RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dbtab

Cambridge Track

i made a statement a couple of months ago about the new track and was rubbished.I wonder if the people who did that have any comment now as i hear it is a crap service and not many using it ,is this correct.If so we need to stop the next two going in before more money wasted

15 minutes ago, dbtab said:

i made a statement a couple of months ago about the new track and was rubbished.I wonder if the people who did that have any comment now as i hear it is a crap service and not many using it ,is this correct.If so we need to stop the next two going in before more money wasted

Bit late to stop the other two, they are being rushed through regardless of doubts and regardless of cost.

Expert on tracks DBtab are we?

Nothing wrong with the track here at Cambridge, I ride it regularly, have ridden jumpouts on it and it will come into its own once winter comes along.

I don’t use it for every horse every day, I still like our ploughs, and whilst they are in use, I am sure a lot of trainers think the same.   They have been the back bone of our training tracks since I have been training here in Cambridge.

The problem was that the number of horses trained here in Cambridge far exceeded the 200 horses the original set up was catering for.

Limited grasses in the winter period which tends to loiter for 6 or 7 months  of the year made training of 1000 plus horses quite hard, as we were given a quota allocation each month, and it didn’t take long to cut that out if most of your team were up and close to racing.

The Cambridge JC managed the track very well, and it was not easy dealing with trainers requests.

We had numerous rules and regulations that we all had to abide by, dictated to by the weather conditions.

The trials  conducted on the new track have gone well, some outside Cambridge seem a wee bit reluctant to use it, but they will come round I am sure.

A bottomless 10 in the middle of winter at TeAroha, Rotorua, Matamata , will not cut the mustard and those tracks can be saved for their main purpose, race meetings, and our track here will really come into play over this period.

Dont knock the place after 3 months, let’s get through a Waikato winter, then air your thoughts, I for one think it will really come into its element, hopefully I am proven right!

Good comments, Chris, and yes, I have heard similar opinions as to the potential value during winter and spring, given your local climate as well as horse numbers. 

But, as others have also said, rushing ahead with the other two venues, instead of just taking the time to evaluate,  seems premature, does it not?

18 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

Good comments, Chris, and yes, I have heard similar opinions as to the potential value during winter and spring, given your local climate as well as horse numbers. 

But, as others have also said, rushing ahead with the other two venues, instead of just taking the time to evaluate,  seems premature, does it not?

Over here, all weather tracks do get most of their use during winter and as Chris has said, offer an alternative to heavy turf which is especially helpful for young or inexperienced horses.

The other side is they also offer an alternative in summer to either very firm or overwatered turf courses both of which can cause problems.

4 hours ago, stodge said:

Over here, all weather tracks do get most of their use during winter and as Chris has said, offer an alternative to heavy turf which is especially helpful for young or inexperienced horses.

The other side is they also offer an alternative in summer to either very firm or overwatered turf courses both of which can cause problems.

Just a licence to print money on some horses with regular AW meetings , Rapportuer , Tempering,  Suluk , Stand Guard over the years  ,collecting winnings  almost like robbing  from the bookies witjout the need for a sawn off or having Jack Regan on your tail  . If they run meetings consistently  there could be a few better  than bank interest jobs at times . 

@Chris Wood

It's time that the Racing Industry requested that the so called State Of Emergency New Zealand is under was Revoked.

It can be applied for under Laws.

It's not like a Flood, Tsunami - also known prior to 1900's as a Sea or Ocean Wave, An earthquake, fire or Auckland Volcanos erupting where lives may be seriously in danger.

It may be of interest to those in Racing across the world to read Professor Susan Michie Behaviour Psychologists CV which is readily available online & on an official website.

The sooner her & her husband  Robert Wests rubbish & lack of accountability  starts the better bc it's been going on without it since Smokefree legislation & Cessation of Smoking Devices % products entered the world that they are an accessory to the fact of what Covid19 is.

Lockdowns & screw ups all goes back to the Tobacco/ Imitation tobacco industry & those in the thick of it.