RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man

Who was that lunatic standing in middle of home straight @ 150m mark at Trentham ?

I was at trentham today and could not believe what I saw!! In my 50yrs of race going I have never seen this before.  I can tell you when he was tackled to the ground by police and led away the crowds cheered including me with gusto. He needs to be banned for life for putting jockeys, horses, oh and maybe his life at risk although he clearly didn't care about any of it. Security and police were in place after the event too late by then. 

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

I was at trentham today and could not believe what I saw!! In my 50yrs of race going I have never seen this before.  I can tell you when he was tackled to the ground by police and led away the crowds cheered including me with gusto. He needs to be banned for life for putting jockeys, horses, oh and maybe his life at risk although he clearly didn't care about any of it. Security and police were in place after the event too late by then. 

Interesting that the Stipes report confirms that a CAUCASIAN male was arrested by the Police. Police 10-Seven has stopped describing criminals as Maori/Polynesian  so NZTR needs to get with the woke times and stop stigmatising and stereotyping descendants of european settlers who may happen to get lost on the finishing straight at Trentham.

It will be interesting to see what penalty is put on that idiot when he comes up on Thursday.

It reminded me of a drunken far quit who drove his car on the inside of the course proper at Ellerslie some years ago.  It was spooky.  If the leaders had moved half a horse width away from the car on the inside of the running rail the consequences do not bear thinking about.  When that miscreant came up for sentence he was slapped with a wet bus ticket and then the police objected to grog being enjoyed by those picnicking in the centre of the course.  That went on to destroy the ambience of the Ellerslie course centre precinct.  A huge blow to horse racing.  What had been the greatest place in Auckland to enjoy a New Year's Day picnic is now gone.

The Judge's actions on Thursday will be closely observed by all those with an interest in horse racing.

It even got noticed over here in the UK and was briefly top story on the Racing Post this morning.

I saw some video on Facebook and it looked extraordinary. The jockeys all performed wonders to avoid him and I hope none of the horses suffered any injury.

At Kempton one Boxing Day someone dressed as Santa ran across the course at the end of the King George VI Chase and there have been incidents when groundstaff have had to take avoiding action when not realising races were longer than they thought and started repairing the divots but something like this I've never seen.

My first thoughts were mental health issues or alcohol - if the former I hope the proper treatment can be provided, if the latter the book needs to be thrown. 

It's also worth asking about racecourse security and how this individual was able to get on the course so easily from the enclosures.

8 minutes ago, patrick said:

I heard he is a Protester!!!

That's what I heard too.

I was told that it was of the people who picket outside the main gate each time that Trentham has a major meeting.

I can't confirm it thought.

Are they from SAFE?

I know that if you try to reason with them, it's impossible.

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Bared for life and photo up at every course entrance hopefully JJ so he never gets in again .

When he appears in court RR chances of him getting suspended sentence by some woke judge 20/1on

What he should get and what he will get is always completely different

3 hours ago, Insider said:

That's what I heard too.

I was told that it was of the people who picket outside the main gate each time that Trentham has a major meeting.

Are they from SAFE?

If Parksy had known that he might not have pulled that right rein quite so hard......?😉

Yesterday you would have seen the act of stupidity by a patron at Trentham entering the course proper during the running of Race 8.

A 24 year old male has been charged with criminal nuisance and is appearing in court on Thursday.

The Police haven't released his name as yet – as soon as this happens NZTR will immediately warn him off every racecourse in NZ for life. If possible we will also pursue his mates.

Entering the course proper while a race is being run is extraordinarily dangerous and foolish. It endangers both horses and riders. NZTR does not tolerate such behaviour and further lifetime bans will be imposed on anybody who is thoughtless and stupid enough to do so.

We are working with Police and the RIU.

Regards

Bernard

Ngā mihi nui | Kind regards

Having been there and seen it, doubt it's a protestor. The druken dare seems more likely imo.

For one, I'd have thought a protestor would take a sign or wear a t-shirt ie. broadcast their opinion while everyone is watching. I think they usually bugger off anyway once people stop coming anyway and this was near the end of the day.

When the cops got him to the ground, a beer dropped and spilled everywhere and it definitely could've been his though it looked like some bystanders were half-pie taken out as well.

He's a 100% fuckwit either way and of course we'll know more shortly. 

9 hours ago, Insider said:

That's what I heard too.

Are they from SAFE?

Absolutely not. It was a drunk punter who, from reading his body language, seems to have done it after being egged on by his mates. The charity who organised the protest did not step onto racecourse grounds but rather protested on the road out front. On top of that, they would have NEVER, ever put an animals life at risk like that. 

9 hours ago, Insider said:

Soliloquy, you are probably 100% correct. 
However thinking about it, race 8 immediately before the Cup was the perfect race to make a statement or destroy the meeting.
If for example two or three horses had come down, (which was extremely likely) that would have been the end of the day for sure. It would certainly have been a statement for their cause if that’s what the brain dead was about! 
However, looking at his photo, I doubt he would have any idea who Emily Pankhurst was!

Liz

This guy has to be hit hard or we are going to see copy cat cases.

WRC representatives coming out and saying this guy is going to be banned from our course, it is not enough, he is probably a first time racegoer, and would not care. It would be the equivalent of banning me from going to a Basketball game forever.

He needs a little bit of the 12 months possible spent inside a prison to scare others off, and not a little bracelet around his leg. They have to push for this.

Andrew Little wants less murderers and rapists and crims in jail so they they can say what a wonderful job Labour are doing.

This wank stain will get fa, let alone a custodial sentence.

Don't get me wrong , i wish they could have thrown it into the Jockeys Room and locked the door.

Jonathan Riddell thought about giving him one with his whip as he went past.

Lucky he didn't or the headline would most likely be 

"Jockey assaults bystander mid race"

Wonder what his current employer (? Or maybe he is s/e) thinks of his out of work behaviour ,and for that matter any potential employer. That's the beauty of international tv coverage, facebook  and social publicity. No hiding from your actions here buddy.