RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
STRAIGHT STRIKE

Tainui, Where is the $250,000,000 now ?

That was paid last year to be "C U S T O D I A N S" of the Waikato River.

What works have been done on the river in the last year ?

Where do we go to find out progress so far ?

Who is managing the "Custodianship"

Interest on this money alone so far would be approx $15,000,000 probably more.

That was paid last year to be "C U S T O D I A N S" of the Waikato River.

What works have been done on the river in the last year ?

Where do we go to find out progress so far ?

Who is managing the "Custodianship"

Interest on this money alone so far would be approx $15,000,000 probably more.

Your local rag should have that info....Ooh thats right they make it up!!!

ie. Huntly, Ngaruawahia etc and see who is lining up outside the Hot Bread Shops,Takeaways etc (10am) ,shops ALL owned by hardworking Asians.

You must be tired SS,go past them at 7am on benefit day and it looks like they don't own their own ovens.

You must be tired SS,go past them at 7am on benefit day and it looks like they don't own their own ovens.

which is always quoted when seeking more money from the Govt. EFTPOS Card, same ole same ole " Compensation for OUR PEOPLE" Yeah Right !!!

now the real truth is this..

benefits get paid on wednesday but in most cases they are put into your account on tuesday night anytime after 7.30pm,

there is generally a made rush to the tab,pub, or countdown to get munchies..

as stated before by myself on race cafe, i'd pick up from takanini caravan park or where ever, take them to the bak to get their monies,then on way home to shell takanini and they would spend **** loads on rubbish, 3 times more than what they would pay at the supermarket... and yes it still goes on..

they either get to much, don't really need it,or have no idea how to budget their benefits..as for the $250,000,000.00 the fat cats at the top of the bottle have scooped all that cream long ago,they are just thinking up the next scan they can score off the taxpayer of nz.

I was driving from Tirau to Cambridge on a wet rainy day. As I got to Piarere, near the Tauranga turnoff, the wipers were working quickly.

I noticed that the rain drops on my left were sacred raindrops; they were going to be part of the Waikato River, that is a sacred river according to the plonkers of Tainui. But the raindrops on my right were not sacred. They were going to become part of the Waitoa Stream, a tributary of the Piako River, which does not have sacred status, according to the Tainui people.

This is as silly as witchcraft, and what is more silly is that New Zealanders tolerate and generously fund such idiocy.

Yes, the North Island continental divide runs along highway one at Piarere.

I was driving from Tirau to Cambridge on a wet rainy day. As I got to Piarere, near the Tauranga turnoff, the wipers were working quickly.

I noticed that the rain drops on my left were sacred raindrops]

but the rest and bulk of the Tainui People are struggling and are on the bones of their arrrrs....the very ones who helped in getting hundreds of millions from the Government.......for what ?? just a very very few !!

SS, I don't know how or if it would work, but the claims money should be distributed to each and every member identifying themselves with a claiming iwi, this way it would take the power away from the elite few.

SS, I don't know how or if it would work, but the claims money should be distributed to each and every member identifying themselves with a claiming iwi, this way it would take the power away from the elite few.

It doesn't work like that. Tainui Trust did exactly that 20 years ago....they went out of 'business' until the next 'settlement' from the taxpayer....and the money doled out largely ended up in the shops, pubs, TABs e.t.c. of Hamilton and districts.

but the rest and bulk of the Tainui People are struggling and are on the bones of their arrrrs....the very ones who helped in getting hundreds of millions from the Government.......for what ?? just a very very few !!

Maybe someone should have given the land back , instead of cash....Prefrably all , that was stolen at the end of a musket....

Maybe someone should have given the land back , instead of cash....Prefrably all , that was stolen at the end of a musket....

The notion that whoever settled a land first therefore 'owns' that land forever is stupid and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

There would barely be a country on earth where the original habitants haven't died out or interbred, or been conquered.

Yet very few countries are going down the compensation track-and certainly no non democratic country would dream of doing so!

So out of interest, how much did Maori pay to acquire NZ? How could your land be stolen when there was never a concept of ownership in the first place?

And how much of a discount on compensation do non-Maori get given most Maori have more 'oppressor, colonial' blood in them than Maori blood?

Be thankful you live in a country like NZ and the opportunities it offers to everyone and get rid of the grievance mentality.

It must be hard to go forward when Maori as a race keep looking through the rear view mirror.

In the kings town of Ngaruawahia and nearby Huntly,all doctors and chemist are heavily subsidised(Dr $15)as they are considered by the gvt to be low economic regions.I would love to pay that fee to Dr,also million dollar deals being organised in the same town as where these people struggle,even to the point where 3 citizens can't remember who killed the baby.So sad that this exists in this beutiful country of ours.

