WELL DONE LJ SHANNON ON WINNING THE FIRST ROUND OF THE TWO WEEK COMP.
mikenz

If the TAB had not been saved.

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Huey said:

Besides that the codes are struggling to operate their own sports properly let alone broadcasting radio.

Thats more of an issue than you think and is the crux of the slow demise of racing

 

7 minutes ago, Huey said:

for someone who is so close to the core of the TAB that worries me!

I have absolutely nothing to do with NZTAB. never had and never will.

I just see things for what they are. You and i both agree that costs had to be cut but which cuts is where we differ. You see Trackside Radio as an earner and i see it as a cost. If and when TAB results come out if nett income is higher might you agree that TRs demise has not been negative factor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Thats more of an issue than you think and is the crux of the slow demise of racing

 

I have absolutely nothing to do with NZTAB. never had and never will.

I just see things for what they are. You and i both agree that costs had to be cut but which cuts is where we differ. You see Trackside Radio as an earner and i see it as a cost. If and when TAB results come out if nett income is higher might you agree that TRs demise has not been negative factor?

Not on the Radio side of things, I think its been a big mistake, I would have expected things to have been better with it. I'm still puzzled as to how it came about, though I gather its pretty obvious.

If net income is up year on year I'll take my hat off to them regardless of the radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mikenz said:

Not sure about everyone at the beach,Aucklands beaches are full of shit,anyway I'm gunna get some sun,how does one spend so much time on here?it can easily rake one in.

Go get some sun then....here's hoping its a long summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Thats more of an issue than you think and is the crux of the slow demise of racing

 

I have absolutely nothing to do with NZTAB. never had and never will.

I just see things for what they are. You and i both agree that costs had to be cut but which cuts is where we differ. You see Trackside Radio as an earner and i see it as a cost. If and when TAB results come out if nett income is higher might you agree that TRs demise has not been negative factor?

Just one query then JJ, you say 3 million for radio is good money chasing bad.

How then can you or anyone in NZ condone the spend of the upfront cost of over $50 million on the website, it is bad , really really bad, even you will acknowledge that.

Yet the TAB still pays $17 million per annum to maintain the site.

Also taking into account that the updates provided for $17 million p.a include software updates that have to be paid for and implemented by our TAB, which incidentally they can't afford so are not implementing ..... SFO anyone ?????

Also this equates to nearly a 1/4 of a Billion dollars for that heap of shit if we stick with it for the contracted 10 years.

Wow , $3 million p.a for Radio looks a bargain.

Interestingly the early quotes for Radio were $1 mill, $1.5 mill , $4+ mill, glad to see they settled on $3mill 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for the TAB cutting costs....i.e Salaries/ Betting platform extortion costs & useless suits with no invested interest in racing.
But when these overpaid fuckin idiots make disastrous marketing decisions by closing down your customer shop windows like Trackside Radio and no TV presenters on course!....the racing public are going to vote with their wallets.
The NZTAB aren't even a competitive agency in their own field and yet these clowns can get away with these type of decisions.
Like many I know....my punt is less with the demise of Trackside radio. This is a common consensus whatever your opinion...whether you think its an asset or cost.
Sadly none of these clowns blinked an eye spending $50,000,000 plus $17,000,000 per year service costs on the shit TAB Web-Site betting platform (The root cause and real reason the NZ TAB almost became insolvent) COVID-19 ??? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Charles and Baz any chance you can  see this from a factual position

A current board/Ceo were selected roughly 2 yrs ago by Winnie to enact new Racing Act and replace some very poor decion makers. Chair Hughes and CEO J Allen were shown the door. Went 15 months ago. 

They were the worst operators in decades IMHO. , Op costs were out of control.  THEY WERE THE GROUP WHO  DECIDED TO BUY NEW WEBSITE FOR 50 MIO WITH ADDITIONAL ANNUAL FEE OF 17 MILLION FOR 10 YEARS

So iits plain stupid to blame current board as they inherited a broken business. It was basically broke and needing a capital.injection just to survive

As part of the new business plan 300 staff are now gone. Luxuries  such as on course presenters and Trackside Radio could obviously not  be provided  when your cutting costs to keep business afloat. To do so is just doing what the previous losers did and we know how that ended up.

Maybe one day when the balance sheet is put in order  they may be reintroduced. But if it was me a compelling Cost Benefit would need to be produced t have those  services  reintroduced.

