

I think you are dead right, false advertising promoting as an ace tipster. Surely he can do better than that, he is worse than the average punter. 

And it just goes on .. Trackside when or if things get back to semi normal, find a tipster that will INTEREST the standard punter. Whale can't even get hotties over the line, Fly like a Falcon at 1.9 done. It's a regular occurence  " Don't you miss the late mail " ... haha.

I see he's still picking hotties that run down the track .. 4 tonight, Major Perry 2.3 for win, beaten. Phoebe Imperial 3.3 nowhere. Has Optical Illusion at 4.2 .. huge money for Whale and Marathon Man in last at 1.4 to win .. get rich on that lols

13 hours ago, Palliser said:

I see he's still picking hotties that run down the track .. 4 tonight, Major Perry 2.3 for win, beaten. Phoebe Imperial 3.3 nowhere. Has Optical Illusion at 4.2 .. huge money for Whale and Marathon Man in last at 1.4 to win .. get rich on that lols

I wonder if TAB still has him on restricted list?

I wonder if anyone including the "whale" would be brave enough to pick an all up on race 1 and race2 at Addington tonight. A better fun bet may be estimating breakers in the 2 trots. my guess around 12. most serious punters will start at race 3 (5:26 pm)

2 hours ago, john legend said:

I wonder if anyone including the "whale" would be brave enough to pick an all up on race 1 and race2 at Addington tonight. A better fun bet may be estimating breakers in the 2 trots. my guess around 12. most serious punters will start at race 3 (5:26 pm)

Pays to just back the trainers and drivers/jockeys , especially when stakes a little higher.

If that fails ,then look at the North Island horses that have gone South......recent results at Addington would suggest the Northern horses superior !🙂

my error only 11 breakers in first 2 races.   very hard to bet on these races... does not happen in USA  2 warnings for breaking then an extended "spell"' and race 8 if Nat had not looked around in the straight may have held 1st as only slight adjustment made.. to cost husband the win, 🚔

It's unbelievable really, other trackside presenters waffle on you must follow the Whales tips ... hello ..only if you want to go broke. Yes this is a mugs game, that's why we have to work. But please don't advertise falsely, last few weeks been watching his best bets, value, each way again and quite frankly they are atrocious. I can't for the life of me fathom why he is painted as an expert analyst, he must win sometimes but I have yet to see him string anything together for months and months now.

15 hours ago, Palliser said:

It's unbelievable really, other trackside presenters waffle on you must follow the Whales tips ... hello ..only if you want to go broke. Yes this is a mugs game, that's why we have to work. But please don't advertise falsely, last few weeks been watching his best bets, value, each way again and quite frankly they are atrocious. I can't for the life of me fathom why he is painted as an expert analyst, he must win sometimes but I have yet to see him string anything together for months and months now.

He is still getting mileage from his lucky day 14 years ago "Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then"

For the last dozen years his record is terrible all favourites and the odd $20 blind squirrel result but you had to back 30 losers to get the $20 result. Why would you pay to get tips when all the race replays and trials and workouts are available for free. Whale should rebrand to "Blind Squirrel Tips"

whale_blind.jpg

You guys continue to poke the borax at him, no different from years back - it amazes me how you actually know what he picks if you think he that bad.    But you continue to religiously follow him.     Last night only 3 of the 10 winners paid over $5.    So why would you expect him to pick $10 plus horses when they dont win?     

2 hours ago, eljay said:

You guys continue to poke the borax at him, no different from years back - it amazes me how you actually know what he picks if you think he that bad.    But you continue to religiously follow him.     Last night only 3 of the 10 winners paid over $5.    So why would you expect him to pick $10 plus horses when they dont win?     

He puts his best bet, value, each way up for trackside viewers to lose money. He can't even get the shorties up. I am saying they shouldn't promote his form analyst skills because he doesn't seem to have any. And you are using one meeting as an example ?

4 hours ago, kilcoyne said:

And you've only just figured this out?????

Gee this is hard work getting through sometimes, it's not about figuring anything out. I am asking Trackside to get someone new on that can provide the viewers with some real insight and knowledge. At the moment it's just garbage.

23 hours ago, Palliser said:

He puts his best bet, value, each way up for trackside viewers to lose money. He can't even get the shorties up. I am saying they shouldn't promote his form analyst skills because he doesn't seem to have any. And you are using one meeting as an example ?

He's a great man for them - they want the money not to give it to the punter.      TAB (as I've said before) is just one big informercial 

Those who think they can make money from his (or any other tipsters) picks must be very gullible

15 hours ago, Palliser said:

Gee this is hard work getting through sometimes, it's not about figuring anything out. I am asking Trackside to get someone new on that can provide the viewers with some real insight and knowledge. At the moment it's just garbage.

So is Macca's or KFC - do you eat that every night?

Bloody Poppewell feeding punters false information today, telling people to follow the Whales tips because he has been on fire all last week, as he has been all last year and this, well I know the 2nd part of that statement is BS, and misleading from a Trackside employee