RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Thoughts?

12 hours ago, Huey said:

Agree somewhat, but have Pub Holiday Mondays been in decline due to the muggle that is the calendar , there are most certainly public holiday dates that would work in the regions. Surely the public holiday on course costs in particular for the club would be negated by better on course turnover due to it being a public holiday.

I agree.After no local meetings on both Wellington and Auckland anniversary days it appears NZTR dont know what they are doing.Maybe a local should be running it?

5 hours ago, fermoy said:

I agree.After no local meetings on both Wellington and Auckland anniversary days it appears NZTR dont know what they are doing.Maybe a local should be running it?

Couldnt agree more.

19 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

We all know the crowds they can attract to Tauherenikau. I just hope the trainers support them on Monday. They are always a few horses short of a great meeting.

Why not more dual code meetings,they had them last month,helps the harness and with the numbers for the gallops would them as in race numbers as well.
As for those not happy no racing in the north this weekend  few ran at Te Rapa yesty so a break for a while might recharge the batteries so to speak and think themselves lucky they get plenty of racing unlike some in the south who often have gaps in the calandar.

The numbers for  both meetings on saturday despite good stakes are just average,simply a sign of times but it is what it is.

As for anniversary day only two areas run on these days,seem to go ok,they do work if in the right place;

22 hours ago, Huey said:

Agree somewhat, but have Pub Holiday Mondays been in decline due to the muggle that is the calendar , there are most certainly public holiday dates that would work in the regions. Surely the public holiday on course costs in particular for the club would be negated by better on course turnover due to it being a public holiday.

Possibly. We had a Sunday race meeting that fell after a Public Holiday Friday a few years back and it was a disaster turnover-wise. It appears the discretionary/entertainment $ doesn't stretch that well over a long weekend. Remember also that Australia turns over more than NZ on our races now. But again not losing sight engaging locally, or the programming debacle this season.

34 minutes ago, berzerk said:

Possibly. We had a Sunday race meeting that fell after a Public Holiday Friday a few years back and it was a disaster turnover-wise. It appears the discretionary/entertainment $ doesn't stretch that well over a long weekend. Remember also that Australia turns over more than NZ on our races now. But again not losing sight engaging locally, or the programming debacle this season.

Possibly Berzerk, people were travelling on the Friday of a long weekend or, depending on how long ago, they weren't yet able to bet on their phones. That aside and as I've said before, the dates committee either have no idea of local events or geographic, seasonal events or horse numbers that may enhance attendance and fields at a race meeting or they simply don't care. I presume the latter.