RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Old name re-sufaces.

Well, almost. I see a filly named Tauparae winning at Matamata trials today for TA. Stirs memories of the good sprinter/miler Tauporae. He won eight races in the 70s plus third twice in the Railway, 1970 behind Sharivari and 71 behind Ajasco. Good luck to her owners. I hope she's half as good.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Well, almost. I see a filly named Tauparae winning at Matamata trials today for TA. Stirs memories of the good sprinter/miler Tauporae. He won eight races in the 70s plus third twice in the Railway, 1970 behind Sharivari and 71 behind Ajasco. Good luck to her owners. I hope she's half as good.

Notice Semprini winning recently at Te Aroha. Same location the old Semprini trained by D. Arnott.  Was Tauparae by Pakistan?

slam dunk the earlier Semprini was a handy sprinter-miler who won 7 races for Dave Arnott each time ridden by his apprentice Steve Ganley. Couple of coincidences: Semprini won his maiden race at the corresponding Thames meeting on the 5/1/63. Both Semprinis won their Maiden race at their third starts.

Archer there have been 3 horses named Vincere- the latest 4yo Pins mare, the 2001 g by Al Akbar who won once from six starts for Chris Wood and the 1977 g by Silent Hunter who raced 111 times for 20 wins. He won 7 on the flat, 4 Steeplechases and 9 Hurdle Races. He won the 1987 and 1988 Great Northern Hurdles and the 1988 Pakuranga Hunt Cup.

My Mum worked in a family milk bar in Panmure and a regular customer was a friend of the owners so used to get the " bully". I was not long out of school and Serena supplemented my meager pay quite nicely.

4 hours ago, gubellini said:

Blue Serena raced 36 times for 11wins. Theo Howe trained her to win her first 9 races and JN Sellwood for her last two which were the 1968 Telegraph Handicap and the 1968 Jackson Stakes at Wanganui.

Serena won the Telegraph in 1967 also Gubes. She carried 7 stone 2lb and a quarter and was ridden by David Peake in 1967.

I saw her win the race in 1968 when ridden by Bill Skelton when she carried 9 stone 3lb that year (my first time at Trentham). Bill rode the double that day winning the Cup on Loofah.