As an example would having say Bevin Sweeny on Saturday TV tipping horses make you want to punt more.??

Let's see how the new NZTAB results turn.out .Thats what any business is judged on IMHO

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, nomates said:

Straight up JJ here is my issue with you , instead of coming on and making an intelligent comment about my one and only post on the topic of closing facilities too soon , you choose to make a derogatory personal comment , maybe because your hanging onto past issues between us , i don't know , and if you remember it was the way you belittled 2 posters that started our little tet a tet . You are obviously a highly intelligent man , and the way you choose to use that intelligence to belittle people is fundamentally wrong in my book . I don't like bullying , and you do it regularly by talking down to people  when there is no requirement , not everyone is as intelligent as others .

My comment regarding the topic was purely about whoever made the decision it was not a good business decision , nothing more nothing less , who knows it might even have been a decision made by the Police , in which case it makes the topic redundant . But if i was running the TAB then i would make sure it was clear , if there are punters wanting to punt then we will fulfill our core responsibility , accept bets . Hopefully you would agree with that edict , perhaps not .

I have regularly seen your posts , on both sites and relating to both codes , agree or disagree there hasn't been much for me to reply too , but the one thing i am sure of i wouldn't have done is  gone straight in with low kick . If you went thru all my posts ever you wouldn't find once where i have replied in the first instance with a derogatory in regards the poster . But as i said perhaps i'm still a bit of a raw nerve for you .Not everything i post is negative , but i will take issue where i think i see things , IMO , being done wrong or , IMO , not in the best interest of the industry . I could easily say you and some others see everything thru rose colored glasses , but just because my opinion opposes your opinion doesn't automatically make them negative , i have been hands on in galloping for 40 years and i know many who are the same and see nothing changing , people at the coalface see a change of management which doesn't automatically mean a change of trajectory , simply because they have seen too many false dawns . 

Perhaps you have to accept that not everybody , and there are many , who don't see the rising of a new sun , the way you do . 

 

i agree with you. i have seen this posters repls on both sites, jj flash you regularly try to discredit someones post if they are not aligned with yours.  i have been in this game for near 30 years now, like nomates, and despite your optimism i have seen many a changes that have inspired optimism to only be let down, so i prefer to wait for actual results. the tab cutting down costs, and being able to demonstrate in figures what this equates to is a good start.

 

but because someone doesnt agree with you, you think then it is ok to belittle them.

 

well, JJ flash, your a lot of talk, and you can criticise people with skin in the game...who are you, what have you done, what has been your involvement?

 

or how about i talk with the same sentiment you show others,

are you just an oxygen thieving niller, who has an opinion on everything, but has done fuck all. i suspect it is the latter. correct me if im wrong.

if you do attend the races, pm me, you have strong views, and you want to make changes, ill bring some people with skin in the game to meet you, so you can get your views across, who are equally as passionate and want to seek positive change. i do however suspect in person you are spineless and gutless to do so as i suspect that you are only willing to degenerate someone with opposing views to you online.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Varro said:

, so i prefer to wait for actual results. the tab cutting down costs, and being able to demonstrate in figures what this equates to is a good start.

Ill ignore some of your post but you will note from  my recent posts such as below we are in full agreement.

 

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Let's see how the new NZTAB results turn.out .Thats what any business is judged on IMHO

As for me , i'm a regular and some would say large punter who has raced quite a few horses over the years  have  a dislike for misinformation and prefer  a half glass full approach as opposed to the negative.

If you wish to agree with Nomates and others and disagree with me  go for it as that's entirely your choice. These are after all discussion forums.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Ill ignore some of your post but you will note from  my recent posts such as below we are in full agreement.

 

As for me , i'm a regular and some would say large punter who has raced quite a few horses over the years  have  a dislike for misinformation and prefer  a half glass full approach as opposed to the negative.

If you wish to agree with Nomates and others and disagree with me  go for it as that's entirely your choice. These are after all discussion forums.

