RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Nostalgic Race Videos Here !

You beauty. Well done. Very much appreciated. Drum was one of the greats in my mind and it is super to see his Trainer with the best Two Year Old of THIS year.

And I will give you the tip!

His other two year old, Pussy O'Reilly is as good as his champion. A big call but Don has been saying that it is since last spring.

:flower:
:flower:

Hi Baz

Thanks for posting these great memories - watching this one brought to mind a piece of interesting trivia, to my best recollection the jockey of the horse just beaten by Lester Piggott was a Matamata apprentice who gave his riding away without ever having a win. Someone may be able to confirm that, but on this day it took a worldwide great to beat him home.

Cheers

Hi Baz

Thanks for posting these great memories - watching this one brought to mind a piece of interesting trivia, to my best recollection the jockey of the horse just beaten by Lester Piggott was a Matamata apprentice who gave his riding away without ever having a win. Someone may be able to confirm that, but on this day it took a worldwide great to beat him home.

Cheers

No problem Peter. B)  The horse just beaten by Arbre Chene & Lester Piggott I believe was an old grey favourite of mine growing up in Blue Rula. He was trained in Matamata by the late Gill Autridge :wub:  (Bob's Brother) and usually ridden by his nephew Stephen Autridge.

I vaguely remember seeing uncle remus but in 1980 i recall clearly blue denims cup beating magistrate and reading,i was there for piggots wins and it was around the time gary edge was winning on sequita from early memory who was in foal at the time.wish we could turn back the clock

Great stuff Baz

I still remember the No Response win in the big trot - I backed it too !

I remember Lord Module winning a major race after starting off the back mark breaking and ending up facing the wrong way before he got going. The field had gone 200m by that point - Would love to see that again.

La Mer's Air NZ stakes was epic....

Great stuff Baz

I still remember the No Response win in the big trot - I backed it too !

I remember Lord Module winning a major race after starting off the back mark breaking and ending up facing the wrong way before he got going. The field had gone 200m by that point - Would love to see that again.

La Mer's Air NZ stakes was epic....

The Lord Module race may  have been the Allan Matson Memorial. Amazing performance as i threw away my tickets on him in disgust after the start. Luckily i found then on the floor of the Oriental Tavern in Dunedin so it must have been circa 1978/79

absolutely awesome, thanks for posting that...

a sardine would NEVER have 74 starts, would NEVER win 3 times in 7 days and would NEVER go out at 10/1....

rough habit = a REAL champion.

thank God for horses like the "kiwi warhorse".........

The Lord Module race may  have been the Allan Matson Memorial. Amazing performance as i threw away my tickets on him in disgust after the start. Luckily i found then on the floor of the Oriental Tavern in Dunedin so it must have been circa 1978/79

Probably my favourite race at the Trots,and a fantastic commentary to go with it.