RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

If the TAB had not been saved.

6 minutes ago, nomates said:

Who ever was at fault for this decision , it shows yet again poor business acumen . As well as showing scant regard for their customer base . Every corner of racing needs to be trying to garner every dollar possible . If it was the TAB's decision then again it is just symptomatic of their lack of understanding on how to optimize their business .

On one hand they are asking us all to bet with them and them alone yet are denying punters the opportunity to do just that , one hand not talking to the other .

Or just lazy .

We need you running the show as you come across as a business expert.

Have you applied for the TAB CEO job?/- its currently vacant

5 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

As you say - its the clubs that close things down ,not the TAB

5 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

As you say - its the clubs that close things down ,not the TAB

I don’t think it was on New Year’s Day .Whoever it was the decision was terrible .Races were all over within a few hours then Zilch .

13 minutes ago, puha said:

Bars maybe but it’s the TAB that decided to close down all the betting facilities and turn off the big screen .The club would of been peeved I would say.Why the club and TAB couldn’t organise to keep everything functional till the last in Auckland is beyond me .

Hi Puha , how are you guys going , i see you are still racing the odd one . You were a bit down a few months ago when Waipuk got the chop . Did you retrench your numbers . Hope you guys stick with it , racing can't afford for people like yourselves leaving the industry .

1 minute ago, puha said:

I don’t think it was on New Year’s Day 

I was referring to bars etc. Had the same thing a few years back at Riccarton , club said close even though plenty of us wanted to have a punt in Ozzie

1 minute ago, nomates said:

Hi Puha , how are you guys going , i see you are still racing the odd one . You were a bit down a few months ago when Waipuk got the chop . Did you retrench your numbers . Hope you guys stick with it , racing can't afford for people like yourselves leaving the industry .

Going good mate . Have syndicated 3 horses last few months and introduced 10 new owners .Tracks going great with the new starting gates so regular jumpouts are held. Ironically with losing our race meetings for now it’s become a great training facility worth being able to use course proper .

8 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Ha , pot calling the kettle black . Only one of us a big enough sanctimonious prick to apply for that position .

Have enjoyed watching you hand out your usual dollops of advice to all and sundry with your usual pinch of narcissistic greater than thou attitude . 

The more things change the more they stay the same . You certainly haven't .

10 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I was referring to bars etc. Had the same thing a few years back at Riccarton , club said close even though plenty of us wanted to have a punt in Ozzie

I’ve been to Hastings many times and the bar staff have been told to stay open till 40 mins till after the last but the bar staff take no notice and shut up shop .Worst case I had was at Wanganui  and they shut the bar on two occasions 30 mins prior to the last .Remember someone from club commented on here that he was dismayed it was happening and start he’d sort it out . Clubs need to let bar staff know what’s expected .

7 minutes ago, puha said:

Going good mate . Have syndicated 3 horses last few months and introduced 10 new owners .Tracks going great with the new starting gates so regular jumpouts are held. Ironically with losing our race meetings for now it’s become a great training facility worth being able to use course proper .

Good to hear , and your own private training track , cracking , well done and good luck .

19 minutes ago, nomates said:

Only one of us a big enough sanctimonious prick to apply for that position .

Yep - you fit the bill perfectly although you would be 1000/1 and drifting based on most of your posts.  Leave it to the real experts but like Lights Out moan all you want. Its quite funny in  a way

Or, you could just chill out and try and sort out CD gallops. They do need a bit of help

21 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Yep - you fit the bill perfectly although you would be 1000/1 and drifting based on most of your posts.  Leave it to the real experts but like Lights Out moan all you want. Its quite funny in  a way

Or, you could just chill out and try and sort out CD gallops. They do need a bit of help

As usual , your still one of the few that is floating around in a big ocean with no real idea of just how deep it is , but with a fervent belief that the life boat will come over the next wave . 

So tell me , which one is it , do i fit the bill perfectly or not , 1000/1 suggests suggests not , but i trust your expertise when it comes to sanctimonious pricks , you look in the mirror most days i'm sure , got to keep reassuring yourself eh .

