RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Nostalgic Race Videos Here !

59 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

Yeh sorry hearing is ok. Referring to the Wellington Stepplechase . Loved the bloke and Alan Bright was good too. Especially calling my horse to win the Manawatu Cup 

ah gotca… sorry, just thought you were referring to the previous race... I shouldn't make assumptions.!!

So what was your horse that won the Manawatu Cup, might have to try and find a replay of it.?

4 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Ponder the neddies name was Greatness.Handy sort especially on a soft surface.

Always tried his guts out.

Remember Greatness well... first thing to pop into my head was Earl Harrison. Looked back on the NZR website and yeah was always there or thereabouts. Wasn't scared to travel him or back him up.  You would have had a few fun trips to OZ.

13 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Remember Greatness well... first thing to pop into my head was Earl Harrison. Looked back on the NZR website and yeah was always there or thereabouts. Wasn't scared to travel him or back him up.  You would have had a few fun trips to OZ.

Yes Earl was the regular rider. The first trip to Oz Greatness was at his best. Set for the Epsom but had two starts beforehand. Earl said back him in the first one , the Hill Stakes, he will win. 

He did by a millimetre. Prob should have had the Epsom as his first start. They had some very handy horses going round in Oz and here at the time. Bounty Hawk Drawn Rising Prince King Delamere Affinity . The first three were in the Hill Stakes. Rising Prince won the Cox Plate and McKinnon that year. Great experience 

Especially being late scratched by the Stewarts at Caulfield later that campaign.