RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

EOY Message

http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/r/BC/CD6/678/143050/csfinal/NZTR-banner-9900000000079e3c.jpg

Dear Valued Owner,

As we look towards 2021, the NZTR Board and staff want to thank you, our industry participants, for your resilience, support, and effort during the past 12 months.

We have learned much from 2020 with our experiences including: COVID shutdowns; Government and TAB support; innovating the racing program; delivering Cambridge’s new synthetic track; changing the footprint of our racetracks; the wholehearted support from owners and punters upon the return to racing; and better understanding the international opportunities to sell NZ thoroughbred racing. You have all played a role, and the disruption of 2020 has provided us with a chance to innovate and change the way we do business in the future.

As we look to the New Year, the new constituted NZTR Board is ready to deliver the next phase of growth for NZ thoroughbred racing.

Our key areas of focus will include:

·        The racing product - ensuring we innovate to maximise domestic and international wagering and revenue for the sport in NZ.

·        Infrastructure - improving standards to drive an increase in owner and punter participation.

·        Training and development - improving opportunities for our people, including attracting new participants.

·        Clubs - working with clubs to develop a sustainable racing model for each region of NZ.

·        Marketing and PR - developing an overarching marketing and promotional strategy, one that is inclusive of and supported by NZTR, clubs and industry stakeholders.

·        Other assets - explore asset aggregation and new sources of revenue for NZ thoroughbred racing.

We see the next phase as a time to challenge ourselves, using this opportunity to work together to deliver improved financial outcomes to invest in prizemoney, clubs, thoroughbred welfare and improved infrastructure.

We want to make 2021 a year of change and exploring different ways of working. This will require leadership from the NZTR Board and Management, along with the support of, and new thinking from all participants.

Thank you for your support and happy New Year.

Ngā mihi nui,

Cameron George             Bernard Saundry
Chairman                          Chief Executive

Cameron George and Bernard Saundry just going through the motions and justifying their existence. Not a mention of when minimum stakes are going to increase. I have shares in one racing at Kurow today and two probably racing in the same race at Tauranga on Saturday. If they don't run 1/2 myself and my fellow owners will be well out of pocket.New year looming same old derisory minimum stakes.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Might I ask what you’d like them to have said ?

It’s just an end of year feel good message isn’t it ?  Not a mission statement or strategy paper 

Personally I think NZTR has the best board in memory and knowing most of them I’m of the view they’ll have an appetite for change ... unlike the dead wood we ( thankfully ) just said goodbye to 

I’m certainly not saying it’s all blue sky ahead, but it’s looking a lot better than at any other time this century 

May have been better to say nothing except happy new year? The other garbage is just that. Made me feel ill.

Apart from the opening line which should have said "Dear Valued and Long Suffering Owner" the rest was it was ok.

There has been some wild bullshit go to's in the past. The targets here are reasonable and achievable if some only incremental,.

Its a yardstick you can beat them with 12 months hence if the aims are not reached..

Pure spin, nothing it it at all, no guts, no hope,  no future statement, just drivil promoting breeders

And we ask why are we heading nowhere, this statement with total lack of substance answers our ask. They have not a clue being totally detached to grass roots racing, and dare I say it the Punter 

Thank God for my Aussie TAB account

3 hours ago, Nerula said:

Apart from the opening line which should have said "Dear Valued and Long Suffering Owner" the rest was it was ok.

There has been some wild bullshit go to's in the past. The targets here are reasonable and achievable if some only incremental,.

Its a yardstick you can beat them with 12 months hence if the aims are not reached..

Seriously? You have to be kidding?

5 hours ago, Nerula said:

Well then , there will be 10 yardsticks to beat them with . 1 for each of the last 10 years they have failed to achieve their aims , could probably comfortably increase that to 20 . Their trail of failure has left a scar on racing that matches the trail of ruin the shifting of tectonic plates can leave .

The best they can achieve will be wiping their own chins before their bullshit hits their pristine white shirts . 

It's nothing more than sanctimonious spin . The 3 blind mice have more idea of what direction they are going in than these imposters .

10 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Might I ask what you’d like them to have said ?

