RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cooper

Top Jockey

Can anyone please tell me what is the top Jockeys Premiership total for the year in NZ?  The way Danielle Johnson  is going at present is she in line to beat it? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. 

IMO

Without Matt Cameron, Jason Waddell or Cameron Lamas riding this summer, the dominance of Danielle Johnson could escalate at a rate not seen since the ‘Lance O’Sullivan return from Hong Kong’ era. 
The absolute runaway leader of the jockey’s premiership is fulfilling her natural ability not only as a rider but as a personality the punters, trainers and owners can rely on and trust to ensure their investments are at the forefront of her every assignment.
Her ability to ride light, maintain fitness, strength and balance in a finish and with a new focus to achieve are traits that attract followers endowed amongst the game.

So barring injury, who are those that can usurp this train, slow its momentum or challenge its endeavours?

During Lance O’Sullivan’s reign, there was a young apprentice OP Bosson whose talent was recognised early and gave a point of difference.
When James McDonald was cutting his teeth in NZ with his superb ability as a horseman, challengers were around him young and old who help propel him to where he is now.

So, with Danielle’s dominance and excluding the few top liners (OP, Vinny, Leith, JKB, Lisa Allpress, Sam Collect), are there any other hoops who with help could slow the train and make this an even playing field?

7 hours ago, Cooper said:

Thanks Nerula but I did find that. I want to know what is the highest total to beat in a year. I seem to think either  Lance O’Sullivan Or JMac may hold it. I think it may be up round 130ish. 

Quite a few premierships have been won with around 150 wins , but I think James McDonald's 207 wins in 2010-11 may be the record.

4 hours ago, JOT said:

IMO

Without Matt Cameron, Jason Waddell or Cameron Lamas riding this summer, the dominance of Danielle Johnson could escalate at a rate not seen since the ‘Lance O’Sullivan return from Hong Kong’ era. 
The absolute runaway leader of the jockey’s premiership is fulfilling her natural ability not only as a rider but as a personality the punters, trainers and owners can rely on and trust to ensure their investments are at the forefront of her every assignment.
Her ability to ride light, maintain fitness, strength and balance in a finish and with a new focus to achieve are traits that attract followers endowed amongst the game.

So barring injury, who are those that can usurp this train, slow its momentum or challenge its endeavours?

During Lance O’Sullivan’s reign, there was a young apprentice OP Bosson whose talent was recognised early and gave a point of difference.
When James McDonald was cutting his teeth in NZ with his superb ability as a horseman, challengers were around him young and old who help propel him to where he is now.

So, with Danielle’s dominance and excluding the few top liners (OP, Vinny, Leith, JKB, Lisa Allpress, Sam Collect), are there any other hoops who with help could slow the train and make this an even playing field?

Why would you mention J Waddell and C Lammas in your post when asking the dominance of Danielle....they are gone thankfully.....