RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man

Who was that lunatic standing in middle of home straight @ 150m mark at Trentham ?

How did they calculate the 8.8k.

Are they going to pay back the deductions applied to the dividends?

14 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

Trentham have but their ban not nationwide, he must be outed for life from all racecourses, frankly I would go further and say all public events

We owe this clown zip

NZTR banned him for life on all courses. The judge fined him $8000 to be paid 200 pw. He drove off in a white BMW. Said the incident was caused by drunkeness but I suspect another ingestion

11 minutes ago, Nerula said:

NZTR banned him for life on all courses. The judge fined him $8000 to be paid 200 pw. He drove off in a white BMW. Said the incident was caused by drunkeness but I suspect another ingestion

From open source easy to find out info via google etc he don't appear to  be  brought up on bones of his arse in Wellington , middle class big noting wally I'd guess .

17 hours ago, Insider said:

Didn’t I read that he’s been warned off (banned) for life for his stupidity. 
Of course I could have been dreaming, but I don’t think so. 
Liz

Yes he has Liz. Bernard Saundrey said he had been banned from all NZ courses for life. Policing it might be another matter.....🙄

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Yes he has Liz. Bernard Saundrey said he had been banned from all NZ courses for life. Policing it might be another matter.....🙄

Should have been handed down in the Judge's sentencing 

Interestingly when you enter flemington they have photos of the banned folk, about 25, and they police it. Same with AFL and NRL and cricket, you play up and you are sidelined - being drunk and arrested gets you 5 years, love it

18 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Should have been handed down in the Judge's sentencing 

Interestingly when you enter flemington they have photos of the banned folk, about 25, and they police it. Same with AFL and NRL and cricket, you play up and you are sidelined - being drunk and arrested gets you 5 years, love it

You love getting banned, drunk and arrested or their policy Tommy 🤔

On you tube "Scary incident at Southwell Racecourse" is when the reverse happens and horse goes into crowd from few years back . The little lad in the pram was fine , very very lucky . I like Graham Goode commentating , the class system shining through  referring to the cheap enclosure while telling people to stay calm as horse bolts and bucks towards them  . Horse charging the riff raff Graham , oh well don't matter . 

Don't know how to upload it but it's worth a look .

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

On you tube "Scary incident at Southwell Racecourse" is when the reverse happens and horse goes into crowd from few years back . The little lad in the pram was fine , very very lucky . I like Graham Goode commentating , the class system shining through  referring to the cheap enclosure while telling people to stay calm as horse bolts and bucks towards them  . Horse charging the riff raff Graham , oh well don't matter . 

Don't know how to upload it but it's worth a look .

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

That was the fastest that horse ever went , the advice to stand still on this occasion for this horse  was wrong,  rated 30 on flat my pet guinea pig could beat him so most humans would have been fine with a light jog in front of him .Ended up 42 runs , flats, hurdles and point to point for very minimal return . Out of half sister to Manntari who stood here years back . Why he would front up 42 times to races god only knows .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

That was the fastest that horse ever went , the advice to stand still on this occasion for this horse  was wrong,  rated 30 on flat my pet guinea pig could beat him so most humans would have been fine with a light jog in front of him .Ended up 42 runs , flats, hurdles and point to point for very minimal return . Out of half sister to Manntari who stood here years back . Why he would front up 42 times to races god only knows .

A couple years back a John Wheeler jumper went over a jump sideways in Aussie and leapt the fence too into the crowd ! Some leap and caused some injuries from memory !

Then about 2 years back Dr Luk Chin was tipped from the sulky after a race at Alex Park when leaving the track into stables and it took off at high speed thru the stables , cleaned out mainly sulkys resting upright with its swinging cart behind.A driver John Dunn performed a miracle and somehow grabbed a rein and brought it under control before it raced into the carpark where the Horse transporters park.