 

indeed a discussion forum, remember that, were anyone can have an opinion, in which it is ok if ones opinion is different than yours, or mine or anyone elses.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Varro said:

indeed a discussion forum, remember that, were anyone can have an opinion, in which it is ok if ones opinion is different than yours, or mine or anyone elses.

cheers

Indeed a discussion forum -your the one above  ranting about how bad i am and how you agree with Nomates. Simply i don't at times and am not alone. I will usually back my thoughts with facts or a constructive argument. An example being pointing out that the current board and management group had nothing to do with the wasted 50Mio on Website and ongoing 17 mio annual fees. They cant renege on the deal so they just have to suck it up and cut costs  and grow revenues elsewhere.. Blaming them is just plain stupid IMO

If you don't like or agree then counter argue or block the other poster. That's why i like this site, its short on fiction posters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Varro said:

i agree with you. i have seen this posters repls on both sites, jj flash you regularly try to discredit someones post if they are not aligned with yours.  i have been in this game for near 30 years now, like nomates, and despite your optimism i have seen many a changes that have inspired optimism to only be let down, so i prefer to wait for actual results. the tab cutting down costs, and being able to demonstrate in figures what this equates to is a good start.

 

but because someone doesnt agree with you, you think then it is ok to belittle them.

 

well, JJ flash, your a lot of talk, and you can criticise people with skin in the game...who are you, what have you done, what has been your involvement?

 

or how about i talk with the same sentiment you show others,

are you just an oxygen thieving niller, who has an opinion on everything, but has done fuck all. i suspect it is the latter. correct me if im wrong.

if you do attend the races, pm me, you have strong views, and you want to make changes, ill bring some people with skin in the game to meet you, so you can get your views across, who are equally as passionate and want to seek positive change. i do however suspect in person you are spineless and gutless to do so as i suspect that you are only willing to degenerate someone with opposing views to you online.

 

 

 

To add a bit of balance ....I disagree with your sentiments and note you also stoop to a bit of personal abuse to support your case .

I often find this a sign of desperation...when posters resort to this.

I have been subjected to this .....

eg ..go and take your meds at the rest home you loser ,what would you know........it is a discouragement to post but some folk do approach me and ask me to post more because I often come from an angle they agree with and are too scared to post themselves.......they don't need abuse even if it from a faceless ,nameless keyboard warrior.

These two protagonists being discussed here seem to come from two ends of spectrum........both post a lot ,but one is from positive angle the other from negative .

I have never met JJFlash nor do I know he is but I definitely look at the positive aspects of the industry which I am an enthusiastic participant in....I too am very critical of many decisions made in past and current situations.

And remember we all put on our pants the same way....everyone has an opinion and personal preferences of what we would like to see.....often there are a raft of things to cover.

Many cant sort the sizzle out from the sausage........people enter the garden of racing and step all over the flowers to point out a few weeds !

Many of the issues have been around for 50 years or more....speaking to 3 x of NZ's most knowledgable Journalists at the track last week they agreed people have been calling for certain changes for 50 years yet when decision time comes thru personal interest /conflicts , decisions can never be made.

The current dire situation IMO needs the industry bosses to start with a clean sheet and a strategy and a business plan to support that. Then do it !Shame there will be some casualties.Change looks to be coming !

Today is Reefton gallops so prepare to read how the great crowd and great atmosphere makes this ONE meeting a year club the equal of the big , subsidised City clubs...cant wait for the keyboard warriors to cut loose and stake their claim with mother-in-law research and personal abuse of the current administration .

Strong opinions will follow ... eg I once worked in a stable ,and shovelled shit ,I owned a potential champion , the commentator spolit my day ,the tipsters didnt pick the card ,I can pick better ....my bets are limited I only bet 20% of what I used to , Im the most important man in racing so much so that I post the most on NZ's 3 x sites to get my views out there often under different names to show my views have support .....etc etc. We all have these stories/dreams/fantasies !

The poor buggers that try and run the Industry have no chance against us....some of us hate the Industry so much that we spend hours posting/talking about that we never/rarely attend a meeting , we rarely bet and when we do we do with Aussie sites to get another dime on FO.We hate every move the bosses make. And we been complaining , on the Internet for years....so they never listen.

Lets in 2021 ,if we want the Industry to survive ...support change ,support the Industry with time and money........buy some subscriptions , bet more ,take your neighbour racing , go to Club and association meetings join a committee  push for changes from the inside.

Its going to be tough.....most NZ's dont like racing , and its getting worse as you pound on the keyboards......gather and check the facts !

We all put our pants on the same way.....be kind.......don't be a dick head !

