RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Victorian Whip Rule Trial

Racing Victoria has reignited the whip debate, with the introduction of races where the use of a persuader will be strictly limited — and enforced — to not more than five times for the entire event.

The six-race country series will end in a final to be run at The Valley on All Star Mile Day, March 13.

As reported by News Australia on Wednesday, the jockeys, who choose to participate in the five-strike races, will be subjected to severe sanctions for potential breaches.

Whip rules currently allow for a maximum of five strikes in non-consecutive strides prior to the 100m mark and at the rider’s discretion in the final 100m of a race.

The Victorian Jockeys’ Association has alerted its members about the series, which it described as “high risk” for riders given the proposed penalties.

Racenet

I reckon most  apprentices might not be upset about this rule should it be introduced here. For that matter Tina C would be advantaged also😃

On 1/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, Griffin said:

Bring it on. I watched a race from Santa Anita last week and no jockey hit their horse behind the saddle. It is only a matter of time before it comes in. There are a few great hand and heels riders in Aus at the moment.

Totally agree Griffin. Eventually public opinion will cause the change. It would be great if Aotearoa New Zealand showed the way, and vision, by doing it now, but I can’t see that happening.