RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Te Rapa comp - Results page

3 hours ago, bazza54 said:

Good morning

Bet from last weeks comp Caulfield R2 number 7 $25 win.Oxley road.

If you put it on Final field and it finishes top 4 we can get a bonus bet

If on the tote no worries.

Thanks

No need to worry about the bonus bet when they win easy.Well done Bazza.Hopefully the rest of us can keep up the good work.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, scooby3051 said:

Well done Cabbage $517.50 collected.

Just to let everyone know Cabbage took $250 from his winnings and left the balance in for comps...this gesture was very much appreciated.

I am thinking of making this a compulsory thing thing with comp winners but was wondering what everyones thoughts were on leaving 50% of winning bets in for future comps...happy to hear everyones views on this.

40 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Just to let everyone know Cabbage took $250 from his winnings and left the balance in for comps...this gesture was very much appreciated.

I am thinking of making this a compulsory thing thing with comp winners but was wondering what everyones thoughts were on leaving 50% of winning bets in for future comps...happy to hear everyones views on this.

Yes,good idea. After all, the winners did not have the money to start with when entering the competition.

Cheers.....

On 2/26/2021 at 10:21 AM, scooby3051 said:

Definitely. Some thought also needs to be given to an entry fee for the bigger Carnival Comps in NZ and Oz.

Food for thought. I’m in a comp, privately run. It costs $50 to enter. You can enter under aTeam name or on your own. Cost stays at $50 but a team of 5 would only cost $10 each. With me so far? Ok. Every week, the Manager of Business lists all the Black type races in Australia. You get “ONE” pick in each race and entries close 5 min before the first listed race. If my horse wins, I get the dividend for W and Place. If I get 2nd or 3rd, I get that dividend. At the end of the day, all teams are tallied up. It’s all repeated the following week. There are 40 something black type races in March. At the end of the month, the team in first place wins 60% of the pool. 2nd and 3rd get their %’s. Last sat, the winners got $1400. My daughter is in a team with me. I went crook at her for choosing “THINKING IT OVER”, but it won and paid $42 !! That lifted us into 4th place, just $3.50 from 3rd spot for Feb ! :(
It’s a great concept and a lot of fun over the months of Black type racing in Aust. 
most Cafers would most likely love a punt and this is $50 that lasts a month and you can make up a lot of ground with some good priced horses. 

13 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Definitely. Some thought also needs to be given to an entry fee for the bigger Carnival Comps in NZ and Oz.

I have been thinking about things as some of the recent winners..not all but SOME dont even bother to say a simple thank you just demand me to send them their winnings.....Ponderrosa gives up his time freely on his weekend I spend a lot of time trying to arrange these things but some just take things for granted. 

12 hours ago, Trump said:

Food for thought. I’m in a comp, privately run. It costs $50 to enter. You can enter under aTeam name or on your own. Cost stays at $50 but a team of 5 would only cost $10 each. With me so far? Ok. Every week, the Manager of Business lists all the Black type races in Australia. You get “ONE” pick in each race and entries close 5 min before the first listed race. If my horse wins, I get the dividend for W and Place. If I get 2nd or 3rd, I get that dividend. At the end of the day, all teams are tallied up. It’s all repeated the following week. There are 40 something black type races in March. At the end of the month, the team in first place wins 60% of the pool. 2nd and 3rd get their %’s. Last sat, the winners got $1400. My daughter is in a team with me. I went crook at her for choosing “THINKING IT OVER”, but it won and paid $42 !! That lifted us into 4th place, just $3.50 from 3rd spot for Feb ! :(
It’s a great concept and a lot of fun over the months of Black type racing in Aust. 
most Cafers would most likely love a punt and this is $50 that lasts a month and you can make up a lot of ground with some good priced horses. 

Totally agree Trumpy.

Leigh spends an awful lot of time, effort and money to provide this site for the enjoyment of us all....you have to ask, where would we be without it ?
On top of that, the comps are great fun to participate in, but there is a further cost.

You don’t get anything for nothing these days. An entry fee would help bump up the kitty and make the prizes even more attractive....over 50 entrants in the last comp so not hard to see how the pot could grow pretty quickly...

The Pick Seven comp in Oz is very popular ( if bloody impossible to win !! ) so something similar, or a minimum points score could be introduced and prize would jackpot each week if not won....just thinking out loud here......others will no doubt have a different view.....🤔