RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Times Change

I was just thinking, probably NZ's two premium WFA races on today and not a single thread on here discussing the merits of the various runners. Just image if we had a racing forum like this 40 years ago, there would be dozens of contributions discussing the relative the merits of La Mer, Shivaree, Vice Regal, March legend etc. I guess it shows the rapidly declining interest in racing these days, also indicated by the declining number of posters on here.

Still, I am confident everything will improve dramatically when we get three all weather tracks.

Not sure what's wrong with all weather tracks - without them we'd have no racing at all in the UK this week.

Some pretty good horses have run on them - ENABLE for one.

As for the Sprint and the Herbie Hyde, well, like most conditions races, the top rated horses have the joy of meeting inferior horses largely on level weights.

In the Sprint, AVANTAGE looks the best by some way but has the outside draw which could be an issue but she comes off wins in the Telegraph and the Railway and she's run well enough in races like the Tarzino to suggest the trip won't be a worry. With CALLSIGN MAV drawn beside her that may well help.

MELODY BELLE dominates the Herbie Hyde. She may not be quite as good as she was when chasing home MAGIC WAND in the MacKinnon in 2019. The latter was rated 115 in Europe so is a decent mare and got within four lengths of GHAIYYATH in the Eclipse. I can forgive MELODY BELLE some poor runs on the Heavy turf in Australia but she won the Thorndon and is this race any better than the Livamol when she beat AVANTAGE by three lengths.

I'd argue you could put AVANTAGE in the Herbie Hyde and MELODY BELLE in the Sprint and they'd both probably win the other race.