40 minutes ago, tasman man said:

A couple years back a John Wheeler jumper went over a jump sideways in Aussie and leapt the fence too into the crowd ! Some leap and caused some injuries from memory !

Warnambool from memory?

9 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

Banna Strand or suchlike. ? The jumper in Oz 

By golly , you bang on !

I googled Banna Strand and the photo and video right there.

Well worth a look......7 people injured....the fence was 2 metres !

Amazing thing is it was 10 years ago...I thought maybe 5 !How time flies.

Probably 10-11 years since pogo took us to watch Cronulla ,and we survived the train trip home at night in the dark !

Reckless Behaviour ran out at great little course called Uttoxeter in 2019 . Escaped from course and was found later in town outside the Pub and Dominoes Pizza . 

As ever a NZ connection , Uttoxeter Racecourse  was owned by Stanley Clarke who also owned Lord Gyllene a fantastic Kiwi bred horse who won the Monday Grand National in 1997 after Saturday bomb scare  caused evacuation.  .

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Reckless Behaviour ran out at great little course called Uttoxeter in 2019 . Escaped from course and was found later in town outside the Pub and Dominoes Pizza . 

As ever a NZ connection , Uttoxeter Racecourse  was owned by Stanley Clarke who also owned Lord Gyllene a fantastic Kiwi bred horse who won the Monday Grand National in 1997 after Saturday bomb scare  caused evacuation.  .

Livvy Lass $6 at Pakenham R5 Thursday night.....small field, wet track, Jye McNeil on....must be payday.....😉

5 hours ago, tasman man said:

By golly , you bang on !

I googled Banna Strand and the photo and video right there.

Well worth a look......7 people injured....the fence was 2 metres !

Amazing thing is it was 10 years ago...I thought maybe 5 !How time flies.

Probably 10-11 years since pogo took us to watch Cronulla ,and we survived the train trip home at night in the dark !

Good memory eh. A mate of a mate had a share in it. 

Yes that was a great day out with old mate Pogo. Sharks supporter thru and thru. Think they played the Eels. 

Dinner in the Chinese restaurant was great. I remember meeting  a new middle eastern mate on the way home. Nice bloke just wanted to have a talk. I think we were explaining the Bledisloe Cup to the poor bloke. 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:16 PM, Ohokaman said:

Livvy Lass $6 at Pakenham R5 Thursday night.....small field, wet track, Jye McNeil on....must be payday.....😉

Hope you got plenty RR...bit fortunate with the promotion, I saw her head get hit with the whip but didn’t think anymore of it.

Nice surprise this morning.....👍

On 2/1/2021 at 8:40 PM, shaneMcAlister said:

Banning him for life from all racecourses, does it work?  Surely the gate staff (if any) in 2 years time would not recognise him?!?!

How many Gate Staff work for 2 years at the same City or major Racecourse these days?

Gone are the days of the average person in any job lasting that long, let alone knowing a persons name and saying Hello XYZ like they used to.

It's overdue we all went back to the days of getting to know and greet Patrons/ Customers and others by their name.

The loss of people knowing who is who who and acknowledging them by their name is a failure in today's day and age in general terms in New Zealand.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:28 AM, fermoy said:

I think the security was at fault.That Red Badge rabble were all too busy watching the race instead of the public.They were stationed 20 or so meters apart but not one of them even flinched until the incident was over.If that wasnt bad enough after getting that huge wake up call 2 races later just before the last race 2 streakers jumped the fence in almost the same spot and ran across the track and disappeared into the distance and across the track again to escape over the back fence.Red Badge security shouldnt be paid for the day after these 2 security breaches and maybe they should be asked if they could ensure their workers present themselves in a better condition of fitness in future if they want to keep their jobs.

@fermoy and others Re Red Badge Security, Have the Wellington Racing Club followed up on these incidents with the Security Guards Licensing Department in the Courts systems?
If not, why not?
If so, what has been the outcome?
They have legal obligations to ensure their agents are 'Fit & Proper Persons" under the related Act