RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Pre-race blood testing Banks Peninsula

Pre-race blood testing was carried out.

Routine alcohol testing of drivers was carried out prior to racing with horsemen B Butt and B Orange both providing results in excess of the permitted level. Both drivers were consequently stood down from their engagements. Information's were filed with the JCA and adjourned.

11 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Pre-race blood testing was carried out.

Routine alcohol testing of drivers was carried out prior to racing with horsemen B Butt and B Orange both providing results in excess of the permitted level. Both drivers were consequently stood down from their engagements. Information's were filed with the JCA and adjourned.

And people wonder why Harness is going backwards. Lets just give the media more chances to rubbish the industry.

4 hours ago, eljay said:

What s the basis of your complaint JJ and what would you do different. 

The Press has a journo who just loves this type of stuff. I'm actually not complaining , just pointing out the obvious. Harness has a way of shooting itself in the foot and  after all it is BO's 2nd charge under that rule. Granted he was just over limit but the rules are rules so we don't want that swept under the carpet do we. 

I could be wrong but saw somewhere that he got 5 days holiday for the Omakau infringement. in 2017. Surely it will be as much this time. Bloody sad

This is very poor form from these guys and unlucky as they may be in being tested and maybe just over the limit etc etc etc they need to respect their jobs ,the industry and those around them a lot more.

As predicted Chch journalist Martin Van Beynen is on to it and the story has made todays headlines on STUFF.

Tomorrow it may be fish and chip paper but their hearing will  be well covered and it sure doesn't help an ailing Industry.

It should not influence outcome of this indiscretion but the recent outburst at  McGraths place  whilst under influence which cost him a 1000 suggests he might have issues.

Eljay.The Press guy Van Beynen will have another field day. He was who i was referring to earlier.

1 hour ago, tasman man said:

This is very poor form from these guys and unlucky as they may be in being tested and maybe just over the limit etc etc etc they need to respect their jobs ,the industry and those around them a lot more.

As predicted Chch journalist Martin Van Beynen is on to it and the story has made todays headlines on STUFF.

Tomorrow it may be fish and chip paper but their hearing will  be well covered and it sure doesn't help an ailing Industry.

MVB got nothing better to do. Used to do a few big stories a few years ago but has been ascent from the Press for the last couple of years.

53 minutes ago, kilcoyne said:

MVB got nothing better to do. Used to do a few big stories a few years ago but has been ascent from the Press for the last couple of years.

Maybe.....I got the Press delivered each morning [bar Sundays] for 27 years and I thought him an excellent journalist.

He has done excellent work recently on the David Bain podcast .....he attended all the  Court trials  and has done a lot of other good work.

He didn't stand these guys down from Harness driving , an Industry very much under the spotlight , he is just reporting on it .Its of interest.

BO is one of NZ's top drivers , no doubt , but seems to push the boundaries...eg prominent in some questionable driving around Inca , then on the scene when McG nailed etc etc. I actually heard that the top two Canterbury drivers were being 'watched' very closely  12 months prior , hence I very surprised when he seems to push things !

Many workplaces test for drugs / alcohol and their rules are 'Zero tolerance".

Them the rules ,so hard to complain if/when caught out !

I too wonder why parties are held on night before race meeting.

4 hours ago, tasman man said:

Maybe.....I got the Press delivered each morning [bar Sundays] for 27 years and I thought him an excellent journalist.

He has done excellent work recently on the David Bain podcast .....he attended all the  Court trials  and has done a lot of other good work.

He didn't stand these guys down from Harness driving , an Industry very much under the spotlight , he is just reporting on it .Its of interest.

BO is one of NZ's top drivers , no doubt , but seems to push the boundaries...eg prominent in some questionable driving around Inca , then on the scene when McG nailed etc etc. I actually heard that the top two Canterbury drivers were being 'watched' very closely  12 months prior , hence I very surprised when he seems to push things !

Many workplaces test for drugs / alcohol and their rules are 'Zero tolerance".

Them the rules ,so hard to complain if/when caught out !

I too wonder why parties are held on night before race meeting.

I used to go out on the town some Friday night's, and go play a blinder generally the next arvo (football).Usually only get home around 4am.

How's that for form on the juice  ?

Also remember playing in the snow, having great fun , but was very disappointed as others were complaining it was freezing and the game was eventually called off.

Harden Up !

Geezuz Piper reckon that's awesome form, hey you survived 😝 

Yeh know what yuh mean JJ (shootin self in footitis) as if things aint bad enough, cmon Blair, champion driver like yourself won't be for long if yuh keep that shit up....only thing is reporters are only reporting on the actions an exploits of others, and no it aint always complimentary, just Harness don't need the negative side of it....

Cheers Iraklis

9 hours ago, 2Piper said:

I used to go out on the town some Friday night's, and go play a blinder generally the next arvo (football).Usually only get home around 4am.

How's that for form on the juice  ?

Also remember playing in the snow, having great fun , but was very disappointed as others were complaining it was freezing and the game was eventually called off.

Harden Up !

As you were playing Football.......were  you ever penalised for DRUNK DIVING ?

Unfortunately there is a culture around being boys on the town in the racing industry generally. Seen it so many times over the years - booze, women, etc etc.

I remember being at the Racecourse Hotel late one night watching a World Cup Rugby match after the third day of the Cup Carnival and two prominent jockeys put their drinks on our table and proceeded to roll around on the floor fighting each other - totally off their heads. The amazing bit was when I got up after midday the next day one of them had already ridden a winner at a Central North Island race meeting !

Now I am not knocking the behaviour at a base level - hell I've got shocking form in that regard myself. But against the background of all that has gone on in the harness industry surely you would be pulling your head in ???

57 minutes ago, Blue said:

Is BO driving down south today or stood down ? I've read and heard conflicting reports.

BO driving  Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. BB down to drive at Methven on Sunday as well.

Obviously case has yet to go before JCA

Yes hsvman - agree with you entirely.    Perhaps they have met a snag - like no confirming blood tests conducted.     Maybe they were - but the longer the matter is left, the more conspiracy theories can arise!

15 hours ago, eljay said:

More money for the lawyers lol

Probably the only winners out of the Orca saga Eljay. 

Negative for the industry

Very negative for a number of participants who have had criminal charges arising from non racing issues as a result of the inquiry picking up other stuff (the impact on these people of their names being dragged through the mud on matters that would not have hit the papers etc in normal circumstances has been concerning)

RIU look very poor with the spend of industry funds for little industry related impact in terms of cleaning up racing

The Police dragged into something they didn't need to with subsequent waste of resource and reputational damage

Lawyers and QC's having lots of work generated - disclosure - I'm all for lawyers getting work ;)