RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

Manawatu harness racing

Congrats to Manawatu HRC  and to HRNZ for ensuring harness racing stays alive for the lovers of harness racing from say Cambridge to cook strait  ... It has been a battle which many trolls said was a waste of time .. and we should just accept it. lets hope it does continue and even Hawera and New Plymouth also get some reprieve.. even if they have to tag on to a galloping meeting (to save a few $100  !!!!!!!!!!!) Sometimes ,just sometimes logics and commonsense can prevail.Well done loved the racing and the prospects ahead.Thankyou from an owner /punter/old bastard.

40 minutes ago, john legend said:

Congrats to Manawatu HRC  and to HRNZ for ensuring harness racing stays alive for the lovers of harness racing from say Cambridge to cook strait  ... It has been a battle which many trolls said was a waste of time .. and we should just accept it. lets hope it does continue and even Hawera and New Plymouth also get some reprieve.. even if they have to tag on to a galloping meeting (to save a few $100  !!!!!!!!!!!) Sometimes ,just sometimes logics and commonsense can prevail.Well done loved the racing and the prospects ahead.Thankyou from an owner /punter/old bastard.

I have posted the odd comment on the other site wondering why they can't run races in conjunction with gallops,look at today,Hasting 8races, why not 3 or 4 harness races,there still seems to be enough numbers still,even without Houses support,(if he turned up as well even better).that Manawatu get,no reason at all I reckon.

Not sure if congrats are in order for hrnz,we still not sure who wanted rid and who actually got rid of some of those clubs,a bit murky on that one.

As for the lovers of harness racing it's probably not the public that is so important here,it's the owners/trainers that are the ones that need racing,if you lose it,it's dead in the water.

Its a nice day here so I'm going to enjoy it,have a good day anyway.

agree Mikenz HRNZ was initially happy to go along with the slash and burn policy then with some changes of personnel and I believe, a realisation that they had gone too far in destruction of over 100 years of development which they had been keen to wipe out with a minute of crazy thinking..(and no doubt many court cases which would have had merit)they collectively allowed some(albeit small) harness racing to remain.I thank them for thinking of their "shareholders" and not bowing down to the Tab/RITA boards.If the plaudits are to be apportioned the Club =99% HRNZ =1% (even a new Minister of Racing may have helped}

And all the crap about cutting down travel,judging by the fields they had at Richmond,Blenheim,Palmy North and the number of Canterbury horses racing in Southland seems lots don't mind the odd trip away,maybe Palmy North might have had a few too many meetings perhaps but kept at a sustainable number they probably can still operate.

One thing that do need to look at is that when Easter comes along it is the end of the CD season generally. However , this year Easter was relatively early unlike a couple of years ago when it incorporated Anzac Day , the date which never moves. So why should we not see a few more weeks racing at Manawatu.  I don't actually  see why the CD don't  race up towards Jewels weekend especially when Northern connections are travelling down south. You could actually get a semi Open grade race or two carded. Remember that good horse from the district a few years back running Cup week and the like . He was eventually exported to the States. 

1 hour ago, 2Piper said:

One thing that do need to look at is that when Easter comes along it is the end of the CD season generally. However , this year Easter was relatively early unlike a couple of years ago when it incorporated Anzac Day , the date which never moves. So why should we not see a few more weeks racing at Manawatu.  I don't actually  see why the CD don't  race up towards Jewels weekend especially when Northern connections are travelling down south. You could actually get a semi Open grade race or two carded. Remember that good horse from the district a few years back running Cup week and the like . He was eventually exported to the States. 

Te Kawau   ???

Yulestar ???

Blossom Lady ???

5 minutes ago, 2Piper said:

Te Kawau was the one I was thinking of. 

Yukestar was a favourite of mine too. Won the Addington Inters  running 3.06 for the 2600m i recall

Imagine having a mile heat at Ashburton for a future Interdom with a couple of American horses invited ? We would really see how good our breed has come along at home. Or even spread an all mile interdom around the country. Cambridge or Auckland , Manawatu, Ashburton  and Winton or Wyndham . Nelson could get heat or two too. (So could've Forbury )