RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

If the TAB had not been saved.

Match racing every runner puts in an amount eg $500 either winner takes all or split on placed. If you want to race for big money you go overseas.

Either that to make money from horses open a restaurant.

https://gordon-ramsay-recipe.com/recipes-of-italian-cuisine/22-ways-to-cook-horse-meat-italian-cuisine.html 

It might seem a odd question,like I read on here all the critics of the tab but I doubt anyone else has an alternative,would an overseas company buy into the nz setup,maybe they would but it would be on their terms with nz being the big losers here.

32 minutes ago, mikenz said:

It might seem a odd question,like I read on here all the critics of the tab but I doubt anyone else has an alternative,would an overseas company buy into the nz setup,maybe they would but it would be on their terms with nz being the big losers here.

You post a lot of rubbish both here and elsewhere but this just about  the best for some time.

It is an odd question as didn't the TAB distribute  159 mio to the codes last season

The current Labour mob won't sell anything in case you have lived in a cave for last 9 decades

Half yearly NZTAB results will be out at some point  in Feb. I'm picking a good result that is well in advance  of budget If true you and the other naysayers will have a lot of egg on.your face. 

36 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You post a lot of rubbish both here and elsewhere but this just about  the best for some time.

It is an odd question as didn't the TAB distribute  159 mio to the codes last season

The current Labour mob won't sell anything in case you have lived in a cave for last 9 decades

Half yearly NZTAB results will be out at some point  in Feb. I'm picking a good result that is well in advance  of budget If true you and the other naysayers will have a lot of egg on.your face. 

Were they not given a bailout,on one hand they were being bailed out on another doing well,strange,I'm certainly not anti them they make mistakes like the rest of us but had Winnie said no and many were not happy bailing out a gambling organisation what would have been the scenario.

3 hours ago, mikenz said:

ask  yourself this what would tab look like if it had competition ?

also  be better quality tv coverage   if  we  got   aussie to take it over   you cant  even get  presenters tips on tab site   let alone 1 on track  

4 hours ago, LightsOut said:

Match racing every runner puts in an amount eg $500 either winner takes all or split on placed. If you want to race for big money you go overseas.

Either that to make money from horses open a restaurant.

https://gordon-ramsay-recipe.com/recipes-of-italian-cuisine/22-ways-to-cook-horse-meat-italian-cuisine.html 

That's enough to give you the trots 

16 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

C'mon JJ, they have only done what the industry has been screaming at them to do for years (hats off for at least doing that) namely cutting costs.

They have benefited greatly from the Covid situation in most aspects of the business.

If they can't make that work we are really stuffed. Comparing the next year (Betting) after this one will be the make the more interesting comparison imo

2 hours ago, Huey said:

C'mon JJ, they have only done what the industry has been screaming at them to do for years (hats off for at least doing that) namely cutting costs.

My point and i will make it once again the current board inherited a total nightmare. A 50 mio site which they cant change or get out of for 10 years. A previous Management group and board who increased operating costs. Not to mention a debt load that required immediate injection by Winnie and co

As you say the current lot have done what the previous lot should have done- CUT COSTs and introduced a new business plan which i think will assist bottom line . This in turn means higher returns to owners  via Racing NZ board distributions

Lets see what the half year/annual results are like because ultimately thats what the current board are going to be judged on.

54 minutes ago, LightsOut said:

Covid made them get their arses into gear prior to Covid they did stuff 

I think we'll know your negative  opinion.of TAB and the rubbish you continually  post

In case your blind which is a possibility  Glenda and John have departed a year ago 

What would  you have to moan about if it went under??.

What would  you have to moan about if it went under??.

Ha rubbish I post, the results are there if anyone with a half a brain can clearly see. Give me one positive thing they did prior to Covid? Ha they increased the o/d to $40 million - real positive trading of a Company well in the crap.

TAB NZ is only able to access the Crown grant for permitted purposes and must validate each funding request with evidence. The Department assesses each funding request and releases funds if it is satisfied conditions have been met. A more formal and longer-term monitoring arrangement may also need to be considered depending on the outcome of recapitalisation work

.You really think they are going that well they have their hands ties and the Minuister has been advised that more money will be needed to prop them up.

And in case you are a bit slow there are plenty of people who have zero faith in the current management as the above quote re performance monitoring would suggest.

11 hours ago, LightsOut said:

Ha rubbish I post, the results are there if anyone with a half a brain can clearly see. Give me one positive thing they did prior to Covid? Ha they increased the o/d to $40 million - real positive trading of a Company well in the crap.

.You really think they are going that well they have their hands ties and the Minuister has been advised that more money will be needed to prop them up.

And in case you are a bit slow there are plenty of people who have zero faith in the current management as the above quote re performance monitoring would suggest.