So tell me , you want me to help the CD out because they need help , but you said we should leave it to the real experts , so are you suggesting i am now one of the real experts , or do you mean the ones that have got it into it's current state . What are the current CD issues that need rectifying , i'm out of the loop . Fill me in pls .

9 minutes ago, nomates said:

As usual , your still one of the few that is floating around in a big ocean with no real idea of just how deep it is , but with a fervent belief that the life boat will come over the next wave . 

So tell me , which one is it , do i fit the bill perfectly or not , 1000/1 suggests suggests not , but i trust your expertise when it comes to sanctimonious pricks , you look in the mirror most days i'm sure , got to keep reassuring yourself eh .

So tell me , you want me to help the CD out because they need help , but you said we should leave it to the real experts , so are you suggesting i am now one of the real experts , or do you mean the ones that have got it into it's current state . What are the current CD issues that need rectifying , i'm out of the loop . Fill me in pls .

Haha........I thought you'd given up , tho I was told your '  negative raves ' were dominating another site which I not familiar with.

But looks like you're back with your aggressiveness and negativity !

I actually thought with your history of working in stables and developing some potential champions and business skills and articulate language skills that you would be well suited to sorting out NZ Racing and the TAB.

I gather you in the CD , and from the past I picked up you no longer attend race meetings but do bet a bit[ with the TAB in NZ so kudos for that ! ].

So I'd support you ....tell me more about yourself with more facts........and I could join your support team with the chirpy little duck and the Doom and gloom negaholics who claim they love their 'life long passion of racing' so much that the publicly ridicule it on a daily basis.You do have a few mates !

I do a bit of Harness so my participation in that could widen your knowledge there .

I look forward to learning your credentials and proof you not just a key board warrior getting over intoxicated with your own exuberance !

13 minutes ago, tasman man said:

Haha........I thought you'd given up , tho I was told your '  negative raves ' were dominating another site which I not familiar with.

But looks like you're back with your aggressiveness and negativity !

I actually thought with your history of working in stables and developing some potential champions and business skills and articulate language skills that you would be well suited to sorting out NZ Racing and the TAB.

I gather you in the CD , and from the past I picked up you no longer attend race meetings but do bet a bit[ with the TAB in NZ so kudos for that ! ].

So I'd support you ....tell me more about yourself with more facts........and I could join your support team with the chirpy little duck and the Doom and gloom negaholics who claim they love their 'life long passion of racing' so much that the publicly ridicule it on a daily basis.You do have a few mates !

I do a bit of Harness so my participation in that could widen your knowledge there .

I look forward to learning your credentials and proof you not just a key board warrior getting over intoxicated with your own exuberance !

Haha , didn't take long for your offsider to get in touch for some pensioner support , good on you for supporting the other geriatric .

I'll tell you what , if you are geniune more than happy to give my history by PM . Let me know . 

2 hours ago, nomates said:

Or you could read my posts and actually accept that you don't need to be negative about everything racing. Your no hope to run NZTAB and realistically some may think - thank god

Taking the piss out of your type is becoming too easy as you wont accept theirs a new Board /Act and a structure to get out of debt whilst improving code distributions.. Sadly i'm not sure you can take that on board.

As for Tasman's post, whom i have had no contact with ,ill have to side with him. He summed you up perfectly and has cred in my book, something you have yet to display on here re Performance of current NZTAB

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Straight up JJ here is my issue with you , instead of coming on and making an intelligent comment about my one and only post on the topic of closing facilities too soon , you choose to make a derogatory personal comment , maybe because your hanging onto past issues between us , i don't know , and if you remember it was the way you belittled 2 posters that started our little tet a tet . You are obviously a highly intelligent man , and the way you choose to use that intelligence to belittle people is fundamentally wrong in my book . I don't like bullying , and you do it regularly by talking down to people  when there is no requirement , not everyone is as intelligent as others .

My comment regarding the topic was purely about whoever made the decision it was not a good business decision , nothing more nothing less , who knows it might even have been a decision made by the Police , in which case it makes the topic redundant . But if i was running the TAB then i would make sure it was clear , if there are punters wanting to punt then we will fulfill our core responsibility , accept bets . Hopefully you would agree with that edict , perhaps not .

