RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Form guide

I really don't want to kick someone when they are down, and the TAB is certainly everyone's punch bag, but I have just done a thorough study of lots of races for the betting comp and that form guide is atrocious. Everyone knows the comments are always rubbish, but you expect that actual results etc would be accurate. I note that Aegon has apparently had four starts, all on soft tracks, for four wins.

Is a NZ dead track automatically converted to a soft track for the purposes of Aussie form, just like the TAB converts all Aussie stakes to $NZ and NZ stakes to some mystery currency?

22 minutes ago, soliloquy said:

That will be because there are no dead tracks in Australia. Their scale goes from Good to Soft to Heavy. If you go to Racing Australia and most likely any Aussie form website, it will also list all of Aegon's runs as on soft tracks

I didn't realise that. Probably doesn't help that they list a dead track option but just say the horse hasn't raced on one.