Speaking of results.  How many questions were asked in Parliament when last RITA accounts were tabled.

None. New team new game.

As for your covid stuff. Wasn't a new Racing Act in formation which was the Ministers  priority given Messarra report.

300 less staff are now employed and some drastic action taken in other areas

The current board will as I've sail before be judged on results. Even if good you'll find something to moan about.

300 less staff are now employed and some drastic action taken in other areas

Yes and as I have said it took Covid to do it. They were broke believe it or not but Covid actually helped them out. 

Even if good you'll find something to moan about.

Maybe if the clowns actually listened to their customers there might be a lot less to moan about. Here they are pleading with customers to come back and bet with us but have they actually bothered to ask them why they deserted them. They need too be told because they are obviously too thick to work it out for themselves.

Most Companies ask customers why they have taken their business elsewhere but not this one.

23 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

My point and i will make it once again the current board inherited a total nightmare. A 50 mio site which they cant change or get out of for 10 years. A previous Management group and board who increased operating costs. Not to mention a debt load that required immediate injection by Winnie and co

As you say the current lot have done what the previous lot should have done- CUT COSTs and introduced a new business plan which i think will assist bottom line . This in turn means higher returns to owners  via Racing NZ board distributions

Lets see what the half year/annual results are like because ultimately thats what the current board are going to be judged on.

lets look   your  point 

johns report    created it gave them the funding gave them  all the policy's

and   they employed mckenzie  ( who then had the choice of all his mates ( not to metion there huge  $  pay  packets 

so they run   then just before  lockdown  dean parted ways 

so i ask what have they had to do to create this 

and like a labour government they  rather have it reviewed pay people on  high dollars   and not change a   flippen thing  

have they really changed anything outside  the joh m findings no will b the answer 

1 hour ago, mr_gee said:

lets look   your  point 

johns report    created it gave them the funding gave them  all the policy's

and   they employed mckenzie  ( who then had the choice of all his mates ( not to metion there huge  $  pay  packets 

so they run   then just before  lockdown  dean parted ways 

so i ask what have they had to do to create this 

and like a labour government they  rather have it reviewed pay people on  high dollars   and not change a   flippen thing  

have they really changed anything outside  the joh m findings no will b the answer 

Can you post it in English that i or others can understand. Ive read you post 5 times and sorry but have no idea what you are on about

4 hours ago, LightsOut said:

Here they are pleading with customers to come back and bet with us

A very good marketing strategy by the new team IMHO. As i have posted elsewhere i reactivated my account and have given Oz accounts the swerve as NZTAB have improved offerings and are competitive with their bonus bets  and other promos. Pricing is very good as well on F/O s. Also, as the promo says money spent locally goes back to locals be it sports or racing.

Naturally there will be some like yourself who obviously wont ever deal with NZTAB given your constant moaning on here about them. That's entirely your choice as you have  other options open to you offshore. 

The TAB don’t help themselves at times . New Year’s Day at Hastings their was a very healthy crowd considering it was a 6 race card . Like many I expected the TAB and big screen to stay operational so we could carry on betting and watching the Ellerslie races unfold . But no the TAB couldn’t close everything down fast enough which also included the bar staff . You had a captive audience on track and they were treated like crap . Another missed opportunity and many left pissed off .

13 minutes ago, puha said:

The TAB don’t help themselves at times . New Year’s Day at Hastings their was a very healthy crowd considering it was a 6 race card . Like many I expected the TAB and big screen to stay operational so we could carry on betting and watching the Ellerslie races unfold . But no the TAB couldn’t close everything down fast enough which also included the bar staff . You had a captive audience on track and they were treated like crap . Another missed opportunity and many left pissed off .

I can never  understand racing clubs doing this, basically the last horse on track crosses the line and things shut down. 

20 minutes ago, puha said:

Wouldn't that have more to do with the club than the TAB?

4 minutes ago, Huey said:

Wouldn't that have more to do with the club than the TAB?

Bars maybe but it’s the TAB that decided to close down all the betting facilities and turn off the big screen .The club would of been peeved I would say.Why the club and TAB couldn’t organise to keep everything functional till the last in Auckland is beyond me .

Who ever was at fault for this decision , it shows yet again poor business acumen . As well as showing scant regard for their customer base . Every corner of racing needs to be trying to garner every dollar possible . If it was the TAB's decision then again it is just symptomatic of their lack of understanding on how to optimize their business .

On one hand they are asking us all to bet with them and them alone yet are denying punters the opportunity to do just that , one hand not talking to the other .

Or just lazy .

16 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

I can never  understand racing clubs doing this, basically the last horse on track crosses the line and things shut down. 

As you say - its the clubs that close things down ,not the TAB