RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Good Vibes Stories

7 hours ago, eljay said:

Anyone got any?     All sems doom & gloom at the moment.

Addington seem to have increased stakes at their Friday night meetings significantly.   Despite all the doom & gloom it would suggest there revenue is actually on the up.

Would be good if they did a press release, even if it's just on Harness link promoting  or explaining how this increase has been able to have been achieved

12 hours ago, eljay said:

Anyone got any?     All sems doom & gloom at the moment.

How about Alta Orlando picking up 75 grand for 2 nd in the Hunter Cup. The DUNN team in NZ did such an amazing job bringing him back from what seemed career ending injuries over the years..

Well done to John and Robert Dunn (part owners), and with the way Sundee's Son has been going past few months , all Bright and Cheery!! . No doom and gloom for those guys.

17 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

How about Alta Orlando picking up 75 grand for 2 nd in the Hunter Cup. The DUNN team in NZ did such an amazing job bringing him back from what seemed career ending injuries over the years..

Well done to John and Robert Dunn (part owners), and with the way Sundee's Son has been going past few months , all Bright and Cheery!! . No doom and gloom for those guys.

They should win the trainers premiership again given how many horses they have bought in last few years and the departure of Purdon inc

Only issue i see is that with all their horses team driving experts will be all over it  on here and elsewhere. Or maybe that's just reserved for those anti AS followers

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

1980 Miracle Mile Winner Locarno NZ - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VJdvNhais

love the bias commentary 😆 

What a great memory !!!  hahahaha yes, Pure Steel only 3rd here to LOCARNO. (brilliant winner after drawing 6) 

Good vibes though as PURE STEEL did win the 1978 Miracle Mile ,and the second placegetter in this race Paleface Adios won in 1976 (one year after the amazing YOUNG QUINN)

Have Faith In Me runnin down Lenny The Shark in The Mile, incidentally the mighty Faith ran 2nd in US over the weekend he's still in there whackin 😀 Mr DG goofin off in the stablin area at Alex Park pickin on a horse in the next stall, a lady was bein nice sayn hello to that neighbouring horse, whilst she was doin so DG ended up happily chewin her expensive lookin handbag, the horse he was pickin on, the mighty Freak.....Delightful Lady havin a workout down the Pukekohe track, she was down to lead out the field in the Auck Cup but was bit to portly to fit between the sulky shafts;  Mr Wolfenden askin me who my colt was by, I had to tell him she was a filly, his reply 'looks pretty butch to me'.....but the ultimate feel good, watch any of the replays of the mighty Laz's feats on the track yussssss!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Hi. I just come on here occasionally and saw this thread. I'm a kiwi, living in Australia during covid-19 time, and follow the Australian harness scene a bit.

To add to some of the comments above.

Alta Orlando has won a tad over $350k since he moved to Australia some 18 months ago. So yes, a great return for the Dunn's as part owners.

On Skyvalley's success, as a sire of the final winner and 4th placed horse, in the Great Southern Star trotters heats and final at Melton at the beginning of the Feb. It was interesting to me that both those horses, Tornado Valley and Pink Galahs, were resuming from spells. Tornado Valley hadn't started  for 4 months and Pink Galahs for 3 months. I would have thought the need to race twice in less than 3 hours would have favoured the race hardened contenders.

I could write a bit more about people/horses of NZ interest on the Australian scene if anyone is interested. Maybe starting with the incredible run of success that Anthony Butt is having since taking up training in late 2019 for Australia's biggest owner, Emilio Rosati.