RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TurnyTom

Probabeel

is way better than advantage and melody belle have said this for ages now. bohemoth had the charm run probabeel was 3 wide for the whole entire race almost and about 5 wide on the turn ran past bohemoth like it was standing still unreal run

47 minutes ago, Trump said:

No chance of winning HOTY 20/21. A rating 78 or Something will win an Otaki Group 1 and knock her off :) 

What are the requirements? Probabeel has raced twice in NZ in the last two years.

10 hours ago, winx21 said:

does anyone think that melody belle or avantage are as good as probabeel?

If all 3 went around in a race whether 1200m ,1400m or 1600m I think probabeel would distance them.

one of the best mares we have seen for a very long time

I would not mind owning any one of the 3...why is it everyone has to knock good horses...yes she is a super mare but the others are pretty damn good too..Super training effort by Jamie to have them ALL performing at such high levels for so long...we all should be grateful they are not rushed off o the breeding barn like so many others are. JMO.

It irritates me, too, when people try to 'compare'  horses, which inevitably means one or other has to be considered a lesser performer.

All mentioned are wonderful horses, it is a privilege to watch them perform and equally, to see the very able handling of their fine young trainer.

Agreed Pam, she has quite a  different presence from the other two mentioned but the stable has at least half a dozen very handy fillies and mares at the moment that could go to the top. Imagine being in that position.

1 hour ago, Pam Robson said:

It irritates me, too, when people try to 'compare'  horses, which inevitably means one or other has to be considered a lesser performer.

All mentioned are wonderful horses, it is a privilege to watch them perform and equally, to see the very able handling of their fine young trainer.

To be fair, we race them to compare who is fastest/best, correct? Otherwise just put the beautiful creatures in a paddock and admire them. I agree they are all amazing. Some of MBelle's wins have to be seen to be believed, and when I witnessed Avantage at Trentham....my oh my.

But I do think Probabeel looks amazing this autumn. Incredibly deft handling by Richards. Fair play to him. She could go through autumn unbeaten. 

7 minutes ago, Breeder said:

"To be fair, we race them to compare who is fastest/best, correct?"

That is true for what a race is all about, but I think Pam is referring to comparing, say Melody Belle with Sunline

Oh I get it now. But surely if you win two Cox plates, a Doncaster or two, go overseas and have success at the highest level....then you are the best mare we have produced, right? 

I suppose context is everything. Those top class horses we have coming through now, racing here and in Aus. Awesome. 

12 hours ago, mike28 said:

is way better than advantage and melody belle have said this for ages now. bohemoth had the charm run probabeel was 3 wide for the whole entire race almost and about 5 wide on the turn ran past bohemoth like it was standing still unreal run

Fully agree - Probabeel our best mare running around NZ/Aus at the moment.

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I would not mind owning any one of the 3...why is it everyone has to knock good horses...yes she is a super mare but the others are pretty damn good too..Super training effort by Jamie to have them ALL performing at such high levels for so long...we all should be grateful they are not rushed off o the breeding barn like so many others are. JMO.

We would all love to one half as good as any of them.  Part of the beauty of this game is people's opinions.  If someone thinks Sunline is better than Melody Belle, that is an opinion not a criticism of Melody Belle and all her lucky connections.  

Definitely not comparing but there is some similarities to the earlier Melody Bell, a more than handy mare in the early/ mid 70s and a time when Ray Verner also had classic winners Vibeke, Kashmir Belle and Tudor Light in his stable. I think he trained the trifecta in the Ellerslie Sires Produce Stakes too, maybe 73???

2 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Oh I get it now. But surely if you win two Cox plates, a Doncaster or two, go overseas and have success at the highest level....then you are the best mare we have produced, right? 

I suppose context is everything. Those top class horses we have coming through now, racing here and in Aus. Awesome. 

Mike, years and years ago I was at Sha Tin for a very low key Boxing Day meeting.

Sunline had a fortnight or so ago beaten Fairy King Prawn, the very good local champion, in a classic Hong Kong Mile.

I was watching a field in the parade ring when I got introduced as a New Zealander to a local gent.

He waved his hand dismissively at the field and said 'Ah, Sunline, she sh*t on these!'...

Here's hoping one, at least, of the two Kiwis than won, so impressively, yesterday can be even half as good as she was!