RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Tradition at Kurow

1 hour ago, uneasy said:

READ THE STIPES REPORT No interference

Thats why Cuneen got 4 days!!! 

I've read it of course. Doesn't mention interference. Read it yourself. It says he dictated Watchmaker over extra ground, not that he caused interference as defined in 642 (2) (b).

Where exactly is the interference? Show me. Watchmaker moved away as far as I can see though the steward's vision aint there yet but it's not there for the Otaki meeting on the 18th either, just a message saying it may take 3 or 4 days. It's the incompetence we are up against I'm afraid despite today's technology.

R Cuneen(TRADITION) Admitted a subsequent charge of careless riding in that he permitted his mount TRADITION, to shift outwards over the final 100 metres hampering WATCHMAKER which was dictated over extra ground. After hearing submissions the Judicial Committeesuspended R Cuneens licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on 3rdJanuary 2021until the conclusion of racing on 10thJanuary 2021 (4 days) and imposed a fine of $250.

He got 4 days for careless riding. Not for causing interference which they claim he did in the placing reversal.

interference is defined as:

(i) a horse crossing another horse without being at least its own length and one other clear length in front of such other horse at the time of crossing;

(ii) a horse jostling with another horse, unless it is proved that such jostling was caused by the fault of some other horse or Rider or that the horse or Rider jostled with was partly at fault; or

(iii) a horse itself, or its Rider, in any way interfering with another horse or the Rider of another horse in a Race, unless it is proved that such interference was caused by the fault of some other horse or Rider or that the horse or Rider interfered with was partly at fault.

So they are now defining interference as shifting out with no contact but the other horse drifting away/out as well?

Tradition clearly altered the momentum of Watchmaker by forcing it to run wide down the straight.

Have you ever raced someone and dictated their line as they were coming behind you? Makes it tough for them to get past. This is exactly why the result was changed.

55 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Tradition clearly altered the momentum of Watchmaker by forcing it to run wide down the straight.

Have you ever raced someone and dictated their line as they were coming behind you? Makes it tough for them to get past. This is exactly why the result was changed.

Under what rule? If I'm a length clear I can go where I like though that has nothing to do with what happened here.

57 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Leggy. Are you advising the jockey on Watchmaker to not be aware of the horse on his inside? A bad jockey would have let his horse run straight and get smashed, but he was forced to let it drift with Tradition.

Exactly. He was entitled to hold his line or go wherever he liked provided he didn't interfere with another horse. If he chose to move out whether that be to avoid contact from the other horse or in search of better ground or whatever, that's his choice. Of course if they are going to interpret that movement as resulting from non-contact interference then you might have to advise differently.

All I can say is that I watched one race from Kurow, saw Tradition reasonably easily win that race and got a hell of a shock when I saw the race results the next day, and on Boxing day I watched the Zabeel race, saw what I thought was significant interference and was quite staggered when no one else seemed to notice anything. I suppose a decent head on video might show something different, but my impression is that there is no real consistency in such decisions.