RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Te Rapa comp - Results page

Just now, Archer said:

Surely it must be optional whether you donate back any money.  Or it makes a mockery of winning.   🤔

It cost you nothing to enter did it....why should we expect prizes to be put up without contributing in some way...??
Seems reasonable to me.....for winners to give a bit back for future comps.....otherwise there might not be any......

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

Surely it must be optional whether you donate back any money.  Or it makes a mockery of winning.   🤔

Your still getting half of what you win.Helps keep the comps going also.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Does it make a mockery of me putting up a few hundred and you making $1000 lets say and you get to keep it all???Is that a mockery too??? Just saying.

No, sounds very reasonable to expect all the winnings and as said most people won't mind slinging a bit your way.

Its the optional as opposed to mandatory, that's all.

If money (4 prizes) is a concern for you, then just lower the winning amounts .....  :)

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

No, sounds very reasonable to expect all the winnings and as said most people won't mind slinging a bit your way.

Its the optional as opposed to mandatory, that's all.

If money (4 prizes) is a concern for you, then just lower the winning amounts .....  :)

You know what is a concern to me is ungrateful people like yourself...JMO.

15 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You know what is a concern to me is ungrateful people like yourself...JMO.

What .....    Who is ungrateful ? 

I think everything I said, was reasonable, logical and in no way ungrateful ... 🤔

2 hours ago, Archer said:

What .....    Who is ungrateful ? 

I think everything I said, was reasonable, logical and in no way ungrateful ... 🤔

Archer or whoever you are I pay almost $1000 a month to keep this site going...and then I chose to put on and FUND some comps for people to enjoy not take simply for granted as you seem to think you have the right to....Have you ever once thought how much work goes into this site or the running of the comps at NO charge to you...you seem to very self centred and if I chose on MY site to expect a little thanks for putting all this on well then I guess I must be unreasonable unlike your good self.

I don't see why I am getting all this coverage, when all I did was suggest its unfair to demand half the profits of someone winning one of your comps.  Like I said ^^^^ previously, if cost is a problem then simply lower the value of the winnings.  Ain't too hard.

Yes, I know it must be an expense to run the site and I am grateful that you do and I have never expressed any different. :)

I thought this is a racing forum and like any good forum, debate and different views should be allowed. Not that I have argued with ANYONE !

Just now, Archer said:

I don't see why I am getting all this coverage, when all I did was suggest its unfair to demand half the profits of someone winning one of your comps.  Like I said ^^^^ previously, if cost is a problem then simply lower the value of the winnings.  Ain't too hard.

Yes, I know it must be an expense to run the site and I am grateful that you do and I have never expressed any different. :)

I thought this is a racing forum and like any good forum, debate and different views should be allowed. Not that I have argued with ANYONE !

If I chose to run the comps as MANDATORY then I will run them that way...if you dont like it then please dont bother to enter...I am tired of feeling like a doormat to some people...most in here are nice decent reasonable nice people...some however are not and cant see how selfish and self centred they are being. JMHO FWIW

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Do you also think it would be unfair for me to demand a monthly fee for all the features the site has and for the pleasure of entering the comps I mostly provide...Or is that being selfish of me???

Not at all, as you said its your show.   And seeing as I have never won anything, I don't why I am carrying the can for all those self centered  bastards that annoy you so much.  

Ok, I see no further point in responding to you about this, because it is obvious you don't seem to get what I meant. 

I have acknowledged everything you do in regards to this site (twice) and frankly it seems you just read it differently. 🤔

On 2/14/2021 at 8:00 AM, bazza54 said:

I’m happy sharing the prize.After all we are all one big happy family here on racecafe.Good luck to our winners next week. 

bazza, speak for yourself, ha. 'Happy family, indeed'. If I ever win here I'll be going 'Nya nya nya' for weeks! And prancing about with V-signs the way Andrew Mehrtens did at Pretoria some years back. Hell, down-trous may even feature... 😘

I jest...

Archer, I try to be a level-headed sort of individual...

All this achieves, o darn, is that the drool trickles out of both sides of my mouth...🤑

I am like you in that I have never won a brass dime in a Race Café comp - well, in a horserace picking comp, anyway. More moons ago than I care to remember I won a comp on the NRL League...

But should I ever win one of the Scooby/Ponderosa comps I trust I will be filled with sufficient good cheer as to happily donate some - 50%, is it? - of my at-no-cost-to-myself winnings so that a) the fun continues and b) everyone knows where Ponderosa is on most Saturday arvos.

On top of that 50% donation would be a tenner or so to enable Scoobs and Ponderosa to each get  a coffee on me. I'll not go overboard: if they want whiskey in that coffee they'll need to provide their bloody own!

None of the prizes I have seen thus far has been of the life-changing category, right? It's more the 'glory' that is the hook...

And if I win in here, clearly I'll have won with personal bets, too, right?

I'm reminded of a story from quite a few years back. A little old living-on-the-bones-of-her-you-know-what widow who lived alone in a flat at the front of my place asked me to put her usual once-a-year Melbourne Cup trifecta bet for her. And, that year, she boxed 4 horses and actually picked the first four home - although there was no such thing as First Four back then.

Her dividend was a sizeable five figured sum.

I took her, so excited, up to the TAB to collect the next day - by cheque, of course - and then to her bank to deposit same.

And she 'shouted' me a sandwich and a coffee at the local Mr Tran or whatever whilst I gave her some financial advice as to how to safeguard her new-found wealth.

All sweet...

She came down to my place a few days later, crying.

Her son, who I'd always regarded as a very obnoxious soul, had learned of her windfall and had essentially demanded half.

His Mum demurred ... and remained thankful to the end of her days that she'd not asked him to put the bet on for her.

They rarely spoke thereafter ... and several years of her 'doing' cruises followed, heh heh.

But...

Eventually the Grim Reaper called and a will was read...

Very pointedly, the son was left the bare minimum...

The solicitor involved contacted me to tell me I'd been left a tidy, and completely unexpected, nest-egg...

My motto has always been 'Goodwill' .. and, as above, it's amazing how often Goodwill comes back to reward you ... and often completely unexpectedly.

18 minutes ago, Disillusioned said:

and b) everyone knows where Ponderosa is on most Saturday arvos.

Should we be worried what Pondy is up to, if he is not helping us on a Sat arvo ?  😂