It doesn't work like that. Tainui Trust did exactly that 20 years ago....they went out of 'business' until the next 'settlement' from the taxpayer....and the money doled out largely ended up in the shops, pubs, TABs e.t.c. of Hamilton and districts.

because they originally blew it buying the Warriors League Team for millions and many other "big time and flashy" what they called investments.

I couldnt help but notice at that time at Erricson Stadium the amount of Brand New 4x4 SUV's all with personal number plates with different variations of TAINUI in the Corporate Parking area, we counted 11 just from where we were.

Then when that settlement was blown it was time to dream up some more "claims for OUR PEOPLE"....just like last years effort to be "custodians" of the Waikato River.

My original question WHERE IS THE MONEY,WHO HAS GOT IT,WHAT HAS BEEN DONE WITH IT ?????

not the every day off the street maori..mr joe average maori has not received one cent..if they have and you are a member of race cafe please enlighten us of your ill gained riches..

and for those that have not got a thing ..we ask why not... isn't that what it was meant for..all maori people ..not just a selected few?

i might add, when my grandsons father hit the jackpot and died, his brother ,uncles and others within the iwi, wanted copy of their birth certificate.. something to do with the claims and entitlement for the iwi,these children have received nothing,in writing or cash,my guess,knowing the iwi, they would well and truely be pocketing there share..some family members have been knowen to have done it before...(they are not tainui)their iwi is over in waihi area.. where's the money.......bro's..

I saw that movie, too. Was good eh? Think the same guy who wrote Blue Lagoon wrote it.

The notion that whoever settled a land first therefore 'owns' that land forever is stupid and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

There would barely be a country on earth where the original habitants haven't died out or interbred, or been conquered.

Yet very few countries are going down the compensation track-and certainly no non democratic country would dream of doing so!

So out of interest, how much did Maori pay to acquire NZ? How could your land be stolen when there was never a concept of ownership in the first place?

And how much of a discount on compensation do non-Maori get given most Maori have more 'oppressor, colonial' blood in them than Maori blood?

Be thankful you live in a country like NZ and the opportunities it offers to everyone and get rid of the grievance mentality.

It must be hard to go forward when Maori as a race keep looking through the rear view mirror.

And what about the tracts of land that were unused by any humans and were first opened up by Europeans? Wouldn't it be fair and equatable that any Maori living there today pay koha to the European majority for the privilege?

The cunning crafty sly Maori Elite are using the rest of the mugs like you to get literally millions of dollars to feather their own (and their family) nests,they dont give 2 hoots about the rest of you.

Even a blind man could see that they "Promise the world,but give you an atlas" Jack you are the one being ripped off by YOUR PEOPLE !!

The cunning crafty sly Maori Elite are using the rest of the mugs like you to get literally millions of dollars to feather their own (and their family) nests,they dont give 2 hoots about the rest of you.

Even a blind man could see that they "Promise the world,but give you an atlas" Jack you are the one being ripped off by YOUR PEOPLE !!

None of you posters get the point...It was not the MONEY we wanted ....It was about the LAND that was stolen .... The cash was a payement for the crimes against the Tainui Tribe by previous Governments.(Do your research David)

As for the Politics of the finacials...Its not for Pakeha to Discuss...Tainui Only

funny jack, the activists i've met over the years have always said they would bled the pakeha dry and also take the land...that well maybe so but not in my life time...

the cash was against the crimes... what a load of bull****..the cash was for the f##### greedy bastards that saw away of getting the cash.....

and what about the crimes against the said crown.. they are still going on.. bring back the death sentence the grave sites would be full of maori but of cause it is wrong for me to say bad things about maori,i don't know the the facts... do you, or you,or you... what has been past down from generation to generation, and changed to suit,as stories do.. were all well aware of how a statement can change from one group to another..

but be honest it is about the money..

yes it also is about the land..aren't you glad i'm not in power.. guess what the maori would get.....sweet ****in nothing...

None of you posters get the point...It was not the MONEY we wanted ....It was about the LAND that was stolen .... The cash was a payement for the crimes against the Tainui Tribe by previous Governments.(Do your research David)

As for the Politics of the finacials...Its not for Pakeha to Discuss...Tainui Only

You get both` what do you do with it???

grow weeds on the land and waste the $$$'s :rolleyes:

You get both` what do you do with it???

grow weeds on the land and waste the $$$'s :rolleyes:

No!!! Just Build Shopping Centres like "The Base" .....