RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

F---, Really?

Hi Barry,

Earlier today we advised that you had received incorrect personal information in error, as part of the TAB Summer Promotion. We wanted to provide you with a further update on this matter.

We can now confirm that your information was disclosed to one other, single TAB customer, in error (when the TAB Summer Promotion email was sent this morning).

The information inadvertently disclosed by us was:

• Your first and last name;
  • Your email address; and
  • Your TAB Account Number.

No further personal information of yours was disclosed and the disclosure was to one person only.

We have advised the customer who received your personal information in error to delete the email and not make use of the information in the email in any way, including by further disclosing it.

Whilst we recognise the seriousness of the error, rest assured that a person cannot access your TAB account with this information only. We confirm that your username, password and PIN have not been disclosed.

The email states "we understand that some customers may wish to update their TAB Account Number in light of this matter". It should say "If you choose to update your account number, your existing account will be deleted and a new one created".

Transaction history records (something I like to monitor) or favorites from the old account will not be accessible in the new account.

4 minutes ago, Insider said:

Yes and they have given me a free bonus bet of $50 credited to my account!

P.S. I am glad to see that the above posters are all at least supporting our TAB and not some overseas parasite 😘

I am supporting many overseas parasites as you describe, from what I recall they are all contributing to NZ Racing now.

I put those whom support one entity who offers on many occasisons terrible returns in the same catergory that leave their Kiwisaver in the default fund, just plain dumb.

You are deluded if you think the world today is still confined to physical boundaries for anything.

Both account holders in this house got this email yesterday:

Hi xxxx

At TAB NZ we want our customers to have the best experience, and ensuring this requires that we make sure all customers are protecting their TAB credentials.

We have reason to believe that customers with an xtra.co.nz email account are currently susceptible to having their TAB account security compromised.

It is for this reason that we ask that you carefully review the below information , which sets out steps you can take to protect your account.

Please remember to change your password regularly and don’t share it with anyone else. Make sure your password isn’t too short and avoid common words, words that are easy to guess, or are associated with you.

Long passwords that are easy to remember are harder to guess than shorter passwords that contain a number. For example, “Ilikefriedchicken” would take many years of attempts for a computer to crack, but “Chicken1” could take just three weeks.

Also, don’t repeat the same password that you use on other sites that contain your email address, financial information, or personal information. If you’re having trouble keeping track, you can manage your passwords on a Password Manager app.

If you use the TAB app, remember to keep your phone safe by locking it and where possible, use two factor authentication. When entering any sensitive information on our website, look to the left of the URL (where you type the web address) and check there is a padlock icon.

And finally, be wary of any unexpected emails that ask you to enter your details or click on a link. Check the website matches the organisation that sent you the email.

By following these steps, you’re more likely to keep your TAB account safe. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your account.

If you have any security concerns regarding the security of your email account, please contact your email provider to ensure you know what steps to take to protect your email security.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our TAB Customer Services team, helpdesk@tab.co.nz

Thanks,
The TAB Team

But it's ok, as they said that "The Email contained private information that should not have been disclosed to you. This information included an incorrect name, an incorrect email address and an incorrect TAB account number"

Yeah right!

On 2/18/2021 at 4:44 PM, Insider said:

Yes and they have given me a free bonus bet of $50 credited to my account!

P.S. I am glad to see that the above posters are all at least supporting our TAB and not some overseas parasite 😘

Careful ! , next time you put Petrol in your car you’ll be supporting some overseas Arab Sheikh! :)