It’s just an end of year feel good message isn’t it ?  Not a mission statement or strategy paper 

Personally I think NZTR has the best board in memory and knowing most of them I’m of the view they’ll have an appetite for change ... unlike the dead wood we ( thankfully ) just said goodbye to 

I’m certainly not saying it’s all blue sky ahead, but it’s looking a lot better than at any other time this century 

are you saying saundrys doing ok

Turny T,  Nomates (why?) and Legs. This is a new board ffs. The previous was said to be dysfunctional by those in the know.. So there's no point in trying to saddle shortcoming of the past onto the new people until they have had a run.

I started the thread because its been very quiet lately - maybe people in a reflective mood after a rugged year. But the sun comes up in the morning. every day and there is always a possibility that things could get better

Just now, Leggy said:

Are we down to measuring NZTR's performance by whether or not the CEO will answer the phone?

Well its a good start The previous one wouldnt. Ring  BS up and give him a steer or go down and see him. He is approachable.

Leggy the difference in our outlooks is I am an optimist first and a realist second. That comes from my blue collar life because never was a pessimist a success in my industry. I acknowledge your higher education. Perhaps you don't need to be a contrarian to what i write.

From Richard Callanders' column on Racenet this week:

I keep hearing whispers that former CEO of Racing Victoria Bernard Saundry, who is currently CEO of NZ Racing, could be parachuted back into a high profile role within Victorian racing.

3 hours ago, Nerula said:

Well its a good start The previous one wouldnt. Ring  BS up and give him a steer or go down and see him. He is approachable.

Leggy the difference in our outlooks is I am an optimist first and a realist second. That comes from my blue collar life because never was a pessimist a success in my industry. I acknowledge your higher education. Perhaps you don't need to be a contrarian to what i write.

No. It's not if he won't answer the hard questions. Also you have me seriously misplaced. I spent most of my life farming, picking up horse shit, riding trackwork, weilding a hammer framing houses, building roof trusses and the like. Blue collar as they come. That's what makes me a realist.

7 hours ago, Nerula said:

Turny T,  Nomates (why?) and Legs. This is a new board ffs. The previous was said to be dysfunctional by those in the know.. So there's no point in trying to saddle shortcoming of the past onto the new people until they have had a run.

I started the thread because its been very quiet lately - maybe people in a reflective mood after a rugged year. But the sun comes up in the morning. every day and there is always a possibility that things could get better

Aware of that thanks, just not accepting of more of the same  - like many others looking for changes but doubt I will see many, if any

NZTR need to get their house in order! 

I mean advertising a 13th and 14th stake for races with a start limit of 12 is not a good look! ( West coast races)

Now here is an interesting question for you -

if a $10,000 race only has 5 starters - what happens to the $1800 that is not earned by finishers? Is it divided between those 5 or is it kept in the coffers? If not divided between the finishers that means the race is only for a stake of $8,200 not the advertised $10,000

8 hours ago, Griffin said:

From Richard Callanders' column on Racenet this week:

I keep hearing whispers that former CEO of Racing Victoria Bernard Saundry, who is currently CEO of NZ Racing, could be parachuted back into a high profile role within Victorian racing.

He has said verbally that he is gone and not going to be here to clean up the mess.....

2 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

NZTR need to get their house in order! 

I mean advertising a 13th and 14th stake for races with a start limit of 12 is not a good look! ( West coast races)

Now here is an interesting question for you -

if a $10,000 race only has 5 starters - what happens to the $1800 that is not earned by finishers? Is it divided between those 5 or is it kept in the coffers? If not divided between the finishers that means the race is only for a stake of $8,200 not the advertised $10,000

It's quite clear from the prizemoney policy von.

When a race has a starting limit of 14 or more, but there are fewer than 14 runners, the prizemoney for the placings not filled is retained by NZTR.  This prizemoney saved has, thus far, been used to help fund over 50 races which have been added to the schedule, as well as the cost of two additional race meetings.

12 hours ago, Leggy said:

It's quite clear from the prizemoney policy von.

When a race has a starting limit of 14 or more, but there are fewer than 14 runners, the prizemoney for the placings not filled is retained by NZTR.  This prizemoney saved has, thus far, been used to help fund over 50 races which have been added to the schedule, as well as the cost of two additional race meetings.

Thanks for that and Happy New Year to you.

I guess this means that the $10,000 races at Omoto are not actually run for $10,000 - so are they running for less than the minimum stake?

1 minute ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Thanks for that and Happy New Year to you.

I guess this means that the $10,000 races at Omoto are not actually run for $10,000 - so are they running for less than the minimum stake?

Yip.