RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

BGP News

Our big event of the year is next weekend.

We are closing in on 750 Karaka Million tickets. 

That is 300 more than last year (Year 3).

That 300 is more than the total we had in Year 2.

750 is 10 times what we had in Year 1.

Even if you don’t get excited for racing or aren’t coming on the 23rd...

Hopefully this shows you what is possible when you put the work in.

Slow, steady, consistent mahi.

It doesn’t just happen.

Get it done in twenty twenty won.

58 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

BGP is at HQ Saturday arvo 12-3.30, then free buses to Ellerslie 

Is the free bus thing available to a  4 southerners who are going to races and staying close to Viaduct.

Ps . They hate drinking😆😆

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Is the free bus thing available to a  4 southerners who are going to races and staying close to Viaduct.

Ps . They hate drinking😆😆

That has certainly narrowed down where the 4 southerners come from, obviously not Coasters. Could I guess at Oamaru?

Congratulations to BGP ....I wish them all the best

I see they put $24k a place on the K million 2yo race.

Ironically the NZ TAB restricted me to a maximum win bet of  $1.40  on a fixed odds greyhound today !!!!

24k v $1.40

How is that fukn possible????

I really thought they would have made a profit, given how many favourites and well-fancied runners got the nod. Unsure why they had a huge quinella on the final race but undid that work by backing one of their quinella horses to win.

However, I'm sure they all had fun.

18 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

I really thought they would have made a profit, given how many favourites and well-fancied runners got the nod. Unsure why they had a huge quinella on the final race but undid that work by backing one of their quinella horses to win.

However, I'm sure they all had fun.

I run a pot with mates at races few times a year , I am always quite pleased to get even which is what they did really . Tough work keeping all involved , punting on every race and trying to cover a few bases each race so they see a collect or two . I bet differently running a pot than on my own . Running a small pot is IMHO a learning process as you need to throw the odd bone to the ones lacking any knowledge to make it fun for them too and manage  the more dangerous ones for the pot  which are the ones who watched the Melbourne Cup once so are the experts that want to take over  cause they can do better,   so  you have to factor in that damage limitation at times as you want everyone to have a good day  .If I had a buck  for every time I heard one say , my mates brothers friends 2nd cousin put an easy bet trifecta on once and won thousands. Iam exhausted after running a pot .

From all accounts the BGP group had a massive day out and made some $$ via bonus bets. Lots of moans from the usuals about no restrictions on them and BGP getting preferential treatment from TAB. Go to a supermarket every week and see how many loss leader products are on the shelves.

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

From all accounts the BGP group had a massive day out and made some $$ via bonus bets. Lots of moans from the usuals about no restrictions on them and BGP getting preferential treatment from TAB. Go to a supermarket every week and see how many loss leader products are on the shelves.

And the introductory special promotion already has received better coverage/cut-through than any other advertising re the introduction of FO Quinellas.

Smart work by the TAB getting this exposure !

Quinella is a popular bet option.

Good to see the TAB come to the party re BGP - I think it has taken the TAB a while to get fully on board, but they got there.

The TAB quite rightly looks after it's best customers - they have joined this group and are perhaps the key positive in the industry right now (and I am not a member)

8 hours ago, tasman man said:

Smart work by the TAB getting this exposure !

Quinella is a popular bet option.

In Hong Kong where it is not unusual to have HK$100,000,000 bet on most races - the quinella is the most popular option - they have quinella and place quinella where your two picks have to run 1,2 or 3