I have regularly seen your posts , on both sites and relating to both codes , agree or disagree there hasn't been much for me to reply too , but the one thing i am sure of i wouldn't have done is  gone straight in with low kick . If you went thru all my posts ever you wouldn't find once where i have replied in the first instance with a derogatory in regards the poster . But as i said perhaps i'm still a bit of a raw nerve for you .Not everything i post is negative , but i will take issue where i think i see things , IMO , being done wrong or , IMO , not in the best interest of the industry . I could easily say you and some others see everything thru rose colored glasses , but just because my opinion opposes your opinion doesn't automatically make them negative , i have been hands on in galloping for 40 years and i know many who are the same and see nothing changing , people at the coalface see a change of management which doesn't automatically mean a change of trajectory , simply because they have seen too many false dawns . 

Perhaps you have to accept that not everybody , and there are many , who don't see the rising of a new sun , the way you do . 

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Or you could read my posts and actually accept that you don't need to be negative about everything racing. Your no hope to run NZTAB and realistically some may think - thank god

Taking the piss out of your type is becoming too easy as you wont accept theirs a new Board /Act and a structure to get out of debt whilst improving code distributions.. Sadly i'm not sure you can take that on board.

As for Tasman's post, whom i have had no contact with ,ill have to side with him. He summed you up perfectly and has cred in my book, something you have yet to display on here re Performance of current NZTAB

Let's certainly hope youre right about the TAB performance, because with the loss of the radio etc etc etc I haven't heard too many wonderful things about it of late.

But in all seriousness where exactly are we getting excited about the performance of the TAB, what parts should we be looking out for that will drastically alter the future of racing in this country? We all know about the cost cutting , that was a no brainer and I accept the current board inherited a mess , so what is it apart from the Covid bounce that is spinning your black circle? 

10 hours ago, Huey said:

Let's certainly hope youre right about the TAB performance, because with the loss of the radio etc etc etc I haven't heard too many wonderful things about it of late.

But in all seriousness where exactly are we getting excited about the performance of the TAB, what parts should we be looking out for that will drastically alter the future of racing in this country? We all know about the cost cutting , that was a no brainer and I accept the current board inherited a mess , so what is it apart from the Covid bounce that is spinning your black circle? 

On the one hand everyone wanted costs cut as the debt load/balance sheet  was so bad they needed a bailout. Yet, when they did take the knife people want to moan about it . Trackside radio was a nicety that was not revenue enhancing just as Box Seat etc were. Subsequently, the codes have been given free rein to market their product out of distributions. Nothing stopping them except that means potential reductions in stakes. So you see the trade offs.

In answer to your second question. This would spin it for me as you put it 

{ 1} Enhanced operational performance resulting in higher distributions to Racing NZ = higher stakes if the codes have their own house in order

{2} Improvement in TAB Balance sheet, Seeing then retain some profits to reduce debt

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

On the one hand everyone wanted costs cut as the debt load/balance sheet  was so bad they needed a bailout. Yet, when they did take the knife people want to moan about it . Trackside radio was a nicety that was not revenue enhancing just as Box Seat etc were. Subsequently, the codes have been given free rein to market their product out of distributions. Nothing stopping them except that means potential reductions in stakes. So you see the trade offs.

{ 1} Enhanced operational performance resulting in higher distributions to Racing NZ = higher stakes if the codes have their own house in order

{2} Improvement in TAB Balance sheet, Seeing then retain some profits to reduce debt

Trackside Radio “ a nicety...?? “  In Marketing that is usually called looking after your customer......! Advertising should have helped defray costs anyway.

Why bother having a bet if you can’t hear the race ?. Not everyone is stuck in front of a TV, they are working, outside, driving, away from home etc..

Stupid decision just like Free to Air.

18 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Trackside Radio “ a nicety...?? “  In Marketing that is usually called looking after your customer......! Advertising should have helped defray costs anyway.

Why bother having a bet if you can’t hear the race ?. Not everyone is stuck in front of a TV, they are working, outside, driving, away from home etc..

