RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
a e cuneen

o p bosson

5 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

That is a much better answer than accusing someone of deliberately cheating when you have absolutely no evidence of it.JMO.

So where did I say any possible oversight with gear was deliberate?? Best you don't audition to be part of the law fraternity Scooby.

3 hours ago, TurnipOrange said:

Opie can weight out at 56.8 that is acceptable to ride 56.5 as he is not 57, so then must have come in 57.3 to be 0.8 over, so really he only increased his weight by 0.4

Hell Bobby dont let the facts get in the way of a good story LOL....

3 hours ago, TurnipOrange said:

Opie can weight out at 56.8 that is acceptable to ride 56.5 as he is not 57, so then must have come in 57.3 to be 0.8 over, so really he only increased his weight by 0.4

Great speculation Turnip--so close to making weight then why the $1000 fine. Best you and some of your other cronies on here seek the truth rather than trying to obfuscate. NZTR site records he was allocated 56.5 and carried 56.5kg. I would suggest that carrying 57.3 possibly cost him, and more importantly the punter, the race. 

21 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Great speculation Turnip--so close to making weight then why the $1000 fine. Best you and some of your other cronies on here seek the truth rather than trying to obfuscate. NZTR site records he was allocated 56.5 and carried 56.5kg. I would suggest that carrying 57.3 possibly cost him, and more importantly the punter, the race. 

What a load of bollocks..so now the truth comes out you are talking from the hip pocket...what beat him was getting unbalanced on the corner and the winner getting a saloon passage run up the inside....but hey dont let facts get in the way as I keep saying.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

What a load of bollocks..so now the truth comes out you are talking from the hip pocket...what beat him was getting unbalanced on the corner and the winner getting a saloon passage run up the inside....but hey dont let facts get in the way as I keep saying.

Wrong again Scooby--with the number I own to put on the show there is usually none left for punting! And even when I do I NEVER back a favourite. How about actually finding out the facts about Bosson's misdemeanour and sharing them with the forum.

P.S-don't skip read--I said "possibly" cost him.

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

Wrong again Scooby--with the number I own to put on the show there is usually none left for punting! And even when I do I NEVER back a favourite. How about actually finding out the facts about Bosson's misdemeanour and sharing them with the forum.

P.S-don't skip read--I said "possibly" cost him.

Once again..you are never wrong I should have known LOL.If you have so much interest in racing why is it all you ever do is be negative about things???

Did you not say this???? Did you see first hand any of this done???

Pretty obvious some components of his gear ( vest?, boots?helmet?) not included in the weigh out 

once again we have a situation where these horses opie rides are liable to be disquilified for overweight weigh in we have rules for everyone but opie seems to be flaunting them he would of been so dehidrated that water was taken at the barrier that is why he weighed in over weight for your own health and the punters sanity think about your issues

1 hour ago, a e cuneen said:

once again we have a situation where these horses opie rides are liable to be disquilified for overweight weigh in we have rules for everyone but opie seems to be flaunting them he would of been so dehidrated that water was taken at the barrier that is why he weighed in over weight for your own health and the punters sanity think about your issues

He wouldn't be disqualified weighing in above the horses's carded weight but would be for weighing in light ie under the carded weight. 

So just remind me when the Stipes are going to get serious about the whip rules? Before the matter is taken out of Racing's hands? Another transgression by Bosson today, a" loose change" fine, trivial suspension and worst of all the horse keeps the race after winning by a nose in a Group race. Maybe a "Stipendiary Challenge" would be in order before such close, important results are declared.

( He is no doubt a talented rider, aboard the best horses only [no plodders for OP] but education and meaningful dissuasion from breaking the Rules is long overdue)

Totally agree  Chevy86.  Five day suspension is nothing, he still gets to ride at the big Auckland Cup meeting on Saturday. I’m not saying Opie isn’t a brilliant jockey, because he is,  but let’s treat all jockeys the same. Another battling jockey would’ve been suspended for much longer. Time to treat them all the same.