RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
One more lap

The winners time for the main race at Nelson, is this not telling us something. We breed to USA horses who run miles and look at this. We need more of this to suit the horses we are putting on the track. Also the mares in the field with the last horse going under 1.55 are now worth breeding from for a sellers point of view. The clubs should look at this, they payout  maybe $90,000 over nine races to 12 horse fields, pay the same total over smaller fields , say 12 races and miles. As an owner, I would love it, smaller win purse but less traffic in having a go at it, this is how Menangle works among others.. And where are all our racing stock going, just call them skippy. The younger thinkers need to change our sport, they no longer want a tactical 2600metre gut buster and nor does the owner who gets two starts a month from those to pay the bills. Milers get more starts, Look at the aussie horses, the amount of starts and stakes won, time for the old boys network to have a rethink and start by watching Nelson today, only thing wrong their is it is such a great meeting that smaller field might have been a bonus from a punters view. It was a great idea, WELL DONE NELSON

On 1/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, One more lap said:

The winners time for the main race at Nelson, is this not telling us something. We breed to USA horses who run miles and look at this. We need more of this to suit the horses we are putting on the track. Also the mares in the field with the last horse going under 1.55 are now worth breeding from for a sellers point of view. The clubs should look at this, they payout  maybe $90,000 over nine races to 12 horse fields, pay the same total over smaller fields , say 12 races and miles. As an owner, I would love it, smaller win purse but less traffic in having a go at it, this is how Menangle works among others.. And where are all our racing stock going, just call them skippy. The younger thinkers need to change our sport, they no longer want a tactical 2600metre gut buster and nor does the owner who gets two starts a month from those to pay the bills. Milers get more starts, Look at the aussie horses, the amount of starts and stakes won, time for the old boys network to have a rethink and start by watching Nelson today, only thing wrong their is it is such a great meeting that smaller field might have been a bonus from a punters view. It was a great idea, WELL DONE NELSON

There is generally a mile day down south each year and it is certainly a great day. We need more of these around the country,  maybe they should be the races that count  which qualfies horses for the jewels ( only a suggestion ). Would make iracing exciting to see them in those circumstances. 

As a trotting owner/breeder I too would love to see more mobile sprint races. We breed for speed but to succeed in NZ, trotters have to become proficient at standing. Punters and owners would be in an uproar if pacers were restricted to standing standing starts unless in juvenile or FFA races. I'm not against standing starts - like One More Lap, I just wish programmers could show a bit more initiative. To keep owners involved and racing interesting we need a level of diversity that enables a high % of our race horse population a good chance of paying their way. Just alternating mobile and standing start opportunities each week for trotters would be a start. We could even consider an occasional 3200m hcp in the north! 

16 hours ago, Blue said:

Will have a helluva field to beat Piper and people don't realize how tricky Cambridge can be first time, especially when you're frantically going after big $$$.

I don't think the final bend at Addington is that easy to make ground on either. It is certainly sharper than the bend after the post. Give him a very good draw , Copy That , Bad to the Bone and South Coast Arden get bad ones, think he' ll be had to beat. I just think he is the smokey,  even with the others going to war up front , he has that  stamina to peg them.

Taylor Mile , run of the race was Bad To The Bone

Add in Speedster Tommy Lincoln and Pembrooke Playboy, the 4yo e&g Jewels could be the highlight

5 minutes ago, 2Piper said:

I don't think the final bend at Addington is that easy to make ground on either. It is certainly sharper than the bend after the post. Give him a very good draw , Copy That , Bad to the Bone and South Coast Arden get bad ones, think he' ll be had to beat. I just think he is the smokey,  even with the others going to war up front , he has that  stamina to peg them.

Add in Speedster Tommy Lincoln and Pembrooke Playboy, the 4yo e&g Jewels could be the highlight

Copy That $2.25

South Coast Arden  $3.90

Pembrooke Playboy $4.60

Bad To The Bone $4.60

Laver $51

Tommy Lincoln $81

On 5/26/2021 at 12:18 AM, 2Piper said:

Laver is a very good horse. Yes, it's a great field but how many of them have gone 1:51? Laver has, I will back him at those odds and if he draws well he is a danger. 

1 hour ago, Thejanitor said:

Laver is a very good horse. Yes, it's a great field but how many of them have gone 1:51? Laver has, I will back him at those odds and if he draws well he is a danger. 

I believe the draws for the Jewels races are drawn tomorrow around mid-day.

On 5/26/2021 at 12:24 AM, 2Piper said:

Copy That $2.25

South Coast Arden  $3.90

Pembrooke Playboy $4.60

Bad To The Bone $4.60

Laver $51

Tommy Lincoln $81

TFA and great place odds for Laver