Just at present we are at the height of our cricket,no one I talk to is watching it so there has got to be a big drop off in numbers following cricket,good coverage attracts people,poor or no coverage loses them,same as racing.

42 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Just at present we are at the height of our cricket,no one I talk to is watching it so there has got to be a big drop off in numbers following cricket,good coverage attracts people,poor or no coverage loses them,same as racing.

Where are you Mike , and who you talking to ?

Everyone ,well almost everyone I know and speak to is at the beach or on the water somewhere and NOT interested in sitting  indoors watching cricket on TV.

It's that time of year !

The keenest folk I know re Cricket use their phones to keep an eye on the Test.....some have Spark sport others just use updates on phone.

Those close to Christchurch can attend live if they wish ditto Tauranga before that.

Do you have any facts supported by a few numbers or do you prefer 'mother - in -law research' ?

Are you heading to Cromwell trots today and how is the weather up there ?

Anything good happening in your neck of the woods .....which is where , again ?

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Let me put it another way- if the codes thought it was such a good idea and revenue positive they would now be producing/paying for it .

The fact they are not suggests they are either, not interested or it fails on CB basis. Trade offs are always a touchy subject but you cant have your cake and eat it to. Restoring the  balance sheet would be my priority not Radio Trackside with its 3-4 mio cost. others may see it differently which is entirely their prerogative. 

MikeNz for example misses it when on his tractor or other contracting machines but has also said he does not bet much either.

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Ok fair enough.

You and I will not see eye to eye on the radio issue , but I still think thats a huge mistake that makes little sense.

On your other note , we can expect to see stakes increased drastically in the near future? But under the proviso the codes have their houses in order? That's where you lose me, don't know about the other codes but I don't think the thoroughbred code is in any sort of order. 

25 minutes ago, tasman man said:

Where are you Mike , and who you talking to ?

Everyone ,well almost everyone I know and speak to is at the beach or on the water somewhere and NOT interested in sitting  indoors watching cricket on TV.

It's that time of year !

The keenest folk I know re Cricket use their phones to keep an eye on the Test.....some have Spark sport others just use updates on phone.

Those close to Christchurch can attend live if they wish ditto Tauranga before that.

Do you have any facts supported by a few numbers or do you prefer 'mother - in -law research' ?

Are you heading to Cromwell trots today and how is the weather up there ?

Anything good happening in your neck of the woods .....which is where , again ?

I have to agree with him, I've been following cricket for years, but its now in the too hard basket and am not particularly interested in it because its yet another platform I've got to subscribe to so I can watch sport.

Same goes with racing , since the radio has gone my spend would be a 5th of what it has been previously, no doubt its having an impact, but thats being negated by the Covid bounce if you like. 

19 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Let me put it another way- if the codes thought it was such a good idea and revenue positive they would now be producing/paying for it .

The fact they are not suggests they are either, not interested or it fails on CB basis. Trade offs are always a touchy subject but you cant have your cake and eat it to. Restoring the  balance sheet would be my priority not Radio Trackside with its 3-4 mio cost. others may see it differently which is entirely their prerogative. 

MikeNz for example misses it when on his tractor or other contracting machines but has also said he does not bet much either.

Either that or they more likely don't have the expertise or funding to be producing it, its a real cop out by TAB the radio situation.

Besides that the codes are struggling to operate their own sports properly let alone broadcasting radio.

21 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

That statement alone shows you have little understanding of the customers that punt with the TAB, for someone who is so close to the core of the TAB that worries me!

5 minutes ago, Huey said:

I have to agree with him, I've been following cricket for years, but its now in the too hard basket and am not particularly interested in it because its yet another platform I've got to subscribe to so I can watch sport.

Same goes with racing , since the radio has gone my spend would be a 5th of what it has been previously, no doubt its having an impact, but thats being negated by the Covid bounce if you like. 

Lots I talk to say gee it's a basted no radio,even some old lady on zb in the middle of the night was moaning about it,can't understand things,strange how the tab are trying to attract new customers probably be just as good to look after the present