RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Woeful stakes

10 minutes ago, Trump said:

Some say that NZ Breeders wield a strong influence on NZ Racing. If so, don’t expect to see a breeding levy to fund stakes. 

Look what's happened to Queenstown now international's cannot visit . It's pretty dead even in summer and those that creamed it are hurting  , it's got a bad rep for overcharging so lot locals swerve it and go elsewhere for holidays ,   of course now they want the locals but need to crank down the prices lower if they want volume . . A few international buyers don't bother no more then breeders will need a half decent racing game here to sell to or they will sadly feel the heat too.

6 hours ago, Trump said:

Some say that NZ Breeders wield a strong influence on NZ Racing. If so, don’t expect to see a breeding levy to fund stakes. 

Thats logical as they have the most capital at risk. there is the levy at Karaka helps fund the Karake Millions.

Be nice to see a levy on all the overseas sales but I guess there are legal issues with that.

47 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Thats logical as they have the most capital at risk. there is the levy at Karaka helps fund the Karake Millions.

Be nice to see a levy on all the overseas sales but I guess there are legal issues with that.

I’d have to question your Logic. I would have thought that “Owners” have the most Capital at risk, if you factor in the purchase price and annual training and maintenance costs owners incur. 

On 1/8/2021 at 6:58 AM, Kingshill said:

You'd like to think that a maiden race at Ellerslie on a Weekend/Public holiday/Premier meeting would be worth at least $20k 🤔

I agree 100%......there is a 'slush fund' of stakes not paid out when fields a below the maximum numbers of starters AND /OR other races could be tweaked throughout the season.

Ellerslie proudly reports ,the last two years at least ,that they voluntarily contribute $1 mill to stakes on top of NZ Racing contribution.....they have strong equity incl $49mill value in investments making a good return.

Plus they are proud of their "International" rating !

At the past two AGM's they have been asked about the $10k stake maiden races , including some jumping races .

The Board seemed interested in doing something about this...seems a ' no-brainer '....I suspect it may be a directive from above to maintain these minimum stakes for Maidens.

12 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:
On 1/8/2021 at 7:17 AM, Leggy said:

How would you pay for that?

Take the $14000 unclaimed stake money from the Eclipse Stakes and add to it the $12000 unclaimed stake money from the Zabeel Classic, and you will have cash left over.

I can not understand why there is not an uproar by participants about this "unclaimed stake money" that we are told by Bernard Saundry is funding "the extra races NZTR are putting on"'

NZTR have effectively reduced stakes to owners and nobody seems to care. Apparently the "unclaimed stake money"  figure is over the 700K so far this season. Still we keep getting this spin or dribble about how great things are going. I think its time to wake up.'

If a race is advertised to have a stake of 30K then 30K should be paid out. It must have been budgeted for if advertised.