RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man

Karaka Million Day....who is going ?....are you getting involved ?

A nice warm day with a little cloud ......should be a great twilight meeting , with great atmosphere for those on track !

Something for all racing enthusiasts......for my money NZ's best race meeting !

Most of the best trainers ,the best jockeys and some fine inform horses racing for good money.

Shame the International buyers not on hand this year , but nonetheless the locals should enjoy a great meeting.

A buzz around the city with some AC yachting action ,the waka festival and the Viaduct already alive.

While getting the nails done and enjoying a fine coffee saw young Leo from a distance gearing up for a big day.

New shoes ,BGP sox on ,fascinators for the ladies etc etc ...gonna be huge.

And the shorts and jandals set ready to go too...the public facilities will be simply devine ,good coffee ,beer and hot chips .

And the birdshit off the seats.

Gonna be awesome !

For those who can't make it ,catch it on Trackside or your phone.

The build up has been great with previews ,podcasts , selections....4 x full pages for racing in the NZ Herald yesterday while the big day and BGP made TV news.

For those looking for weakness / issues with the day / format just think of the good old days when crowds were segregated , you had to be oncourse to see the race , most races you couldnt even hear them and bets had to be made off course 90 to 120 minutes before the race and often the jockeys not even carded.Yes thos were the days !

Wherever you are .....have a great day......make it a great day.

The aftermatch music and dancing should be great as well !

5 minutes ago, Akcam said:

Try Kumara.

With you there   KM night looks a great night out  but given the choice 10 out 10 times it would be West Coast circuit every time for me .  

In reality they are just high value restricted races and a few lower group races but still looks fun .

20 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

In reality they are just high value restricted races and a few lower group races but still looks fun .

True but hopefully might encourage the industry to try other initiatives that can generate some interest and excitement instead of the same thing year in year out.

57 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

True but hopefully might encourage the industry to try other initiatives that can generate some interest and excitement instead of the same thing year in year out.

Good point , to be honest I love twilight racing , wish there was more of it . Times are good on KM night .Cruise along after work ideal , iam a bit jealous of the wobblers here with all their evening racing .

8 hours ago, Akcam said:

Try Kumara.

I tried to get to Kumara twice but both times it was washed out or invaded by wild pigs !

The odd bridge was washed away so when I tried for a third time the family reminded we had had 2 x vehicles and caravans washed away down the river so we settled for the Westport trots where the weather usually OK along with the Nelson trots where weather great and an all-weather track.