RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

TAB new ad

The TAB are advertising on Trackside telling us to not bet on overseas bookmakers, as there is $80M a year leakage at it hurts the NZ industry.

My thoughts:

• On Weigh In, in December Michael Guerin said the TAB are always using Betfair to lay off bets.  So they can but don't want us to?
  • I find betting offshore the same as racing horses offshore, it is a personal choice.   If all NZ trainers, jockeys and horses stayed in NZ then it would benefit NZ racing.  But that is never happening.
  • Offshore bookmakers do not charge $2.15 to deposit $20 from your card (this is nearly my biggest bug bear).
  • How come we want overseas punters to bet on NZ TAB bit we can't bet on theirs?  Double standards?
  • If I leave money in my TAB account I get no deposit offers, whereas those that draw all funds out get deposit offers each week?!
  • There are a TAB employees using offshoer bookmakers too
  • Be competitive and compete.  Compete with odds, deals and standard of site
  • No incentrive to courses to get people not to put off shore as the TAB will not even geo ring fence locations.
  • Do TAB employees purchase proiducts offshore or only NZ made/

* I use the TAB when on course or in a pub tab.  But I hate been told what to do.

All great points. I'll add another.

The NZ TAB is clueless when it comes to affiliate marketing. Offshore bookmakers rely heavily on affiliates, but it's foreign language to our lot.

Whether it's too hard for them to set up (it's not), or they feel like they don't need help attracting players (they do), I wouldn't know.

The TAB have like many businesses have been far too focused on going Digital and overlooked local currency and cash in society is how the world goes around.

They call it Money Laundering for a common good purpose, it makes the world go around.

Keep tabs on Cryptocurrency News and you can see where all the rot is coming from on the internet and how a minority think we should be living our lives, yet they are extremely far removed from reality.

You will find the same players lurking in the background who want at least 55% of jobs/ things in general done via the internet their way.

Go back in time around 20 years ago where Society has been fudged up with the internet and those calling the shots for their own financial gains at the expense of the Greater Good of Society.

Some of us discussed 20 yrs ago how the Internet and computers was going to destroy Society as it was completely unregulated, no one was considering 'Consequences' of their decision making.

Critical thinking has gone out the door.

By the way, isn't it interesting how Jack MA a Chinese Internet Billionaire has gone missing and hasn't been seen since October?

Look up articles in FT on him and all the Chinese Internet players

Look up the name Michael Biernof (spelling) #Salestalk tied in with IT.

They are restricting me betting in NZ and don't want me betting overseas either!

So the TAB bookies are rattling on TV today how they have accepted $3000 bets on this and $2000 bet on that every day all day.

I take one multi on a horse the other day with 2 horses the following day at Tauranga and they stop me taking anymore.

Then I try and back one of the horses for the following day on fixed odds and they say I have exceeded my limit.

My fixed odds limit it set at zero dollars!

My multi bet limit is set at zero dollars!

Is this really the publicity the NZ TAB wants to promote?

image.thumb.png.78ab15405b6a5a5e09102dd14cac4aa6.png

image.png.662942e446f170b946dc518239bd1417.png

1 hour ago, 100 1 said:

They are restricting me betting in NZ and don't want me betting overseas either!

So the TAB bookies are rattling on TV today how they have accepted $3000 bets on this and $2000 bet on that every day all day.

I take one multi on a horse the other day with 2 horses the following day at Tauranga and they stop me taking anymore.

Then I try and back one of the horses for the following day on fixed odds and they say I have exceeded my limit.

My fixed odds limit it set at zero dollars!

My multi bet limit is set at zero dollars!

Is this really the publicity the NZ TAB wants to promote?

image.thumb.png.78ab15405b6a5a5e09102dd14cac4aa6.png

image.png.662942e446f170b946dc518239bd1417.png

I presume this is because "you know the odds now beat them", and you did?  insane

I stand to be corrected but tab's and bookmakers everywhere are more concerned with race fields type of business where it sells and buys data to then provide betting to punters and it is a free for all ,winner takes all ,war of attrition for the punting dollar.It seems logical that they will eventually be swallowed by the eventual winning megamonster operation and we will just be providing product for a global market .These little bumps in the road will not hinder the inevitable future 

7 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

The big red bar!!

That is exactly the one!

What is the difference between the NZ TAB and a Lada car?

At least you can push a Lada to keep it moving!

Dean McKenzie - do not go on TV adverts asking punters to use the NZ TAB when it is not fit for purpose.