RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MTH

Reefton race 3 shambles

Watching the build up to the start of the race and couldn't believe my eyes. All the horse's were at the starting gates except 2 horses from one trainer, with the jockeys waiting for them in the mounting yard, they finally arrive 1 minute before start time.

BUT on arrival at the starting gates those 2 horse's were re-saddled swapping saddlecloths

But as they were re-saddling them one horse already loaded (first starter) went off in the gates

But was then vetted, clearly horse wasn't happy after being unloaded from the gates, But was allowed to race

But the 2 horse's being re-saddled were then returned to the birdcage, Must been some doubt on whether they had the saddle's of the wrong horse's,  along with the saddlecloth

But 7 minutes after race start after some horse's spending at least that time in the starting gates waiting on all the drama's behind the gates, they were finally dispatched  

What a disgrace, so many need people involved need to be accountable, will they???

Personally think the race should have been abandoned, a fair start, i don't think so,  some of those horses were in the gates far too long while some were still walking around behind the gates. The inexperienced horses in starting gates didn't get a fair go, THE race should have been abandoned

Don't know where to start with so many wrongs being made, totally unprofessional by all involved, how we meant to keep owners, punters etc in this game???

On that note I am considering with drawing my interest in NZ racing horse's here. 

Certainly was a shambles but not sure if it should have been abandoned as the horses and connections that had done everything right should not be punished because of the others who caused the problems. 

What is the ruling as far as horses around at the start, I know they have to carry there carded weight to the barriers but are the riders allowed to dismount and lead the horses around when there is those sort of delays?  

Agree horses were certainly left in the gates far to long, the numbers mix up has been pinned on the trainer by looks of it, very poor effort all around, makes you wonder who is running racing, surely checking brands and gear on horses pre race, should also be numbers, one must cast there mind back to the starting gate draws at hokitika a while back, all seems very unprofessional to me, biggest loser is the club and loss of betting revenue of the scratched horses, that aside was a good days racing, everyone horses and jockeys got around safely,  track was in great order and a good crowd oncourse I thought.

1 hour ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Certainly was a shambles but not sure if it should have been abandoned as the horses and connections that had done everything right should not be punished because of the others who caused the problems. 

What is the ruling as far as horses around at the start, I know they have to carry there carded weight to the barriers but are the riders allowed to dismount and lead the horses around when there is those sort of delays?  

Disagree, you are forgetting the one very important element who don't get a chance to withdraw their bets .. the punter of course. The shambles which it truly was may have affected a number of horses performance, so in the interest of all it should have been abandoned. Poor commentator didn't know what was going on either. Haven't quite seen such a circus affair to that extent for sometime, it didn't look real.