RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Whats Opie's Chance

I can see no logical reason for him to get a reduction just because there are a couple of decent races coming up. I think we should ask ourselves what would happen if CWJ appealed a suspension because he had a decent ride coming up at Kumara. All we can ask for is consistency.

Opie will be back for Karaka Million night. It would be a marketing travesty for NZ Racing if he isn't there on the big night.
Particularly with the BOYS GET PAID who love him on that night of racing. 
Chris Johnson however would have got an extra month just for appealing ! 🤣

9 hours ago, Archer said:

What was the race that got him tossed ?

Suspensions

Race 3  O Bosson SWORD OF STATE Careless riding 1100 metres [Rule 638(1)(d)] Suspended 5-15/1 inclusive, 5 days & fined as below

Race 4 O Bosson ILLUSION OF PARIS Careless riding 1400 metres [Rule 638(1)(d)] Suspended 16-28/1 inclusive, 6 days & fined as below

On 1/2/2021 at 2:44 PM, Tauhei Notts said:

Arithmetic is my speciality.  If punting was I would be rich.

So, there is something fishy with those sectional times.  Note how the winner's time was 68.91seconds; and they came the last 600 in 32.54seconds.  But look further and see that Levante, who was spotting the leader a decent lead at the 600, came her last 600 in 32.53 seconds.  This does not seem to add up to me, just as the distribution of $188,000 in prize money does not add up to the $200,000 usually accorded a group one race.

Poundforpound is correct to make mention of a sprint where they went the second half 4.37 seconds faster than the first half.  It seemed to be a great track gallop where the rider is asked to go 3/4 pace to the 600 then kick the excrement out of it over 600 metres.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:49 PM, chiknsmack said:

On 1/6/2021 at 10:33 PM, Baz (NZ) said:

Opie will be back for Karaka Million night. It would be a marketing travesty for NZ Racing if he isn't there on the big night.
Particularly with the BOYS GET PAID who love him on that night of racing. 
Chris Johnson however would have got an extra month just for appealing ! 🤣

I would tend to agree. He will still get slapped over the wrist, but with a smaller bus ticket that perhaps costs a little more. 

21 hours ago, richie said:

Was never going to get off.Was 2 shocking bits of riding.A big difference between competitive and dangerous riding.His was dangerous

going be intresting if they serious on if they want try a second time to get him off 

Bunch of clowns on another site suggest it won't matter whether Opie gets off or not.  They suggest he is not that good and Te Akau would be better off with Tina Comignaghi or at least six other jockeys (who they refuse to name).  Biggest load of nonsense you'll ever read.  There is certainly only one Opie Bosson!

10 hours ago, Kloppite said:

Bunch of clowns on another site suggest it won't matter whether Opie gets off or not.  They suggest he is not that good and Te Akau would be better off with Tina Comignaghi or at least six other jockeys (who they refuse to name).  Biggest load of nonsense you'll ever read.  There is certainly only one Opie Bosson!

Haha that is the truth...I know for me I would have him on any day of the week...before most others.

11 hours ago, Kloppite said:

end of the day opies had the opportunists others cab only dream on theres a lot of jockeys with better strike rates iam sure would have same success , if opie wasnt picked up by te akau  would he stil be riding  

as for his appeal  why the ......  was old man ellis allowed to say  what he said 

personally hope it fails 

more to racing than opie     seems to be a lot  in racing that  thinks thats all there is  in racing  and alot of top jockeys dont get  the opportunities 

sooner he calls it quits the better