RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cooper

Aalaalune not happy

Couldn’t help but feeling sad watching Aalaalune going  around again today at Ellerslie . Sure isn’t the same horse since it left Jacob McKays.  I wish they would give it back to him to train where he gave it the TLC it obviously loved.  Some horses just don’t like being in big training establishments. 

44 minutes ago, Cooper said:

Couldn’t help but feeling sad watching Aalaalune going  around again today at Ellerslie . Sure isn’t the same horse since it left Jacob McKays.  I wish they would give it back to him to train where he gave it the TLC it obviously loved.  Some horses just don’t like being in big training establishments. 

1 minute ago, swampfox said:

rogey said it was going to be extra good

wouldnt  be  many  mares that have to lump   58kgs just about every start since the placing  outside of black type   she should stick to left handed seems to be better suited that way her day will  come     jacob would still have the same prob with her carring the big wieghts its just the beast  we have to  put up with 

but mark my words run  two  starts back was near her best and she be back in winner circle   left handed very soon

Aalaalune's  run was certainly a head scratcher yesterday? 🤔 Opie Bosson was on too and he can normally get a rocking horse up to place.
I agree with your opinion the owners should never have taken the horse off Jacob McKay. The horse seemed happy and was producing the results in that stable. That decision was a head scratcher in it's self. Not to mention the owners decision to take on the older horses on at GR.1 as 3yo in the early spring 🙄 Oh well...damage is probably done now. As I've said before owners should let trainer's train without interference. 🥴

2 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

The vendors would have been happy Rogie was bidding 

Whilst the money is vital, more important in my mind when selling is; Who has bought it and where will it race and who will train it?
As a breeder you have to take the good with the bad but hope for the best. 
The price in the sale ring is only part of the equation. 

i not sure even jacob  would change  her  look  shes better left handed and the fact   that she carries 58   in 65 races shows she will struggle  

how many  rating 65 mares race 58kgs   are there  

Despite her placing in the big one, with one win and six minors from 25 starts she's really no different from a thousand other horses of similar ability who bob up occasionally just enough to keep their owners interested.

On 2/20/2021 at 8:24 PM, mr_gee said:

wouldnt  be  many  mares that have to lump   58kgs just about every start since the placing  outside of black type   she should stick to left handed seems to be better suited that way her day will  come     jacob would still have the same prob with her carring the big wieghts its just the beast  we have to  put up with 

but mark my words run  two  starts back was near her best and she be back in winner circle   left handed very soon

In reality NZ racing is really set-up for fillies with the weigh allowance they get.
If placed right they can avoid it. I thought it was going to be her year as a 3yo until her heart was broken in the Tarzino. She is now battling round in Rating 65 company when I thought she could have been a group winning mare by now.
I remember her well as a 2yo especially when running home the last 600m as fast as Probabeel in a Karaka Million.
No comparison between these two mares now.

5 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

In reality NZ racing is really set-up for fillies with the weigh allowance they get.
If placed right they can avoid it. I thought it was going to be her year as a 3yo until her heart was broken in the Tarzino. She is now battling round in Rating 65 company when I thought she could have been a group winning mare by now.
I remember her well as a 2yo especially when running home the last 600m as fast as Probabeel in a Karaka Million.
No comparison between these two mares now.

not sure  you can place her right  in  65  grade  ,  she will allways get big  weight  because that placing  and personally may still carry   wieght in higher grades bar  black type '

no  amount of placement will change  that hence y so many go to aussie  so they better placed 

10 hours ago, gubellini said:

Baz and mr gee I totally agree with you that Aalaalune should have stayed with Jacob McKay. Baz the decision to take her away from Jacob is not really a head scratcher. Google Lou Gates Tauranga and yo

never said  she   should stayed  ,  i don't think even jacob   could of got her past where she is at the moment     looking at her left handed form i say you see a win soon  

Anyone with half a racing brain can see that Aalalune has been poorly placed and over-raced ever since she surprised everyone by placing in a Grp 1 as a 2yo. Rogie had dollar signs coming out of his eyes and the horse got wrecked as a result of impatience to get more black type and 3yo glory....but why so early in the Spring?  Beaten in a maiden sprint at Ruakaka, straight into the Tarzino early Spring with a horse whose racing style screamed for more ground and wetter tracks and just a bit of time to grow into herself. She is a shadow of what she might have been if they'd just waited for the autumn of her 3yo season.

Even now, reckon she'd go alright in Victoria over 2000m+ in the autumn/winter starting with country tracks and maybe a Patrick Payne-type of trainer/ Class is permanent -she's got a motor annd a heart  - but the change of handling and environment is what's required, if it aint too late.

Just my opinion.

9 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Anyone with half a racing brain can see that Aalalune has been poorly placed and over-raced ever since she surprised everyone by placing in a Grp 1 as a 2yo. Rogie had dollar signs coming out of his eyes and the horse got wrecked as a result of impatience to get more black type and 3yo glory....but why so early in the Spring?  Beaten in a maiden sprint at Ruakaka, straight into the Tarzino early Spring with a horse whose racing style screamed for more ground and wetter tracks and just a bit of time to grow into herself. She is a shadow of what she might have been if they'd just waited for the autumn of her 3yo season.

Even now, reckon she'd go alright in Victoria over 2000m+ in the autumn/winter starting with country tracks and maybe a Patrick Payne-type of trainer/ Class is permanent -she's got a motor annd a heart  - but the change of handling and environment is what's required, if it aint too late.

Just my opinion.

like a guy said to me at the  trots the other day she was poorly placed at jacobs too yes he is a young trainer but horse needed time not thrown in to deep end like a lot  do  she was stuffed before she got to rogies that run at rukaka showed  was poorly placed 

16 minutes ago, mr_gee said:

like a guy said to me at the  trots the other day she was poorly placed at jacobs too yes he is a young trainer but horse needed time not thrown in to deep end like a lot  do  she was stuffed before she got to rogies that run at rukaka showed  was poorly placed 

When owners dictate to trainers they sometimes have no choice. I imagine the Ruakaka race was a fresh up run to get her ready for her 3yo campaign against her own age group. I'm guessing the Tarzino was the straw that broke the camel's back? Hence Aalaalune was removed from the Jacob McKay stable? Anyway at the end of the day...it's the owners perogative to do what they want and they did. 

21 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

When owners dictate to trainers they sometimes have no choice. I imagine the Ruakaka race was a fresh up run to get her ready for her 3yo campaign against her own age group. I'm guessing the Tarzino was the straw that broke the camel's back? Hence Aalaalune was removed from the Jacob McKay stable? Anyway at the end of the day...it's the owners perogative to do what they want and they did. 

yup  hence i say jacob wouldnt changed her ability now