RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Nostalgic Race Videos Here !

I realise this is a thoroughbred site Baz, however apart from the epic cox plate of B and w.star, the greatest race I have seen is A pacer called NO RESPONSE I think it was the NZ cup. mid to late 70's

I realise this is a thoroughbred site Baz, however apart from the epic cox plate of B and w.star, the greatest race I have seen is A pacer called NO RESPONSE I think it was the NZ cup. mid to late 70's

It was a trotter - the race you are probably thinking of is the Interdom Trotting Final at Addington.

Was amazing and a great race call from Reon.

It was a trotter - the race you are probably thinking of is the Interdom Trotting Final at Addington.

This is a bit sad but I can just about remember the last 20 seconds of that call word for word - when Reon got through the field as they crossed the line he said "You had to see it to believe it" - brilliant.

Thanks Chelseacol, Yes it was an amazing race and great drive as well. Can you remember what year it was? I think it was around the era of horses like SAPLING, ARMALIGHT, LORD MODULE, etc

Thanks Chelseacol, Yes it was an amazing race and great drive as well. Can you remember what year it was? I think it was around the era of horses like SAPLING, ARMALIGHT, LORD MODULE, etc

!979 Interdom final at Addington. Trainer/Driver was Richard Brosnan I am sure. ;)

The volume is really really low on La Mers Coongy and Sea Swifts Auckland Cup even though the volume is up on my comp.

See if you can record at a higher volume mate, could work.

Thanks for the work you are doing bringing these to us.

The volume is really really low on La Mers Coongy and Sea Swifts Auckland Cup even though the volume is up on my comp.

See if you can record at a higher volume mate, could work.

Thanks for the work you are doing bringing these to us.

Thanks David...I just tested those two races on YouTube and the sound seems normal to me. Have you checked the volume control on YouTube...may need adjusting to 100%? :confused:

Please keep posting these vids to youtube Baz. They're a goldmine. Thanks.
Your Welcome Peter... these videos are just a small collection I've had on VHS tape for years. Now in the "Digital World" I decided to upload some of the memories for racing fans. I wish NZ Racing or TAB TracksideTV could reach into there Video Vault and upload the classics to YouTube just as I have. They must have thousands of quality races from the 1970's & 80's worth uploading to YouTube for our viewing pleasure. Who can we see about this to make the dream a reality? :huh: 

Most memorable race in any code, EVER!!!

I've told lots of people about it - would certainly be great to have access to it to be able to show people.