Be kind....haha.....if that difficult at least be positive !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tasman man said:

To add a bit of balance ....I disagree with your sentiments and note you also stoop to a bit of personal abuse to support your case .

I often find this a sign of desperation...when posters resort to this.

I have been subjected to this .....

eg ..go and take your meds at the rest home you loser ,what would you know........it is a discouragement to post but some folk do approach me and ask me to post more because I often come from an angle they agree with and are too scared to post themselves.......they don't need abuse even if it from a faceless ,nameless keyboard warrior.

These two protagonists being discussed here seem to come from two ends of spectrum........both post a lot ,but one is from positive angle the other from negative .

I have never met JJFlash nor do I know he is but I definitely look at the positive aspects of the industry which I am an enthusiastic participant in....I too am very critical of many decisions made in past and current situations.

And remember we all put on our pants the same way....everyone has an opinion and personal preferences of what we would like to see.....often there are a raft of things to cover.

Many cant sort the sizzle out from the sausage........people enter the garden of racing and step all over the flowers to point out a few weeds !

Many of the issues have been around for 50 years or more....speaking to 3 x of NZ's most knowledgable Journalists at the track last week they agreed people have been calling for certain changes for 50 years yet when decision time comes thru personal interest /conflicts , decisions can never be made.

The current dire situation IMO needs the industry bosses to start with a clean sheet and a strategy and a business plan to support that. Then do it !Shame there will be some casualties.Change looks to be coming !

Today is Reefton gallops so prepare to read how the great crowd and great atmosphere makes this ONE meeting a year club the equal of the big , subsidised City clubs...cant wait for the keyboard warriors to cut loose and stake their claim with mother-in-law research and personal abuse of the current administration .

Strong opinions will follow ... eg I once worked in a stable ,and shovelled shit ,I owned a potential champion , the commentator spolit my day ,the tipsters didnt pick the card ,I can pick better ....my bets are limited I only bet 20% of what I used to , Im the most important man in racing so much so that I post the most on NZ's 3 x sites to get my views out there often under different names to show my views have support .....etc etc. We all have these stories/dreams/fantasies !

The poor buggers that try and run the Industry have no chance against us....some of us hate the Industry so much that we spend hours posting/talking about that we never/rarely attend a meeting , we rarely bet and when we do we do with Aussie sites to get another dime on FO.We hate every move the bosses make. And we been complaining , on the Internet for years....so they never listen.

Lets in 2021 ,if we want the Industry to survive ...support change ,support the Industry with time and money........buy some subscriptions , bet more ,take your neighbour racing , go to Club and association meetings join a committee  push for changes from the inside.

Its going to be tough.....most NZ's dont like racing , and its getting worse as you pound on the keyboards......gather and check the facts !

We all put our pants on the same way.....be kind.......don't be a dick head !

Be kind....haha.....if that difficult at least be positive !

 

 

Great post as usual and notice  Varro how he didn't resort to gutter talk like

 

5 hours ago, Varro said:

are you just an oxygen thieving niller, who has an opinion on everything, but has done fuck all. i suspect it is the latter. correct me if im wrong.

I could correct you but why bother - your opinion of my posts is yours and yours alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tasman man said:

To add a bit of balance ....I disagree with your sentiments and note you also stoop to a bit of personal abuse to support your case .

I often find this a sign of desperation...when posters resort to this.

I have been subjected to this .....

eg ..go and take your meds at the rest home you loser ,what would you know........it is a discouragement to post but some folk do approach me and ask me to post more because I often come from an angle they agree with and are too scared to post themselves.......they don't need abuse even if it from a faceless ,nameless keyboard warrior.

These two protagonists being discussed here seem to come from two ends of spectrum........both post a lot ,but one is from positive angle the other from negative .

I have never met JJFlash nor do I know he is but I definitely look at the positive aspects of the industry which I am an enthusiastic participant in....I too am very critical of many decisions made in past and current situations.

And remember we all put on our pants the same way....everyone has an opinion and personal preferences of what we would like to see.....often there are a raft of things to cover.

Many cant sort the sizzle out from the sausage........people enter the garden of racing and step all over the flowers to point out a few weeds !

Many of the issues have been around for 50 years or more....speaking to 3 x of NZ's most knowledgable Journalists at the track last week they agreed people have been calling for certain changes for 50 years yet when decision time comes thru personal interest /conflicts , decisions can never be made.

