RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dockers

Have to laugh. Handball anyone?

While I dont follow handball nor golf for that matter these are just bonus bet offers the TAB offer from time to time,so people,dont worry about it,the only betting option I detest is esports,probably fair to say though that the guys playing on the computer and betting at the same time might beg to differ.

Sports Betting has been a real area of growth for the NZ TAB in recent years ,and probably fair to say that betting of Sports seen as more acceptable to many Kiwis than betting on Horse racing.

During lockdown when most of the main Sporting Leagues/events around the world were not played ,some sports eg esports , badminton,volleyball , table tennis and most likely handball had some 'minor' leagues still operating so attracted attention of punters looking for an opportunity.

I know that the National association for table tennis in recent years has been lucky to get $10 ....yes ten dollars......commission from the TAB , up to October 2020 they received $600,000 !!!!!

This was from commissions from basically three 'local' leagues in Russia ,the Ukraine and the Czech republic.

Some 'clever' Australian ,from a quiet street in South Australia , has been traced as having incredible luck betting on these matches so is being investigated for match-fixing !

It was not reported if he had made any of his successful bets on NZTAB !

23 hours ago, mikenz said:

now i see the tab is giving bonus bets for a golf bet, everyone on here better have a moan about that now.

Your kidding 😆 only form of betting im winning on, over time, the money i make on golf i re invest on Jockeys riding shit races, but i do love the sport😍

The New Zealand Table Tennis Association's share of the gross margin on table tennis betting was $600,000 for a year!

I was in practice as an auditor for a number of years and that sort of statistic puts my bull shit detectors upon high alert.

In short; "un far kin be lievable".

This site is widely read by punters.  Let me know if you know anybody who has ever bet more than $50 with the TAB on a table tennis match.  And the governing body's share of the gross margin, taking into account that most sports betting is to a house percentage advantage of less than 10%, came to $600,000.

Tasman Man, please tell me you made an error in your above post.

31 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

The New Zealand Table Tennis Association's share of the gross margin on table tennis betting was $600,000 for a year!

I was in practice as an auditor for a number of years and that sort of statistic puts my bull shit detectors upon high alert.

This site is widely read by punters.  Let me know if you know anybody who has ever bet more than $50 with the TAB on a table tennis match.  And the governing body's share of the gross margin, taking into account that most sports betting is to a house percentage advantage of less than 10%, came to $600,000.

I think Tasman Man is correct. Some people are betting thousands a day on TT. Might be unbelievable to some but it is true. 

On 1/28/2021 at 10:51 PM, mikenz said:

now i see the tab is giving bonus bets for a golf bet, everyone on here better have a moan about that now.

Yep, listed as a "mulligan" bet in honour of famous honest golfers like Clinton and Trump!

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

When the pandemic struck Table Tennis, esports and Nicaraguan soccer was all that was going,regardless of the spike in interest at the time on TT,where does the money bet on esports end up,

Just to add  NZ Basketball gets a large percentage of its income from the TAB grants,when the NBA shutdown some of these issues came to light.

2 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

TN.....had I known your interest in this I could have talked you through it at Silks last week on Karaka night.

It is indeed true......during the 'serious' lockdown it was one of the few betting options available on NZ TAB...always on the opening page.

Through old contacts I was asked if I would be interviewed ...before the demise of radioSport.....about some of the form/participants.

I made enquiries overseas and learned these were 'local' leagues of little known players.....not international players as such.

The $600k was confirmed at AGM in November !

No BS......I try to only report facts ,often from personal experiences !

2 hours ago, tasman man said:

TN.....had I known your interest in this I could have talked you through it at Silks last week on Karaka night.

It is indeed true......during the 'serious' lockdown it was one of the few betting options available on NZ TAB...always on the opening page.

Through old contacts I was asked if I would be interviewed ...before the demise of radioSport.....about some of the form/participants.

I made enquiries overseas and learned these were 'local' leagues of little known players.....not international players as such.

The $600k was confirmed at AGM in November !

No BS......I try to only report facts ,often from personal experiences !

That would have been a task tipping on TT. I read somewhere none of them are ranked in the top 100 in the world and some are played in secret locations. Surely open for corruption as I doubt they get paid much. I thought the TAB was only allowed to take bets on sanctioned events. Surely Moscow and Ukranian league TT must have a cloud over their legitimacy and hard to see how they would be sanctioned. TT NZ must have more money than they have ever seen. Crazy old world!. 

Tasman Man; thank you for responding in a proper polite manner.  I must lead a sheltered life that I was unaware that ping pong would attract so much in punting dollars.

You mentioned lunch at Silks; we were staying in the City on Saturday night, using Uber, so I did not have to drive.  I over indulged at Poundforpound's place over a lovely lunch then got into the bubbles in the Pakuranga Room.  I had  a tasty place bet on Montre Moi (spelling?) in the last, but by then I was talking braille and so any discussion with me would have been a waste of time.

On 1/28/2021 at 10:41 PM, chelseacol said:

Played at the Olympics and a big sport in parts of Europe. Numbers wise as big as rugby ??? Just guessing on that but it's interesting what's loved in some countries and non existent in others ...

Big sport  in Mexico too in 1986 , the old handball .