RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Trainers' Invoices

I got my latest trainer's invoice for the month of December and it includes charges for B Boost, Gastropel, Hemoplex, Ketoprofen, Lasix, Meloxicam (2), Quick-Lyte, Pentosan, Uptite and Vet Wrap (4).  Stake earnings for the past THREE months, nett of trainer's and jockeys' percentages come to $170.

I recall seeing a trainer's invoice from the late Bill Sanders and it was not so detailed, even though he was a fully qualified pharmacist.

Racing is a great game but, by God, it is hellishly expensive.

27 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I got my latest trainer's invoice for the month of December and it includes charges for B Boost, Gastropel, Hemoplex, Ketoprofen, Lasix, Meloxicam (2), Quick-Lyte, Pentosan, Uptite and Vet Wrap (4).  Stake earnings for the past THREE months, nett of trainer's and jockeys' percentages come to $170.

I recall seeing a trainer's invoice from the late Bill Sanders and it was not so detailed, even though he was a fully qualified pharmacist.

I might take a bit of that stuff , might be able to crank up the treadmill a point higher . I suppose though it's at what  point your horse is at  re stake earnings , how many runs into prep . If coming to the end of prep and he's  a 7 year old gelding Id be finding him a new home quick smart , if he or she is nearer the start of career with a bit of improvement in them I'd keep paying the chemist bill some more .

8 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

You have got a cripple Tauhei

How would you like to be paying $90 +GST (Aus)per day to a Trainer to have your horse put on a walker every day for a month,under the guise of Pre Training. Excuse was the horse recovering from a sore back.

2 hours ago, jeepers said:

How would you like to be paying $90 +GST (Aus)per day to a Trainer to have your horse put on a walker every day for a month,under the guise of Pre Training. Excuse was the horse recovering from a sore back.

Stuff like this happens all the time , more good guys than bad guys in the industry tho . You just have to trust that your trainer is a good guy .

On 1/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, jeepers said:

So did you end up buying your own walker and putting the horse on it twice a day before sending it off to the trainer when it had done its pre-training?

No Huey. Hopefully we will be doing better than that as other unhappy owners are involved, we have another strategy which just needs a majority approval.

Once I shift to my new property in a few months I will have  a Track,a treadmill ,a walker and a pool. No more pro trainers and no more multiple owners. I will then race my half brothers and sisters to Kufu's dam, plus others bred, myself ----- Until I fall off the perch. I may not have as much success, but I will have a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, jeepers said:

No Huey. Hopefully we will be doing better than that as other unhappy owners are involved, we have another strategy which just needs a majority approval.

Once I shift to my new property in a few months I will have  a Track,a treadmill ,a walker and a pool. No more pro trainers and no more multiple owners. I will then race my half brothers and sisters to Kufu's dam, plus others bred, myself ----- Until I fall off the perch. I may not have as much success, but I will have a lot of fun.

Excellent, good luck with that. I'm sure you'll enjoy every moment of it!