The current dire situation IMO needs the industry bosses to start with a clean sheet and a strategy and a business plan to support that. Then do it !Shame there will be some casualties.Change looks to be coming !

Today is Reefton gallops so prepare to read how the great crowd and great atmosphere makes this ONE meeting a year club the equal of the big , subsidised City clubs...cant wait for the keyboard warriors to cut loose and stake their claim with mother-in-law research and personal abuse of the current administration .

Strong opinions will follow ... eg I once worked in a stable ,and shovelled shit ,I owned a potential champion , the commentator spolit my day ,the tipsters didnt pick the card ,I can pick better ....my bets are limited I only bet 20% of what I used to , Im the most important man in racing so much so that I post the most on NZ's 3 x sites to get my views out there often under different names to show my views have support .....etc etc. We all have these stories/dreams/fantasies !

The poor buggers that try and run the Industry have no chance against us....some of us hate the Industry so much that we spend hours posting/talking about that we never/rarely attend a meeting , we rarely bet and when we do we do with Aussie sites to get another dime on FO.We hate every move the bosses make. And we been complaining , on the Internet for years....so they never listen.

Lets in 2021 ,if we want the Industry to survive ...support change ,support the Industry with time and money........buy some subscriptions , bet more ,take your neighbour racing , go to Club and association meetings join a committee  push for changes from the inside.

Its going to be tough.....most NZ's dont like racing , and its getting worse as you pound on the keyboards......gather and check the facts !

We all put our pants on the same way.....be kind.......don't be a dick head !

Be kind....haha.....if that difficult at least be positive !

 

 

returning serve to the poster i replied to tasman man. no desperation. i have strong opinions too. but lets say i disagree with you, im not attempting to belittle your post. that was what my initial point was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Great post as usual and notice  Varro how he didn't resort to gutter talk like

 

I could correct you but why bother - your opinion of my posts is yours and yours alone. 

ive made my point. my gutter talk was mimicking you, because you put down a posters view that arent aligned with yours, you come across as though your thoughts and opinions, are only correct, the only thought and opinion that counts, and when it is different, you put down the poster. its happened many a time across different sites.

i dont post alot, i enjoy reading other views, and some of the posters here, i know have skin in the game as ive meet them on track, and as they have skin in the game, whether or not you agree with them, are entitled to their view, as are you.

 

anyway ive said what i had to say and put across my opinion. admittedly i could have done this better.

 

if you wish to take up my offer, then pm me, id be happy to show you around and introduce you to some folk who also have skin in the game that are pushing for change, and even offer you a complimentary drink on course should you wish

 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Varro said:

ive made my point. my gutter talk was mimicking you

Ive never posted this type of nonsense about anyone as you have done

Are you just an oxygen thieving niller, who has an opinion on everything, but has done fuck all. i suspect it is the latter. correct me if im wrong. or 

i do however suspect in person you are spineless and gutless 

 

I'm done on this but feel free to carry on 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 11:11 AM, Huey said:

I have to agree with him, I've been following cricket for years, but its now in the too hard basket and am not particularly interested in it because its yet another platform I've got to subscribe to so I can watch sport.

Same goes with racing , since the radio has gone my spend would be a 5th of what it has been previously, no doubt its having an impact, but thats being negated by the Covid bounce if you like. 

I'm not surprised you agree with mikenz , you two seem to be two peas in a pod !

The cricket thru Spark is only $24.99 a month  to subscribe to....include the other Spark sports and it is great value.

Maybe even your Sky subscription can be modified to possibly save money.

But surely anyone who can regularly punt on horses and at the same time post prolifically on racing websites can spare $25 bucks to watch great cricket.

What part of NZ are you in , and do you currently have any skin in the game ?

Have you attended any race meetings since start of summer.....gate charges have varied between $10 and $40 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tasman man said:

I'm not surprised you agree with mikenz , you two seem to be two peas in a pod !

The cricket thru Spark is only $24.99 a month  to subscribe to....include the other Spark sports and it is great value.

Maybe even your Sky subscription can be modified to possibly save money.

But surely anyone who can regularly punt on horses and at the same time post prolifically on racing websites can spare $25 bucks to watch great cricket.

What part of NZ are you in , and do you currently have any skin in the game ?

Have you attended any race meetings since start of summer.....gate charges have varied between $10 and $40 !

