RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

If the TAB had not been saved.

5 hours ago, mikenz said:

People wanted competition,sky was a monopoly, not now, sometimes sky might be better not forking out all the money for nz cricket,they save money,probably don't lose many if any customers,not the end of the world,they still have most of the overseas cricket so will they be that bothered ,probably not,they did put a bid in for cricket but spark went heigher but did spark go heigher than they could afford time will tell? And just to add sky don't screen Wimbledon in July,that's on tvnz,probably work on the theory they have the league and union which is the core of the business so don't need to fork out extra coin to screen something that won't produce more customers.

Sky used to have all the football but dropped the ball when bidding time came round.

Hopefully, lesson learned for next time with new management indicating they will go all out.

17 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Sky used to have all the football but dropped the ball when bidding time came round.

Hopefully, lesson learned for next time with new management indicating they will go all out.

I got told that Spark isn't getting the response it was hoping for and that something might be happening with sky , let's hope , my internet coverage is crap , so have missed EPL and cricket , my whole summer dull and boring now .

1 minute ago, mikenz said:

Spark could help themselves a bit by working closer to tv1,screening a game or two live,maybe some cricket highlights.

Even if sky got EPL will they show every game live,probably not.

Spark did allow the first 20/20 of both visiting teams to be shown on TV 1 , also when Sky had previously they showed every game of the EPL , so probably yes . 

Not sure what form it will take if they do work something with Spark .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Spark did allow the first 20/20 of both visiting teams to be shown on TV 1 , also when Sky had previously they showed every game of the EPL , so probably yes . 

I actually  think sky get it right in regards to streaming,you have a choice,you can watch it on tv or stream it through a alternative package,(sky now) everyone's got options

No one is ever completely happy, whatever Sky or Spark do,a few years back when the NRL was about to start Sky was trying to secure rights but the NRL had upped their price,many threatened to leave Sky if they didn't have the matches,so if they had paid big money to get rights then raised their rates they would leave as well,it worked out in the end I guess.

13 hours ago, mikenz said:

I actually  think sky get it right in regards to streaming,you have a choice,you can watch it on tv or stream it through a alternative package,(sky now) everyone's got options

No one is ever completely happy, whatever Sky or Spark do,a few years back when the NRL was about to start Sky was trying to secure rights but the NRL had upped their price,many threatened to leave Sky if they didn't have the matches,so if they had paid big money to get rights then raised their rates they would leave as well,it worked out in the end I guess.

The point is , I don't mind paying for it, but I'd like the option of having it all in one place , thats up to the providers to find a way to achieve , having to subscribe to several packages, use several apps etc is downright annoying imo

On 1/10/2021 at 6:50 PM, nomates said:

David White the head of cricket stated that the 2 20 20 matches screened on Tv1 had very large audiences but as yet hasn't given us the figures for spark,which don't seem crash hot.

Shifting this to racing I can't see how racing can benefit by not being free to air,its on sky,also spark and online which like it or not you also pay for,unlimited broadband,the number of people who would subscribe for paying for racing  would be I'd say a big fat zero,

Might be fair to say that perhaps the lot running the TAB at present may not have gone off free to air but can anyone see what actual positives racing gets being restricted access,or does that question need a answer?

Have a good day all.