I'm not surprised you react like you do, youre in the "everything is awesome" brigade , that is of course until it has an impact on you.

I've got plenty of skin in the game and had a few race over the summer, so don't try an lecture me from your high horse.

No thanks to the Spark sport , its yet another subscription based service for sport , its all getting a bit much for me at my age , I used to just be able to turn the TV on and watch what I wanted, things haven't improved they have only become more inaccessible & an expensive for the average guy like me.

While we are at give us a good "bleat" about how much of a good punter you are , you know you want to I can smell your $1.5 shots from here, c'mon don't be shy let us know what a big hotshot you are on the punt, not like I haven't seen a thousand or your kind before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think 25bucks a month is much for spark and these days I don't even have sky as such,I get Freeview through my sky decoder,that's all,I simply can't be bothered ,streaming is fine,if your fastnet is fast tv convenient but probably where spark are letting cricket down is not having even a highlights programme on one at night sometime,it's not that TVone is overflowing with top tv,as I've said before no radio is a bummer, cricket have it,rugby had it,even netball, but racing,the lack of radio must be affecting interest,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I don't think 25bucks a month is much for spark and these days I don't even have sky as such,I get Freeview through my sky decoder,that's all,I simply can't be bothered ,streaming is fine,if your fastnet is fast tv convenient but probably where spark are letting cricket down is not having even a highlights programme on one at night sometime,it's not that TVone is overflowing with top tv,as I've said before no radio is a bummer, cricket have it,rugby had it,even netball, but racing,the lack of radio must be affecting interest,

Spark is only good for English Football...the only reason I have it...plus the odd American Football game.

Now the FA Cup is on, and Sky have that...so two subs needed to watch it all.......🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tasman man the other day eluded to how many post I post on here at it actually woke me up to how much time one can spend online,so do I want to spend all my life on devices,watching tv etc etc, not really, I watch a bit of trackside now and then,but since radio went off the air I just take no notice of a lot of it,,it don't matter what jj flash and all the other experts say many miss the radio I do know that sometime it will return in some form,maybe by focusing on the local stuff and the best stuff from oz,radio as a media is still reaching large audiences,its informative and its convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Spark is only good for English Football...the only reason I have it...plus the odd American Football game.

Now the FA Cup is on, and Sky have that...so two subs needed to watch it all.......🙄

People wanted competition,sky was a monopoly, not now, sometimes sky might be better not forking out all the money for nz cricket,they save money,probably don't lose many if any customers,not the end of the world,they still have most of the overseas cricket so will they be that bothered ,probably not,they did put a bid in for cricket but spark went heigher but did spark go heigher than they could afford time will tell? And just to add sky don't screen Wimbledon in July,that's on tvnz,probably work on the theory they have the league and union which is the core of the business so don't need to fork out extra coin to screen something that won't produce more customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Spark is only good for English Football...the only reason I have it...plus the odd American Football game.

Now the FA Cup is on, and Sky have that...so two subs needed to watch it all.......🙄

I actually find sport played in front of no crowd so unattractive,it is what it though at present,how long can these clubs keep playing in front of no crowds, it must come to a conclusion someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mikenz said:

People wanted competition,sky was a monopoly, not now, sometimes sky might be better not forking out all the money for nz cricket,they save money,probably don't lose many if any customers,not the end of the world,they still have most of the overseas cricket so will they be that bothered ,probably not,they did put a bid in for cricket but spark went heigher but did spark go heigher than they could afford time will tell? And just to add sky don't screen Wimbledon in July,that's on tvnz,probably work on the theory they have the league and union which is the core of the business so don't need to fork out extra coin to screen something that won't produce more customers.

Mike if you are making an effort to communicate your views could you please punctuate it so it looks like plain English.

Writing like above is tedious shit, not worth the effort and disrespectful to readers on this site.

Oh and happy New Year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nerula said:

Mike if you are making an effort to communicate your views could you please punctuate it so it looks like plain English.

Writing like above is tedious shit, not worth the effort and disrespectful to readers on this site.

Oh and happy New Year.

Nerula,I'm actually typing these comments on a I pad,might seem silly but I ain't as familiar with it,that's why it gets a bit crammed up,I now see there is a return key you push to drop down a line to start a new sentence so I have had my computer lesson for the next 6 months lol.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.